Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Jason's Long Travel Toy Taco

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-05-2011, 05:52 PM   #1
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Jason's Long Travel Toy Taco

How it sits today:

Vehicle
2004 Toyota Tacoma TRD
3.4L V6
4x4 w/ 5 Speed Manual
Debadged

Performance
TRD Supercharger
URD 7th Injector Kit
URD Short Shifter
Deck Plate Mod
Magnaflow 18" Muffler and custom cat-back
Regeared to 4.56

Front Suspension
Total Chaos Long Travel
8" King Coilovers
8" King Triple Bypass Secondaries
Total Chaos Secondary Shock Hoops
1” Diff Drop
Total Chaos Camber Gussets, Coil Bucket Gussets, and Spindle Gussets
Energy Suspension Polyurethane Steering Rack Bushings

Rear Suspension
King “Link Killer” 16" Double Bypasses
Custom Bed Cage
Fox 4" Stroke Bumps
All-Pro 50T Spring Pack
12” Total Chaos Shackles
Total Chaos Shackle Pivots and Pivot Gussets
Tundra Rear Axle with ARB Locker
Relentless Axle Truss
Currie U-bolt Skid Plates
Trail Gear Limit Straps

Shoes
SCS F-5 16x8 Wheels
Pro Comp Xtreme Mud Terrain 285/75/16
Hankook Dynapro Mud Terrain 285/75/16 spares

Lights
6000K HID Hi/Low Headlights
3 7" HIDx 6000K Driving Lights
VHT Blacked Out Tail Lights and 3rd Brake Light
5 6000K HID Rock Lights

Exterior Goodies
Glassworks Fenders and Bedsides
Glassworks Supercharger Hood
Demello Front Bumper
Demello Sliders
BudBuilt IFS Skidplate
BudBuilt Bellypan and Crossmember
Custom Rear Bumper
Trail Gear Frame Plates
Trail Gear Frame Box Kit
10 lb PowerTank
Two 5 Gallon NATO Gas Cans
Slide-in Bed Cage Adapter for Snowboard Rack, Safari Basket, Bike Rack, and Roof Top Tent
Kobalt Slim Toolbox
Custom Dual Vertical Spare Tire and Floor Jack Cage
Harbor Freight 2 Ton Aluminum Floor Jack
Pro Comp Tow Hook

Interior Goodies
Pioneer Navi
JL Audio Monoblock Amp
2 POS 10” Subs (but they do the job)
OTRATTW Rocker Switches
WeatherTech FloorLiner Mats
Crow Racing Lap Belts
Custom Homelink Install in Headliner

More pictures....everywhere in the thread

ORIGINAL POST:

Exterior Shots:

Bed Cage:

Interior Shots:

Suspension:

Low Beams:

High Beams:

High Beams + Hellas:

Theft Deterrent:

...more to come...
Old 02-05-2011, 05:55 PM   #2
He who angers you conquers you
Unknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
Nice, time for that TC kit
Old 02-05-2011, 05:58 PM   #3
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Dude nice set up
Old 02-05-2011, 06:05 PM   #4
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conekiller View Post
Nice, time for that TC kit
No doubt that would make it the true LT. But the next big ticket item is the TRD S/C

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintdiddy View Post
Dude nice set up
Thanks!
Old 02-05-2011, 06:09 PM   #5
Superior Member
707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
707tothe907's Tacoma Gallery
Great looking truck!
Old 02-05-2011, 06:12 PM   #6
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Damn nice truck! Looks like it'd be a blast to drive!
Old 02-05-2011, 06:15 PM   #7
2KTacoPr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed2KTacoPr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed2KTacoPr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed2KTacoPr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed2KTacoPr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed2KTacoPr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed2KTacoPr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed2KTacoPr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed2KTacoPr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed2KTacoPr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed2KTacoPr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Andrew
2KTacoPr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
who did your sub setup? thats fuckin sick
Old 02-05-2011, 06:23 PM   #9
Screw your MPG's
jacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
jacob_wood's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jacob_wood
Nice rides man! I noticed the 4th gen 4runner . Where at in SJ are you?
Old 02-05-2011, 06:54 PM   #10
The Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtsTRD View Post
Damn nice truck! Looks like it'd be a blast to drive!
Oh it is. I like not having to slow down for driveways, curbs, corners, or priuses (or is it prii...err prium...ahh to hell with it....civics)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KTacoPr3runn3r View Post
who did your sub setup? thats fuckin sick
I did it. Weekend in the garage when it was pooring rain outside. It's nothing too fancy. Took the stock metal brace out and dynamatted the shit out of it. Put it back in and used home depot foam to fill in all the cracks. It's not completely air tight but it keeps me happy. Replaced the cubbys with some 1/2" mdf cut to fit and voila!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkeller View Post
Sick. Got enough tire shine? lol
Well i wanted flat black rims, but I couldn't find one with a 4" bs that I liked. My solution was make the tires match the rims

