Notices

01GREENTACO build

Old 12-07-2012, 05:16 PM   #41
scalfee90 is on a distinguished road

Name: Shane
scalfee90's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01GREENTACO View Post
Single cabs look dumb without a shell to me. I've gone through phases with and without, I definitely like the with a shell look.

I see you're from Sylacauga too. Don't think I ever saw your truck there.
Yeah Im in Sylacauga. I used to work in Talladega and rode in the national forest a lot so I wasn't in town a much! Now I'm in need of a new clutch lol
Old 12-08-2012, 08:46 AM   #42
Not all who wander are lost
01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

01GREENTACO's Tacoma Gallery
I was doing an internship at FarmLinks. I never had time to make it over to the national forest but I wanted to wheel over there so bad. I assume most of your pictures were taken there? Looks like it lives up to its reputation.

A few guys from work said there was a huge mud bog there once a month but I never got a chance to see that either.
Old 12-08-2012, 10:41 PM   #43
My other truck is a Warthog
VlineSci09 is a name known to allVlineSci09 is a name known to allVlineSci09 is a name known to allVlineSci09 is a name known to allVlineSci09 is a name known to allVlineSci09 is a name known to all

VlineSci09's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Green, I like the build. The truck has had a few different looks in its life. My good buddy had a 1996 and 2000 single cab 4x4, both 5 speeds. He put on some seriouls miles on the 00 but that thing always got us where we wanted to go and back. Now hes workin on an 04 x cab...
Anyways I noticed ur bumper.

and how it showed some damage like mine!

I dominated a turkey and was pissed about 1 second after I did it, terrible!

anyways, sweet truck
Old 12-09-2012, 06:32 AM   #44
01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I wish I knew how that dent got there, it was there when I bought it from the PO. I love my little 5speed 4WD. I have only been stuck once but that was because I was being really dumb.
Old 12-26-2012, 08:14 PM   #45

I got a locker out of a donor truck (thanks dtmccray) and swapped rear ends last weekend. Wiring it up was a pain because I didn't have the wiring harness but thanks to a fellow TW member (TacoSkeet) he wired it up and now I have a locker!

Purchased a Hi-Lift off craigslist too for $50 and made a new box to house it.

Christmas time. (pic old but you got to have holiday spirit!

Five lugger at Lowes...

My truck and TacoSkeet's last weekend. Had a mod day and this was at the end of it.

Installed a 2.5" spacer lift on the front a while back and then bought some 1.5" greasable daystar shackles off TW member (limitless)

I will update tomorrow with pictures of new camper boxes, camper lights, new 55 watt HID spot lights, Hi-Lift mount and jack itself, relocation of my trailer hitch, new tires, bucket seats swap, locker instal, greaseable shackles, and even an update on the M416 trailer I've been working on.
Old 12-26-2012, 08:39 PM   #46
'MERICA
TacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: PO2
Name: Steven
TacoSkeet's Tacoma Gallery
Looks sick! I love our weekly mod days. they will never stop haha
Old 12-28-2012, 11:13 AM   #47

The remaining pictures from the recent updates to my build.

Daystar 1.5" greaseable shackles installed:

Gap guards and new 265/75/15 Mastercraft Courser A/T 2's

Gap guards and 2.5" spacer lift to equal out the lift from the shackles

Latest update to the camper section of my truck. 12v outlets in the rear able to be turned on or off. Contura switches to power the LED lights mounted to the roof of the camper top.

All the new switches and 12v outlets were housed in a box I made to match the one i made last year. Instead of housing tow ropes, spare parts, locks, gloves, jack and other tools, the new box keeps my new Hi-Lift secure and out of the elements.

New LEDs mounted. At night, these things are super bright and light up the entire camper with only 4.

My favorite mod to date, a factory TRD locker out of a donor truck (thanks dtmccray)

Old 01-11-2013, 09:59 AM   #48
03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
03tacoman's Tacoma Gallery
Do you have any info to help me do the fog light mod ?
Old 01-12-2013, 08:04 PM   #49
'MERICA
TacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03tacoman View Post
Michael doesnt have internet until tomorrow night. I'm sure he will help you out then!
Old 01-13-2013, 07:34 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03tacoman View Post

Follow this guys write up. It was done long after I did my conversion but it's essentially the same thing. If you have any specific questions, ask away.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...light-mod.html
Old 01-28-2013, 03:57 PM   #51

Got some new (to me) rims and tires and the rest of the fender flares I got from fellow TW member (dtmccray)

Purchased some EGR in channel window visors and I love them!

Converted some wally world cheapo lights to 55W HID. These things are so bright now it's unbelievable. (I will post up a night time pic with the out put later)

The other day I decided to break out the ole trailer and snap a few pic of it. It's here in Mississippi with me now, just waiting to get put to use for the LBL meet in March!

Old 01-28-2013, 05:35 PM   #52
Insert witty title here
Seventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Chris
Seventh's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Seventh
Fantastic looking truck man, very nicely done. As a guy with a bed full of random crap and no storage, I am all sorts of jealous of your camper setup!
Old 01-28-2013, 05:51 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seventh View Post
Fantastic looking truck man, very nicely done. As a guy with a bed full of random crap and no storage, I am all sorts of jealous of your camper setup!

Thanks! I went through one camper and immediately after selling it, I regretted it. Luckily I got the new one and it is far better than my previous. Much more suited for camping and such. As I'm sure you know, every bit of extra storage helps with a reg cab!
Old 01-28-2013, 05:58 PM   #54
BLKN SRDC is on a distinguished road
BLKN SRDC's Tacoma Gallery
AWESOME TRAILER where can a guy get one?
Old 01-28-2013, 06:41 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKN SRDC View Post
AWESOME TRAILER where can a guy get one?

The best advice I can give you on picking one up is search Craigslist daily in all areas within a 100 mile area radius. I ended up having to drive about 75 miles to get mine. Fortunately it was in route to school one trip so it wasn't too far out of my way. Good luck!
Old 01-29-2013, 10:17 AM   #56
MMumau is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Airman
Name: Matt
MMumau's Tacoma Gallery
How did you go from bench to bucket seats? I'd like to do something like that, pictures?
Old 01-29-2013, 05:07 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMumau View Post
How did you go from bench to bucket seats? I'd like to do something like that, pictures?
I was searching Craigslist one day and ran across a guy who had totaled his 99 regular cab. Contacted him and he was only about 30 minutes from me. Went to his house, took the seats out of his regular cab, took them home, washed and cleaned them up real good and simply bolted them into the factory mounting holes in my truck. Everything lined up perfectly and I love them. By far one of the best mods I've done to date!

I'll snap some pictures later and post them up.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:38 AM   #58
scalfee90 is on a distinguished road

Name: Shane
scalfee90's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01GREENTACO View Post
I was doing an internship at FarmLinks. I never had time to make it over to the national forest but I wanted to wheel over there so bad. I assume most of your pictures were taken there? Looks like it lives up to its reputation.

A few guys from work said there was a huge mud bog there once a month but I never got a chance to see that either.
It's pretty cool! Me and friends have a lot of pictures out there! I've heard the new thing is the mud bog in Lincoln. Maybe some day we can all do some wheeling out there!
Old 01-31-2013, 07:17 PM   #59

Few shots from yesterday. Found a sweet spot to mall crawl so myself and TacoSkeet went and did a photo shoot..

Old 01-31-2013, 07:19 PM   #60
'MERICA

sorry for the crappy Nikon D3100 pics