Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

TacomaJack09 Build ( The Black & Tan )

Old 03-22-2011, 11:13 AM   #1
TacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jackson
TacomaJack09's Tacoma Gallery
TacomaJack09 Build ( The Black & Tan )

Finally got around to starting a build thread...

This is a "wannabe" overland build on a very small budget.

Mods so far:
Bilstein 5100's Front & Back Front
Alcan 5-Leaf Pack ( Wheeler's )
Flo Pro Max exhaust, from the headers on back.
American Racing Steel Rims
Bushwacker Fender Flares
K&N Drop in Filter
Deck-Plate Mod
U-Haul Towing Package
Leer cap with Yakima Roof Rack
Kenwood Stereo
Boss Bass 600

Future Mods:
AAL
Elite Offroad bumpers Front & Back
Sleeping Platform
Line-X bed and Rocker Panels
Can-Back or A.R.E. with Win-Doors
Bucket Seats
Coverkings
OME 882
Rear Diff. Mod
HID Conversion kit
Many many more

Most recent pics... Still a lil dated at this point.

Stereo Setup, the Boss Bass does a great job!:

Pics when I first installed the leaf pack:

Truck when I first purchased it, didn't include the cap or mud.

Random Pics taken through my adventures:

Cabrewing!!!

This was at my cousins graduation. Her buddy wanted to go wheeling, so I took him on some trails at my grandparents. Carb got soaked, and died in the middle of the woods. He tried to start it for so long the battery died. So, I kept my truck running and threw my battery in his jeep, needless to say that was a fun wheeling experience.

Right after I painted the grill, hasn't been that clean since.

Creek crossing to get to the spot shown in the pic below.

This was on my road trip to Savannah, Ga. Threw a pop up camper mattress in the back, all my camping gear, my wedding clothes for my cousins wed, and headed down south! Best trip ever, slept at a few rest areas, stopped and camped in the Great Smoky Mtn. National Forest.

Old 03-22-2011, 03:57 PM   #2
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Hey, the truck looks good! Black and tan is ussally a good combo, what size Bfgs are those?
Old 03-23-2011, 05:34 AM   #3
TacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacountryboy-IXI View Post
Hey, the truck looks good! Black and tan is ussally a good combo, what size Bfgs are those?

Thanks! They are 31 x 10.5 x 15

I've followed your build, you have a nice ass truck too!
Old 03-23-2011, 05:28 PM   #4
4wd tacoma
trd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
trd7's Tacoma Gallery
nice truck
Old 03-29-2011, 06:20 PM   #5
YellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

YellowDog01's Tacoma Gallery
Nice build man, I love the look.
I've got the deckplate mod on my Double Cab(Had the v6, so I got the 4" deckplate), but the new truck I got is a 4cy. Did you use a 3" Deckplate for it?
Old 03-30-2011, 05:50 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowDog01 View Post
Nice build man, I love the look.
I've got the deckplate mod on my Double Cab(Had the v6, so I got the 4" deckplate), but the new truck I got is a 4cy. Did you use a 3" Deckplate for it?
Thanks man! She's a work in progress!

I think I used the 4" deck plate too, I'll double check that on my lunch break and get back to you. I used the biggest one possible, I know that.
Old 03-30-2011, 05:58 AM   #7
Psalm 109:8
BryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BryWi's Tacoma Gallery
Nice 1st gen, Jack.

Sheet. I thought your truck would be painted Big Blue and White...
Old 04-05-2011, 03:06 PM   #8
Bash Fabriction & Off-Road
01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
01Tac0ma's Tacoma Gallery
Nice lookin rig! Ive always like the SC trucks w/ 3" lift!
Old 04-06-2011, 05:53 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaJack09 View Post
Thanks man! She's a work in progress!

I think I used the 4" deck plate too, I'll double check that on my lunch break and get back to you. I used the biggest one possible, I know that.
Just re-checked and I did use the 4" deck plate, hope this helps you out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryWi View Post
Nice 1st gen, Jack.

Sheet. I thought your truck would be painted Big Blue and White...
Haha thanks man! Too bad they didn't go all the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Tac0ma View Post
Nice lookin rig! Ive always like the SC trucks w/ 3" lift!

Thanks, it still has a lot of work I'd like to do. I think my next mission is to get the cap water tight, and build a bed platform for my camping trips this summer/fall. Also, I need to figure out how to hook up my HID's!! They've been sitting for months now.
Old 04-19-2011, 12:17 PM   #10
01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Thanks, it still has a lot of work I'd like to do. I think my next mission is to get the cap water tight, and build a bed platform for my camping trips this summer/fall. Also, I need to figure out how to hook up my HID's!! They've been sitting for months now.