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob_wood View Post
Nice rides man! I noticed the 4th gen 4runner . Where at in SJ are you?
Yeah the runner is the wifey's mall cruiser. I had to put Toytec coilovers on it for the speed bumps. I got a 06 Tundra DC too that you can catch a glimpse of in a couple of the pix, but that's just to tow the toy hauler. Damn...think I'm a yota fan

I'm right on the border of SJ and Milpitas.
Old 02-05-2011, 07:03 PM   #11
Tippett's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTippett's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTippett's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTippett's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTippett's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTippett's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTippett's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTippett's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTippett's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTippett's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTippett's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh Tippett
Tippett's TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Well done! Definitely a badass truck
Old 02-05-2011, 08:18 PM   #12
Screw your MPG's
jacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
jacob_wood's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jacob_wood
Quote:
Originally Posted by jberry813 View Post
Oh it is. I like not having to slow down for driveways, curbs, corners, or priuses (or is it prii...err prium...ahh to hell with it....civics)

I did it. Weekend in the garage when it was pooring rain outside. It's nothing too fancy. Took the stock metal brace out and dynamatted the shit out of it. Put it back in and used home depot foam to fill in all the cracks. It's not completely air tight but it keeps me happy. Replaced the cubbys with some 1/2" mdf cut to fit and voila!

Well i wanted flat black rims, but I couldn't find one with a 4" bs that I liked. My solution was make the tires match the rims

Yeah the runner is the wifey's mall cruiser. I had to put Toytec coilovers on it for the speed bumps. I got a 06 Tundra DC too that you can catch a glimpse of in a couple of the pix, but that's just to tow the toy hauler. Damn...think I'm a yota fan

I'm right on the border of SJ and Milpitas.
Nice man I got a 4runner mall crawler myself. It's got some goodies coming in shortly and I'm planning on saving for LT for it soon after. Nice that's not too far from where I'm at.
Old 02-05-2011, 11:51 PM   #13
Taco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant future
Name: j
Taco4Fish's Tacoma Gallery
very nice truck. Hard choice between who's truck is nicer yours or coles.
Old 02-06-2011, 12:09 AM   #14
higherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
higherlux's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to higherlux
your truck just gave me a boner
Old 02-06-2011, 12:48 AM   #16
G scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Garrett
G scott04's Tacoma Gallery
Nice! I like the rear set up alot
also for your front suspension set up, how hard can
you drive it say through whoops, bumps, and such,
VS. a full LT kit?
Old 02-06-2011, 08:16 AM   #17
The Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco4Fish View Post
very nice truck. Hard choice between who's truck is nicer yours or coles.
Cole's truck is bad ass. He actually has the LT up front and the rear in progress. I'm once he get's the rear done he could jump OVER my truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by higherlux View Post
your truck just gave me a boner
Thanks...I think? That's one of those compliments you have to think about, like, "Dude, you're wife has geat tits."

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimDigg View Post
Those tinted tails are sexy
Gotta thank TW for that. I found the howto writeup here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G scott04 View Post
Nice! I like the rear set up alot
also for your front suspension set up, how hard can
you drive it say through whoops, bumps, and such,
VS. a full LT kit?
I have no comparison. I've never driven a front LT truck before. I DRIVE my truck though. Next trip out to Pismo I'll get some air shots and let you decide
Old 02-06-2011, 10:14 AM   #19
The Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Codder View Post
Kick Ass Truck
Very, Very Nice

Thank ya much. BTW, love the grill!
Old 02-06-2011, 10:50 AM   #20
06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed
06HAOLE's Tacoma Gallery
Truck looks great.

I had an 04' 4x4 black extra cab 5 speed just like this. I really miss that truck and this is close to what I would have done to build it if I had kept her.

Products Discussed in this Thread