Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

01GREENTACO build

Old 03-20-2013, 09:47 PM   #81
Not all who wander are lost
01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

01GREENTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis9287 View Post
I had 4.56s and went to 5.29'. I still have my old 4.56's if you want to make an offer on em. they are used but everything looked good on them when I took them out.
How many miles on them? What was the stock gearing you had? I might be interested in them.
Old 03-20-2013, 10:03 PM   #82
Roll Tide!
travis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
travis9287's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to travis9287
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01GREENTACO View Post
How many miles on them? What was the stock gearing you had? I might be interested in them.
that was my stock ratio. it had about 200k on em. They looked perfect though. Also have a set of 4.88's that are new. Just let me know buddy.
Old 03-20-2013, 10:13 PM   #83
01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis9287 View Post
that was my stock ratio. it had about 200k on em. They looked perfect though. Also have a set of 4.88's that are new. Just let me know buddy.

Yeah, I'll think about it, and let you know. What you looking to get for each set?
Old 03-22-2013, 04:17 PM   #84
Roll Tide!
travis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
travis9287's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to travis9287
Quote:
Yeah, I'll think about it, and let you know. What you looking to get for each set?
man not sure. make an offer. the 4.88's are still new so id ask a bit more for the 4.88's.
Old 03-25-2013, 12:30 PM   #85

Weekend recap:

-Added a relay in my wiring for my PIAAs,
-Redid my interior trim pieces with vinyl paint
-Added an antenna for my radio finally (been about 2 years since I had the last one)
-Cleaned my MAF, throttle body, intake lines, etc...
-Replaced the spark plugs and air filter and did an oil change
-Redid the snorkel head mounting. A little stronger and "theft proof"
-Got a new 48" Hi-Lift and gave my old one to TacoSkeet

Pics to come later.
Old 03-25-2013, 01:45 PM   #86
DC TRD MallRunner
Taco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
Taco Man in HD's Tacoma Gallery
^looks like you were busy!

How does the vinyl paint on your interior look? Is it more flat black or glossy?
I've been considering painting my center console and cupholders, but haven't bought the vinyl paint yet.
Old 03-25-2013, 03:08 PM   #87

I originally plasti-dipped it to see if I like it and I did. After a month or so of having it in there, the plasti-dip started to peel in the areas where cups and drinks frequented so after I peeled it all off, I painted it with Dupli-color fabric and vinyl paint. They had a gloss and flat black option as well as a grey and charcoal. I went with the flat and love it.

I would post some pics but the camera is currently charging. Will post ASAP
Old 03-25-2013, 05:31 PM   #88

New(er to me) Hi-Lift

Added another recovery point to the bumper.

Because of the new shackle mount I had to relocate my license plate to the center of the spare tire. I love it!

And here is my new radio antenna. mounted it to the mirror because my snorkel was int he way of the factory location. Turned out pretty good, took some time but happy with the end result.

And finally the interior. I decided to continue the black from the dash bezel all the way through the center console. Can't complain one bit.

And just a cool pic showing my latest "big" mods (snorkel and swing out tire carrier)

Old 03-27-2013, 07:53 PM   #89

Moar pics.

Old 03-28-2013, 09:46 PM   #90
sbsurfer is on a distinguished road

sbsurfer's Tacoma Gallery
Really cool build and a nice looking truck. I'm new to this forum but just picked up a new to me 2000 reg cab 4x4 (4cyl - 5spd) yesterday. She's in great shape and only has 109k miles. I had to drive 4 hours to get her b/c these sell quick out here in CA. On my way up to get the truck i was checking craigslist for camper shells on my iphone (I have a modded 2005 Tundra with a shell and love it for camping/surfboards/etc) as luck would have it i found a shell off a 96 Taco for $100 in great shape. Bought the Taco and grab the shell 30 minutes later I just order some American Racing black steelies and new BFG AT's. I was stoked to come across your thread and get some great ideas for my new ride.

