Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

The Wildcat build

Old 04-01-2011, 07:23 PM   #1
Phuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
Phuket's Tacoma Gallery
The Wildcat build

Well here it is My truck is a black 2003 TRD SR5 4x4 DC. It has a 3" Eibach/Toytec coil spring with bilstein 5100's all around and a 2" AAL in the rear. Toyo open country A/T 285/75/16 wrapped around some Moto Metal 951's. I'm the original owner and it runs just as good as the day i got her! I have a Kenwood DNX7100 installed with Navigation

How she sits Now

Some wheeling pics 10/22/11

baby flex

I have a Salt Life sticker on the rear window

Kenwood DNX7100

This is the lift kit when i got it in the mail

Got the kit on

front and rear suspension

CV shot

Before

After

My measurements before lift= LF:34.5 RF:34 5/8 LR:35 1/4 RR: 35 1/4
After lift: LF: 38 RF: 38 1/4 LR: 37 3/4 RR: 37 3/4

Got new tires and wheels!

Got my TW sticker!

Thanks TCbob

Future Mods:
Subs
exhaust: Flowmaster super 44
Hope you like it so far
Old 04-01-2011, 08:40 PM   #2
tacomazach has a spectacular aura abouttacomazach has a spectacular aura about

Name: Zach
tacomazach's Tacoma Gallery
Man that is a gorgeous truck. how do you like that ride quality when you put the new suspension in?
Old 04-01-2011, 08:44 PM   #3
04trd4x4AL is a splendid one to behold04trd4x4AL is a splendid one to behold04trd4x4AL is a splendid one to behold04trd4x4AL is a splendid one to behold04trd4x4AL is a splendid one to behold04trd4x4AL is a splendid one to behold04trd4x4AL is a splendid one to behold04trd4x4AL is a splendid one to behold

Name: Daniel
04trd4x4AL's Tacoma Gallery
Man I seen this build and got all pumped up to see it. I was let down once I read you havent gotten the lift on. Just kidding, I got some good news though. I am beginning the purchasing of my lift. I am gonna start buying stuff one at at time.
Old 04-01-2011, 08:52 PM   #4
Phuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Phuket's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04trd4x4AL View Post
Man I seen this build and got all pumped up to see it. I was let down once I read you havent gotten the lift on. Just kidding, I got some good news though. I am beginning the purchasing of my lift. I am gonna start buying stuff one at at time.
I'm getting the lift on tomorrow
Old 04-01-2011, 09:01 PM   #5
04trd4x4AL is a splendid one to behold04trd4x4AL is a splendid one to behold04trd4x4AL is a splendid one to behold04trd4x4AL is a splendid one to behold04trd4x4AL is a splendid one to behold04trd4x4AL is a splendid one to behold04trd4x4AL is a splendid one to behold04trd4x4AL is a splendid one to behold

Did you end up getting a diff drop? Also where did you get your AAL
Old 04-02-2011, 06:09 PM   #7

Phuket's Tacoma Gallery
I love the ride of the suspension its awesome! way better than my sagging stock!

Quote:
Did you end up getting a diff drop? Also where did you get your AAL
I didnt get a diff drop, probly wont need one for a little bit. I got my AAL from Toytec

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaz834 View Post
Looks good!
Thanks man
Old 04-02-2011, 06:56 PM   #8

Nice fixing to start ordering now. I think I may go with the 2" aal since I seen your measurements. And plus I haul a bout and trailer alot so I don't wanna be sagging when I pull it.
Old 04-02-2011, 07:19 PM   #9

Phuket's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Nice fixing to start ordering now. I think I may go with the 2" aal since I seen your measurements. And plus I haul a bout and trailer alot so I don't wanna be sagging when I pull it.
I got a 2" AAL lol
Old 04-02-2011, 07:29 PM   #10

oh well dang, um what to do now I guess say screw it and do it anyways.
Old 04-02-2011, 07:36 PM   #11

Phuket's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
oh well dang, um what to do now I guess say screw it and do it anyways.
haha well you can buy a new leaf pack, but those run you 400- 800 bucks I cant notice any bro lean and my leaf springs re arched when i installed the AAL
Old 04-02-2011, 08:28 PM   #12

Hey I just noticed something, why do you have one side de-badged and not the other? Just curious
Old 04-02-2011, 09:06 PM   #13

Phuket's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hey I just noticed something, why do you have one side de-badged and not the other? Just curious
i've never had any badges on the drivers side
Old 04-03-2011, 02:58 PM   #14
tacomazach has a spectacular aura abouttacomazach has a spectacular aura about

Name: Zach
tacomazach's Tacoma Gallery
the driver side must have been repainted at some point in time.
Old 04-03-2011, 03:04 PM   #15

Phuket's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomazach View Post
the driver side must have been repainted at some point in time.
nope, its never been repainted. i'm the original owner and theres never been a badge there. but i do plan on debadging the the whole truck and painting her matte black
Old 04-06-2011, 06:46 AM   #16
Banned
jjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jesse
jjw1's Tacoma Gallery
I think your rear billies are upside down
Old 04-06-2011, 09:24 AM   #18
DblCabMN is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblCabMN is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblCabMN is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblCabMN is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblCabMN is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblCabMN is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblCabMN is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblCabMN is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblCabMN is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblCabMN is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblCabMN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DblCabMN's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck, mine's nearly the same!

Lil - My billy kit is on the way, been reading a lot about how on many first gens the rear's are meant to be shaft-down as the reverse of that causes the shock body to rub the leaf/may not even be able to install. If memory serves, this isn't an issue on second gens, and the shock itself will still function normally.

*edit and there's also debate about the benefits of shaft down as while yes it will see more road debris, the shaft is stronger then the body so having the body higher up, away from rocks etc. helps keep it clear of dents and dings. Also, debris will have a tougher time sticking to the seal area due to our friend gravity.
Old 04-06-2011, 06:13 PM   #19

Phuket's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks i appreciate the comments. and i asked a buddy of mine who used to own a lift installation shop and he told me rears go shaft down body up(but then again he went out of business). I met a killer dent remover and hes gonna remove all the dents in my truck!!
Old 04-06-2011, 07:40 PM   #20
Banned
jjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jesse
jjw1's Tacoma Gallery
OP, you do know that many accidents happen in dealer lots every day. There is a certain money amount that is set to where if it doesnt exceed that amount it is never put on history and the dealers are usually hush hush about it.

Also, I forgot that the 1st gens had the difference with the rear billes. Oh well mine are boot up but thats just me. I've always though that the boot goes up and thats for any make. My dad's F150 is the same and so is my bro but thats also Ford so IDK

Anyways, Nice Truck. GET TIRES!!!!