Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Tim's Build 2001 DC

Old 02-28-2011, 01:44 PM   #1
ttran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant future

Name: Tim
ttran's Tacoma Gallery
Talking Tim's Build 2001 DC

Bought this 2001 DC TRD OR Tacoma in January and here's what I've added since then.

EDIT*
Current Picture

Stock.

Came with a bare metal bed (previous owner lost drop in bed liner) so I spent a weekend herculining it. Pictures in the link below.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...bed-today.html

Rear leafs were sagging beyond repaid so decided to go with a new suspension set up.
- Eibach/Toytec Front Springs
- Bilstein 5100's All around
- OME Dakar Leaf Packs in the rear

Stock wheels weren't cutting it for me so I went with some Granite Alloy GA9's in 15x10. And paired those with some 33x12.5x15 Duratracs.

How she sits now

Done alot of stuff to her lately and finally got a chance to get some pics up!

Got rid of my Duratracs and Granite Alloy GA9's, Replaced them with some BFG A/T's paired with MB Razors in 15x8. Mounted my Cb radio where the ashtray use to be and installed my PA speaker. Did a ghetto homemade mesh grill that turned out much better than I expect! Also made some mounts for my hella's and installed them behind my grill. Also took off all the emblems. Pics below!

07/07/11

10/20/11
Traded my old wheel/tire setup for Mickey Thompson bullet hole wheels and 33x12.5x15 General Red Letters.
Also got 2nd Gen Trail Gear Rock sliders. Since they're for the 2nd gen, it looks like they stick out a bit farther, but they're about flush with my tires so I actually like the look.

11/5/11
Painted wheels black.

11/21/11

12/6/11
Mounted my Hi-Lift Jack and Lights onto the bedrack.

1/1/12
Added an ARB front bumper along with a mile marker 8k winch and hella 500ff's

2/12/12
Picked up a Leer 100XQ camper shell in white from a local member and bedlined it black.

Any input/feedback/advice greatly appreciated!
Old 02-28-2011, 01:47 PM   #2
"Change is inevitable, but growth is optional."
tacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
tacomarotto's Tacoma Gallery
ooooooooooo yea now thats a nice tacoma right there.

perfection
Old 02-28-2011, 02:11 PM   #3
Tacoma 4 Life.
chaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chase
chaz834's Tacoma Gallery
Sick pickup looks great how do you like the Bilstein 5100's.
Old 02-28-2011, 02:15 PM   #4
ttran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant future

ttran's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks, I love them so far, ride quality so much better than stock. First time I had my friend install them and he installed them without the bushings so they were extremely rough and noisy. I just reassembled it again today with the bushings and those bushings make a heck of a difference
Old 02-28-2011, 02:25 PM   #5
Tacoma 4 Life.
chaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chaz834's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttran View Post
Thanks, I love them so far, ride quality so much better than stock. First time I had my friend install them and he installed them without the bushings so they were extremely rough and noisy. I just reassembled it again today with the bushings and those bushings make a heck of a difference
That's good I'm going to get some for mine soon hopefully. Allot of people say they like them so cool stuff.
Old 02-28-2011, 02:30 PM   #6

ttran's Tacoma Gallery
I love this set up so far, you won't regret it! Can't decide on what to get next haha
Old 02-28-2011, 02:48 PM   #7
Tacoma 4 Life.

chaz834's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I love this set up so far, you won't regret it! Can't decide on what to get next haha
Haha I'm the same way I'll see one thing I want then I'll see something else and it goes on and on. Just so many things you can do to these pickups.
Old 02-28-2011, 03:54 PM   #8
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Shit man looks good
Old 03-05-2011, 06:18 PM   #9
Phuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
Phuket's Tacoma Gallery
could u post a pic of your CV angles? and did u put in a diff drop?
Old 03-05-2011, 06:36 PM   #10

ttran's Tacoma Gallery
I can get a pic tomorrow, and yes I did install a differential drop kit. The difference was quite noticeable
Old 03-06-2011, 09:21 AM   #11
Can you skin Grizz, pilgram?
tacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
tacomakid96's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck bud! I love the green with the black rims, my diff drop made a huge difference to.
Old 03-06-2011, 02:51 PM   #12

ttran's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phuket View Post
could u post a pic of your CV angles? and did u put in a diff drop?
As promised...

Old 03-07-2011, 08:36 AM   #13
Redbandit is on a distinguished road

Name: Jacob
Redbandit's Tacoma Gallery
Loooks Great!! Well done!! where did you pick upp the ome leafs?
Old 03-07-2011, 11:44 AM   #14

ttran's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks! Got my leafs off of wheelersoffroad
Old 03-07-2011, 01:54 PM   #15
BBJ285 is on a distinguished road

Firefighter: Volunteer
Name: John
BBJ285's Tacoma Gallery
NICE!!!
Old 03-08-2011, 12:51 PM   #17

ttran's Tacoma Gallery
What should I do next guys? Can't decide haha
Old 03-08-2011, 12:54 PM   #18
Tacoma 4 Life.

chaz834's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
What should I do next guys? Can't decide haha
Do the fog light mod I just did it and it looks sick...
Old 03-08-2011, 01:16 PM   #19

ttran's Tacoma Gallery
I read through it and am confused about the resistor part lol. Can you clarify that for me? I don't want super fast blinkers
Old 03-08-2011, 01:21 PM   #20
Tacoma 4 Life.

chaz834's Tacoma Gallery
You have to have an LED resistor to eliminate the hyper blink. Or get the 921 bulb which other people claim it will fix the hyper blink with out the LED resistor.