I keep telling myself i'm not going to mod it too much cause i have dumped some decent coin into my Tundra but I have a feeling the new Taco will definitely get a few mods in the future. Right now i just want to get the black wheels and new tires, black out all the chrome stuff and get a rack for the shell.
Attached Thumbnails
01GREENTACO build-3ea3i63la5ie5n55f7d3j1e22144c2e0c1b0a.jpg   01GREENTACO build-3k43gd3m25l25n55mbd3ja5efac9c6e631d96.jpg   01GREENTACO build-taco1.jpg   01GREENTACO build-taco2.jpg  
Old 03-31-2013, 07:57 AM   #91

WOW! What a find. That thing is in great shape! Love seeing another green regular cab out there. Keep us updated on the progression of the build.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:41 AM   #92

Quick question for ya, what kind of Gap Guards did you install and what brand paint/process did you use to black out the bumper. I want to black out all the chrome on my Taco and was wondering the best way to go about it, thanks.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:45 AM   #93
'MERICA
TacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: PO2
Name: Steven
TacoSkeet's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbsurfer View Post
Quick question for ya, what kind of Gap Guards did you install and what brand paint/process did you use to black out the bumper. I want to black out all the chrome on my Taco and was wondering the best way to go about it, thanks.
I know he used a simple thin rubber mat from Lowes that you purchase by the foot, cut to fit, and then riveted them in. They look great IMO, much better than the big gaps he previously had. As far as painting his bumper, not sure exactly what he did, most likely rustoleum.
Old 04-01-2013, 11:11 AM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoSkeet View Post
I know he used a simple thin rubber mat from Lowes that you purchase by the foot, cut to fit, and then riveted them in. They look great IMO, much better than the big gaps he previously had. As far as painting his bumper, not sure exactly what he did, most likely rustoleum.

Who's thread is this anyway...? JK

He's right. That's the material I bought (I think it was 4 foot) cut it out to the shape I desired, flipped it to mimic the other side and riveted it in. As far the blacking out the bumper, a simple abrasive sanding pad, wash, primer, paint, clear coat. That's all there was to it.
Old 04-01-2013, 11:17 AM   #95
'MERICA
TacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: PO2
Name: Steven
TacoSkeet's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Who's thread is this anyway...? JK

He's right. That's the material I bought (I think it was 4 foot) cut it out to the shape I desired, flipped it to mimic the other side and riveted it in. As far the blacking out the bumper, a simple abrasive sanding pad, wash, primer, paint, clear coat. That's all there was to it.

Old 04-23-2013, 03:56 PM   #96

Thread update:

Added a speaker in the camper to give me a little audio back there.

Finally got around to making the mount for my new Hi-Lift. I love having it tucked behind the tire for security one thing, out of the way as another.

Old 04-23-2013, 04:01 PM   #97

Also redid my reverse lights a few days back. I rewired them and made them turn on via a switch instead of having them come on when I shifted into reverse. This allows them to be much brighter and the "draw" coming from the factory reverse lights is lessened.

Had to add another switch to the mix to allow for my reverse lights and new HID fogs and the third is for the PIAA's on the brush guard. (I eventually plan on adding an overhead console/switch panel this summer and when I do that, I will change all the switches to the Carling switches similar to the ones I used in the camper shell)

And finally, I redid my brush guard and used Duplicolor bedarmour in a can and that stuff is amazing!! Highly recommend it to anyone. The can goes fast so plan accordingly but overall this stuff is AWESOME!

Old 04-23-2013, 04:06 PM   #98

Talked to my neighbor (certified mechanic) about my busted cv boots and he said I'll be alright to ride with them but first thing I do when I get back is giving the truck to him and getting the front regeared and the cv's replaced. Possibly going to have him do all the bushings, coolant flush, and just a good once over. Having just rolled 150,000 miles I feel a good service is needed.
Old 04-24-2013, 07:21 AM   #99
BigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant future

BigOly's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Finally got around to making the mount for my new Hi-Lift. I love having it tucked behind the tire for security one thing, out of the way as another.
I love the placement of your Hi-Lift at an angle behind the wheel, kinda reminds me of a "shield and sword" at the ready before going off to battle ready to kill something! Well done!!
Old 04-24-2013, 10:21 AM   #100

^^^ Yeah I was thinking the same thing...looks f-in awesome man. Great work!