Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

99PreRunner build

Old 02-28-2011, 09:14 AM   #1
^^ I no longer have a PreRunner
99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
99PreRunner.'s Tacoma Gallery
99PreRunner build

This is my 1999 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner. 3.4L V6 with 230k miles. This is how she sat as of 10/1/11

This is how she sits as of 10/2/11

THIS IS THE THREAD I POSTED AFTER THE WRECK

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...ip-tacoma.html

SO THIS WAS THE ORIGINAL BUILD

This is how it went:

I ordered some Bilstein 5100s and 5125s and Eibach coils

Got new tires and wheels

285/75/16 BFG KM2 with 16x8 Moto Metal 951 in black

All Pro Off-Road leaf springs

Strut and coil removed

Installing the leaf springs

The old leaf springs

More shots

[/url]

Fresh off the jack stands

AFTER SHOTS

So here is BEFORE and AFTER. Which looks better?

BEFORE

AFTER

Old 02-28-2011, 09:24 AM   #3
Tacoma 4 Life.
chaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chase
chaz834's Tacoma Gallery
Really clean looks good.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:27 AM   #4
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good man how was the leaf replacement i had to cut off the front leaf bolts and beat the shackle bolts out with a sledge hammer.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:32 AM   #5
99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thank y'all, I'm in love all over again
JLee: It went a whole lot easier than I was planning, they bolted up with no problems besides having to disconnect the break hose (no biggy)
Old 02-28-2011, 09:33 AM   #6
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99PreRunner. View Post
Thank y'all, I'm in love all over again
JLee: It went a whole lot easier than I was planning, they bolted up with no problems besides having to disconnect the break hose (no biggy)

Yeah the bolting up wasn't my problem it was taking off the stock ones. So you didn't get the extended brake lines?
Old 02-28-2011, 09:43 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
Yeah the bolting up wasn't my problem it was taking off the stock ones. So you didn't get the extended brake lines?
They came off as easy as they went on... No not yet, I couldn't find any around here (didn't really look hard). I'm going to order them today or tomorrow. And I used the factory U-bolts, I bought some longer ones from AutoZone, but my stock ones fit so I returned them.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:45 AM   #8
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99PreRunner. View Post
They came off as easy as they went on... No not yet, I couldn't find any around here (didn't really look hard). I'm going to order them today or tomorrow. And I used the factory U-bolts, I bought some longer ones from AutoZone, but my stock ones fit so I returned them.

Yeah i would get those break lines ASAP you could really do some damage to your hard brake lines just going over a speed bump.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:49 AM   #9

well we adjusted it to were it should be good until I get my lines in... hopefully
Old 02-28-2011, 08:39 PM   #10
Can you skin Grizz, pilgram?
tacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
tacomakid96's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet truck! How does your truck ride with those shocks and coils?
Old 02-28-2011, 10:16 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomakid96 View Post
Sweet truck! How does your truck ride with those shocks and coils?
It's a little stiffer than I thought it would be, but on the road, it feels really good. I haven't got to take it off road, seeing how I just put the lift on 2 days go. I love how the leaf springs ride!
Old 02-28-2011, 10:45 PM   #12
brettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
brettb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
Yeah i would get those break lines ASAP you could really do some damage to your hard brake lines just going over a speed bump.

i recently replaced my leaf springs with ones with 2.25 inches of lift. what happens if i dont replace the brake lines? and would it be possible to install myself?
Old 03-01-2011, 06:51 AM   #13
Can you skin Grizz, pilgram?
tacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
tacomakid96's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brettb View Post
i recently replaced my leaf springs with ones with 2.25 inches of lift. what happens if i dont replace the brake lines? and would it be possible to install myself?
I would like to know also
Old 03-01-2011, 06:47 PM   #14

Yea, you can install yourself. You don't have to replace ALL your brake lines. Just the back one. It's nothing to it.
Old 03-02-2011, 10:46 AM   #16
Roll Tide!
travis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
travis9287's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to travis9287
Sick! Where did you purchase the 5100s?
Old 03-02-2011, 08:27 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainz277 View Post
how are the eibach coils riding? I'm looking to have the same setup
The were a little stiff at first but have gotten smoother. Rides real good on the street. I haven't tested them off road yet.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:28 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis9287 View Post
Sick! Where did you purchase the 5100s?
I got the 5100s and 5125s from Down South Motorsports
Old 04-05-2011, 11:14 PM   #19
lpless1 is on a distinguished road
lpless1's Tacoma Gallery
What size are your mud terrains? I am going to put a 6" lift on my Tacoma and am debating between mud terrains and all terrains.
Old 04-06-2011, 07:05 AM   #20
tacomazach has a spectacular aura abouttacomazach has a spectacular aura about

Name: Zach
tacomazach's Tacoma Gallery
Hey man did you get the regular 3" all pro leafs? or the expedition leafs? if they're the regular, how well do they hold up to a lot of weight? does it squat a bunch?