Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

2003 Taco lift results

Old 03-24-2011, 07:06 PM   #1
K25 is on a distinguished road
K25's Tacoma Gallery
2003 Taco lift results

I have finally finished installing my suspension. It took forever to get time and some help but it's done now thankfully. Let me know what you guys think. Sorry about the new pics, phones don't take that good of pics obviously plus I haven't washed my truck in a while.

debadged
goodyear wranglers
pacers
wheelers black center cap and lugs
1/4 spacers (going to upgrade to spidertrax when I get more $)
rough country's all the way around
881's with 10mm lift enhancer up front
drakar 2.25 leaf pack
stainless extended brake hose
diff drop kit
exhaust hanger relocation bracket
longer U-bolts

I still have to install the steering rack bushing kit and the anti sway kit. I'll be painting the emblem and chrome piece surround the grill, black of course. After that I'm thinking about getting some rhino-liner on the bumpers.
Attached Thumbnails
2003 Taco lift results-040.jpg   2003 Taco lift results-041.jpg   2003 Taco lift results-imag0086.jpg   2003 Taco lift results-imag0087.jpg   2003 Taco lift results-imag0088.jpg  

Old 03-24-2011, 07:08 PM   #2
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great!!
Old 03-24-2011, 07:08 PM   #3
K25's Tacoma Gallery
Oh yeah, got everything from wheeler's off road. They were great and more specifically Dan was spot on when it came to the lift height and rake estimates. I can't say enough about him and the rest of the people at wheeler.
Old 03-24-2011, 07:14 PM   #4
Can you skin Grizz, pilgram?
tacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
tacomakid96's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet truck man, where abouts washington are you?
Old 03-24-2011, 08:54 PM   #6
Honey badger hits whatever tree he wants to hit!!
Honey badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 99 Zulu
Name: Bon
Honey badger's Tacoma Gallery
Damn dude that looks really good. I love the all black.
Old 03-25-2011, 12:15 AM   #7
K25's Tacoma Gallery
thanks for the comments, I'm mighty proud of my taco.

I'm not really in WA any more. Moving within the week... good times.
Old 03-25-2011, 09:30 AM   #8
woodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shed
woodygg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by K25 View Post
I have finally finished installing my suspension. It took forever to get time and some help but it's done now thankfully. Let me know what you guys think. Sorry about the new pics, phones don't take that good of pics obviously plus I haven't washed my truck in a while.

debadged
goodyear wranglers
pacers
wheelers black center cap and lugs
1/4 spacers (going to upgrade to spidertrax when I get more $)
rough country's all the way around
881's with 10mm lift enhancer up front
drakar 2.25 leaf pack
stainless extended brake hose
diff drop kit
exhaust hanger relocation bracket
longer U-bolts

I still have to install the steering rack bushing kit and the anti sway kit. I'll be painting the emblem and chrome piece surround the grill, black of course. After that I'm thinking about getting some rhino-liner on the bumpers.
what size tires are those?
Old 03-25-2011, 09:39 AM   #9
Honey badger hits whatever tree he wants to hit!!
Honey badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 99 Zulu
Name: Bon
Honey badger's Tacoma Gallery
About how much lift did you get up front?
Old 03-25-2011, 11:20 AM   #10
K25's Tacoma Gallery
The tires are 265/75/16, got them at walmart installed and everything for $800 out the door. You can't tell from the pics of course but before the lift it was a pretty tight fit. The tires took up most of the front wheel well and rubbed everytime I had to make a tight turn. They rubbed on the frame and on the bolts holding on the mud flaps.

Since installing the lift I have over 2in up front and I think close to 2.5 in the back (I prefer a little rake). I didn't measure before and after so I don't have the exact gains. I was just happy to not feel like my truck was swishing back and forth everytime I took a turn, and of course I now can take a turn with out it turning into at least a 3 point turn.