Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

my build

Old 02-05-2011, 08:26 PM   #1
sitenonme is on a distinguished road
Name: greg
sitenonme's Tacoma Gallery
my build

hey im new to trucks in general but i have been reading on this forum and learning a lot so i desided to join...im 17 so i just got my liscence a year ago and got my tacoma a few months ago...i was lucky i picked up an 04 double cab with the king suspension up front and i think its stock in back with brand new 33's on it for $8700 with 117000 miles. next im gonna get wheelspacers and paint the wheels black until i can afford new ones.

right now its in the shop cause the hood flew open on the freewayafter playing in the desert and it smashed up the hood and roof pretty good but im hoping to get it back soon with its new paint job ;p
Attached Thumbnails
my build-new-truck.jpg   my build-2.jpg  
Old 02-05-2011, 08:48 PM   #2
Max's Canadian Twin
theduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
theduck911's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck man!

Shitty to here about the hood tho!
Old 02-05-2011, 08:53 PM   #3
Timicha
Timicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TIM
Timicha's Tacoma Gallery
nice truck and welcome to TW good luck getting the truck all fixed
Old 02-05-2011, 08:56 PM   #4
ya the shop charged 4000 bucks for everything but its done right plus insurance covered it all i had to pay was 250...so ive been waiting and im so excited about everything ive been saving like crazy not spending a dime on anything just so i could blow it on my truck haha
Old 02-05-2011, 09:01 PM   #5
Timicha
Timicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TIM
Timicha's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sitenonme View Post
ya the shop charged 4000 bucks for everything but its done right plus insurance covered it all i had to pay was 250...so ive been waiting and im so excited about everything ive been saving like crazy not spending a dime on anything just so i could blow it on my truck haha
haha ya well being on this site doesn't help you save money
Old 02-05-2011, 09:03 PM   #6
haha so true...but luckily being 17 living at home and working with no bills is nice so all my money goes to food and my truck, unfortuantely mainly gas!
Old 02-07-2011, 06:22 PM   #7
Not all who wander are lost
01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

01GREENTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Not a bad looking rig. Sucks about the hood but you'll get it back soon enough.

As with TacomaWorld... you're going to quickly realize there is this little virus that runs around here. Most people refer to this as the mod bug. Watch out, because it'll get ya!
Old 02-09-2011, 11:10 PM   #8
Tacoma 4 Life.
chaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chase
chaz834's Tacoma Gallery
Ouch that's a buzz kill, Nice truck
Old 02-10-2011, 05:24 PM   #9
Just got my truck back from the shop with a brand new paint job and I picked up some spiertrax 1.25 and me and my buddy put them on last night and painted the wheels super glossy black to go nicely with the super glossy white hope u like it... Next I want black grille and afe intake system but I heard intakes can be bad for ur engine does anybody know about that? Well here r some pics... Enjoy???
Old 02-10-2011, 05:52 PM   #10
pics
Attached Thumbnails
my build-image-2-.jpg   my build-image.jpg   my build-image-4-.jpg   my build-image-5-.jpg   my build-image-7-.jpg  

Old 02-10-2011, 05:54 PM   #11
spray paint untill i have real whees hah
Attached Thumbnails
my build-image-6-.jpg   my build-image-3-.jpg  
Old 02-10-2011, 06:15 PM   #12
Mck007 is on a distinguished road
Mck007's Tacoma Gallery
Hi there, you have a very nice truck out there..so you said that you do have king suspension up front right?What kind is it?I mean like king coilover suspension??If so you are very lucky,do you have any idea of how expensive is that??I am looking forward for a set of king coilover shocks for mine (TT 03 Ext cab Trd 4x4 3inch lift) but for that I'll have to save nearly $1,000.00 and at the same time I'll replace the rear shocks for a set of 5100 billis.,how many inches of lift do you have there?I''ll guess like about 3 right? how do feel the ride on the road and off road??Is it smooth??That is mainly the reason why i want to replace the ones i have because mines are a litt bit rough ride and not very safe while doing off road but before buying that i want to know from people who have them so I'll be sure is worth to buy them,i would like to hear your opinion about it ,thank you!!
Old 02-10-2011, 08:22 PM   #13
Thanks man... But to answer ur question yes they r the coilovers and I think I have seen them for 1400 but I haven't done too much research on them cause j already have them haha but I believe they are anustaebin lift size but I think they work best at 2.5 in and that's what mine r at... They r super smooth on and off road... I can go down a dirt trail at 50 easy and float over small woops and in a sandy wash I can go like 60 and I feel like I'm flying especially when I'm turning a lilttle bit and just float right across... The kings r awesome with the 33 s I have on but it is stock in back so with ur bilsteins will probably make the trails even more fun for u haha but I defy itely recommend them just don't go too crazy... If u r going fast and Comebup on some big woops u might be in trouble I did that and the hood flew open for the first time but I figured out the problem was the latch wasn't working right... Hopefully I answered all ur questions if not just keep asking!
Old 02-17-2011, 09:29 PM   #14
Mck007 is on a distinguished road
Mck007's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you,that's all i needed to know, now i just have to go to ebay and aution my kidneys to raise the money i need to do some upgrades to my truck,,,,
Old 03-03-2011, 10:51 PM   #16
138taco is on a distinguished road

Name: Andrew
138taco's Tacoma Gallery

Nice rig.
I want to do the same thing as you: king cos and wheel spacers. Are you running the spacers on the front and the rear or just the front. This pic is with the spacers on right?
Old 03-05-2011, 09:41 AM   #17
I only put them in the front I don't really like the way it looks when the back wheels stick out too much unless it has long travel and fiberglass fenders and yes this was taken the day after I put the spacers on but after u drive about 50 miles tighten the spacers again and then about 150 miles be checking the actuall wheels cause that won't be used to the new spacing and are prone to get loose but after I tightened the wheels again the haven't come loose yet and it's been about 600 miles and they were super easy to do... Me and my friend put them on in the dark and I have a fasted leg right now from my motorcycle so I was hopping around putting my spacers on and painting my wheels haha ;p
Old 03-05-2011, 09:56 AM   #18
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timicha View Post
haha ya well being on this site doesn't help you save money

x2
Old 03-05-2011, 09:56 AM   #19
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
pics

Looks good, black wheels on a white truck look sick.
Old 03-05-2011, 12:14 PM   #20
138taco is on a distinguished road

Name: Andrew
138taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I only put them in the front I don't really like the way it looks when the back wheels stick out too much unless it has long travel and fiberglass fenders and yes this was taken the day after I put the spacers on but after u drive about 50 miles tighten the spacers again and then about 150 miles be checking the actuall wheels cause that won't be used to the new spacing and are prone to get loose but after I tightened the wheels again the haven't come loose yet and it's been about 600 miles and they were super easy to do... Me and my friend put them on in the dark and I have a fasted leg right now from my motorcycle so I was hopping around putting my spacers on and painting my wheels haha ;p
cool thanks for the info