Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

bbm32 2002 4x4 build

Old 03-17-2011, 09:48 PM   #1
Honey badger hits whatever tree he wants to hit!!
Honey badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 99 Zulu
Name: Bon
Honey badger's Tacoma Gallery
bbm32 2002 4x4 build

So I have had my truck for a few years now and have done a good bit of mods to it. I figured it is time to do a build thread so here it goes.

Here is a list of mods:

Engine/Drivtrain
3.4L V6
Stock gearing open diffs
Auto trans
Doug Thorley headers
FM super 44

Suspension:
King coilovers
Camburg UCA's
diff drop(removed)
AAL with Bilstien 5100's
Also has a 3 inch body lift that was on the truck.
Plans are to take it off.

Wheels/tires:
285/75/16R Mickey Thompson MTZ's
16x9 Moto Metal 951's black

Armor/protection:
Skid row front skid plate

Interior:
JVC head unit
JL audio 300 watt amp
JL 10in sub in a ported box
Huskey floor liners
Superhide seat covers front only
Scan guage II

Exterior:
ARE camper top

Lighting:
Smoked LED 3rd and tail lights
Clear corners
Light force 170's (not yet on)

Recovery gear:
Tow straps and chains

This is back in September of 08 when I got her on my two weeks R&R from Iraq.

Once I returned home in 09 I knew I wanted some wheels and tires these came a year later in March of 2010

This is how she sat for a while with the 3 inch body lift which was on when I got the truck and a crapy spacer lift also 5% tint on the windows

So the year went on and I wanted a better suspension. I had thought about an OME for a long time but then settled for these

A few days later they were all ready to test.

Love them but something just was not there it still was not what I wanted. Oh yea I had done nothing with the rear so I got these.

Ahhh much better.

So yea I jumped on one of these group buys and got this.

Great product and will go well with what is next on the to do list.

Action shot more to come. Thanks that is it for now enjoy.
Old 03-17-2011, 10:07 PM   #3
Honey badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thanks man I need to get some good pics of them and add them to the build.
Old 03-17-2011, 10:18 PM   #4
Tacoma 4 Life.
chaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chase
chaz834's Tacoma Gallery
Nice pickup man! How do you like the King shocks up front with the Bilsteins in the back?
Old 03-17-2011, 10:22 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaz834 View Post
Nice pickup man! How do you like the King shocks up front with the Bilsteins in the back?
Thanks man, the Kings are awsome and to my surprise the Bilsteins did soften things up a lot out back. When I first put the Kings on I still had the Shyjackers from the previous lift and it was rough you could tell a big difference from front to rear. Once the billys were in place the ride was so much better on and off road.
Old 03-17-2011, 10:36 PM   #6
Tacoma 4 Life.
chaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chaz834's Tacoma Gallery
That's cool I'm looking to get a new setup and wasn't sure which way to go. I for sure want the bilsteins in the back. Where did you get your Kings?
Old 03-17-2011, 10:40 PM   #7

I got the Kings and Billys from Down South Motorsports. They give great deals. It's really all about how much you want to spend the billys are great for now but I do want Kings out back one day.
Old 03-17-2011, 10:47 PM   #8
Tacoma 4 Life.

chaz834's Tacoma Gallery
For sure I like to spend allot of money to get something I want and the Kings are good so that might be the way I will go..
Old 03-17-2011, 10:50 PM   #9

Oh yea if you have no problems spending money a good coilover like King is a good choice IMO. Like I said so far I love them
Old 03-18-2011, 05:07 PM   #10

So yesterday I plasti dipped my rear bumper. What do you guys think?

Ran into a few issues but still looks good IMO.

Old 03-18-2011, 09:11 PM   #12

Yea I think so too thanks. The chrome was to much for me I really like the color matched trucks. The front bumper and grill are next.
Old 03-19-2011, 01:41 PM   #13
Bash Fabriction & Off-Road
01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
01Tac0ma's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great man, i will have to do some plasti dipping on my bumpers soon!
Old 03-19-2011, 02:58 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Tac0ma View Post
Looks great man, i will have to do some plasti dipping on my bumpers soon!
I have been wanting to do it but was a little scared it wouldn't look ok. Now that I have done it and seen that it was super easy and I am very satisfied of the results I want to plasti everything.
Old 03-19-2011, 04:06 PM   #15

Here are some more pics some of the LED lights and interior.

Here are the lights. 3rd brake, tails, then clear corners.

Floor liners, radio, then seat covers

Spline drive lug nuts

Flowmaster super 44
Old 03-19-2011, 10:05 PM   #16
Tommy Tacoma is on a distinguished road

Name: Mitch
Tommy Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
How difficult was it to change out your 3rd brake light and tail lights? I heard you have to take off the headliner to install the 3rd brake light?
Old 03-19-2011, 10:10 PM   #17

No not at all you just pop it out. I had to pry mine out a bit but other than that pretty easy to do. The tails just un screw them take them out put new ones in.
Old 03-20-2011, 03:46 PM   #18
Bash Fabriction & Off-Road
01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
01Tac0ma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbm32 View Post
I have been wanting to do it but was a little scared it wouldn't look ok. Now that I have done it and seen that it was super easy and I am very satisfied of the results I want to plasti everything.
Awesome i will have to pick a can up and try it out on my 2nd gen emblems, glad to know it wasnt difficult!
Old 03-20-2011, 03:54 PM   #19
t0mills is just really nicet0mills is just really nicet0mills is just really nicet0mills is just really nicet0mills is just really nice
t0mills's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck. Best year and body style (DC) for the Tacoma!

Of course....I'm not bias or anything.
Old 03-20-2011, 03:56 PM   #20
Sigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to behold
Name: Sigi
Sigi's Tacoma Gallery
looks good..