I still need to order some HID's, hurry up and get yours on so i can see them What temperature are yours?
Old 04-22-2011, 06:18 PM   #11
Confusion
Denim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud of

Name: Erick
Denim Dan's Tacoma Gallery
hey jack how much clearance do you get with the 5100's?
Old 07-20-2011, 06:47 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denim Dan View Post
hey jack how much clearance do you get with the 5100's?

Hey sorry for the late reply, just saw this. After installing the 5100's, and leaf pack I received about 2" of lift overall. With the Cap on I would say 1.8" of lift in the rear. It has a bro stance with the cap on unfortunately, I'm looking to fix that with either lift shackles or an AAL. Need to purchase extended brake lines first.
Old 07-20-2011, 06:55 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Tac0ma View Post
I still need to order some HID's, hurry up and get yours on so i can see them What temperature are yours?

haha good question, I completely forget! I think the 6000k tho, I wanted to get the closest to pure white.

Did you install yours yet?? I'm waiting on a good write up!!
Old 07-20-2011, 07:37 AM   #14

Did some Truck Camping the other day. Got to test out some new camp gear.

Old 07-20-2011, 09:53 AM   #15
Confusion
Denim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud of

Quote:
Hey sorry for the late reply, just saw this. After installing the 5100's, and leaf pack I received about 2" of lift overall. With the Cap on I would say 1.8" of lift in the rear. It has a bro stance with the cap on unfortunately, I'm looking to fix that with either lift shackles or an AAL. Need to purchase extended brake lines first.
Sweet so you just got the 5100's and no coils in the front?
Quote:
haha good question, I completely forget! I think the 6000k tho, I wanted to get the closest to pure white.

Did you install yours yet?? I'm waiting on a good write up!!
How do you have HID's? I thought the light for the 95-97 taco was a complete piece. Can you put up pics I don't like the whole stock one piece light I wanted to put some where you can switch out the bulbs. Sorry don't know if I made any sense I'm writing this from my phone at work lol.
Old 07-20-2011, 10:15 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denim Dan View Post
Sweet so you just got the 5100's and no coils in the front?

How do you have HID's? I thought the light for the 95-97 taco was a complete piece. Can you put up pics I don't like the whole stock one piece light I wanted to put some where you can switch out the bulbs. Sorry don't know if I made any sense I'm writing this from my phone at work lol.

Yup still running the stock coils, just have my Billies on the middle setting.

I haven't installed my HID's yet, still looking for a good write up. I found them on ebay, I will post a link to a few where the bulbs are interchangeable. Just look for a headlight that is 7 x 6 and you are good to go. I'm the same way the one piece light is no good.

Here are the ones I ordered if I recall correctly (first link):
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/7X6-H...Q5fAccessories

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/7x6-H...Q5fAccessories

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HID-7...Q5fAccessories
Old 07-20-2011, 08:29 PM   #17
Confusion

Quote:
Yup still running the stock coils, just have my Billies on the middle setting.

I haven't installed my HID's yet, still looking for a good write up. I found them on ebay, I will post a link to a few where the bulbs are interchangeable. Just look for a headlight that is 7 x 6 and you are good to go. I'm the same way the one piece light is no good.

Here are the ones I ordered if I recall correctly (first link):
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/7X6-H...Q5fAccessories

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/7x6-H...Q5fAccessories

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HID-7...Q5fAccessories
Thanks I've asked questions before And Been trying to find lights like this for a while and no luck till now thanks jack. By the way awesome truck man yours is a 97 right
Old 09-20-2011, 01:06 PM   #18

Its been awhile so I figured I'd post my most recent trip to WV.

Truck being loaded down with camping, and kayaking gear.

On the way to WV from Ohio. My cousins dog had his head out the window the whole time haha

Finally out on the water, here I am hitting a class III on the Upper New River.

Downtime...

Rigged up a cloths line to hang wet gear...

WV backroad... At first we didn't think it was a road but the map and road sign re-assured us. Love WV!!

And I'll leave you with this...

Old 09-20-2011, 01:17 PM   #19

Nice man..i want to go raftin one day!
Old 09-20-2011, 01:18 PM   #20
MAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MAXTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like the trip was a lot of fun... Great pictures...