Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Snowman's '04 TRD Build

Old 04-08-2011, 02:47 PM   #1
I have a problem for your solution…
Snowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
Snowman's Tacoma Gallery
Snowman's '04 TRD Build

Specs:

2004 TRD SR5

Drivetrain

2.7L 4cyl
Automatic
4x4

Wheels & Tires

265/75/16 Goodyear Duratrac tires
Aftermarket 16" wheels

Intake & Exhaust

Magnaflow muffler
OME exhaust bracket
4" Deck plate mod

Suspension

OME 881 coils
OME Dakar Leafs
OME greasable shackles & bushings
Bilstein 5100s (front)
Bilstein 5125s (rear) 8.6" & 9.24" travel with 255/70
Toyotec 1/4" top plate spacer to eliminate lean.
Revtek diff drop kit
Moog ball joints
Moog greasable sway bar links

Steering

Wheeler's anti-sway bar bushing kit
Energy steering rack bushing kit

Brakes

Extended stainless braded rear brake line
B.A.M.F BPV bracket

Lighting

Morimoto Mini H1 retrofit
Snobord light bar
Two 100w yellow Powerfist lights
Two 100w clear Powerfist lights

Interior

White LED bulbs in cluster, temperature control, shifter, glove box and ash tray
Alpine X305S head unit
Carling Contura V laser etched rocker switches for fog & driving lights

Exterior

Custom made aluminium back rack
Polished devil horns (Andres)
DeeZee crossover toolbox (black powdercoat model)
Color matched grille and marker lights

Random

Rear differential breather extention

The Story

Well I started off in Sept 2010 with an '04 TRD SR5 4cyl automatic with 82,000mi. This is how it looked on day one:

It had a 2" spacer lift in the front, 1.5" shackle lift in the rear and sitting on 285/75/16s.

First thing I did was the deck plate mod. Cost all of about $10 total and 10 minutes of my time.

The next thing I did was a light bar from Snobord:

Then I got a Deezee toolbox. I had a homemade aluminium back rack that I painted and modified to work with the toolbox.

Then came the good stuff. I got a full suspension set up. I went with Bilstein 5100s up front at the 2nd notch and OME 881 coils. In the rear I went with OME Dakar leafs and Bilstein 5125s. Plus a bunch of other little odds and ends.

Front installed

Rear installed

Along the way I hit a guard rail and smashed the front bumper and lower valence. So I replaced the chrome bumper with a black one and just fastened the signal lights to the bottom of the bumper.

New (to me) tires. BFG A/T KO 285/75/16

March 2012:

Morimoto Mini H1 Retrofit:

The color matched grille and marker lights. Haven't put the light bar back on yet.

Attached Thumbnails
Snowman's '04 TRD Build-37.jpg  
Old 04-08-2011, 07:22 PM   #3
Pingo is a splendid one to beholdPingo is a splendid one to beholdPingo is a splendid one to beholdPingo is a splendid one to beholdPingo is a splendid one to beholdPingo is a splendid one to beholdPingo is a splendid one to behold

Pingo's Tacoma Gallery
Definitely a good lookin truck you got there!
Old 04-09-2011, 03:34 AM   #4
Snowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Snowman's Tacoma Gallery
haha thanks guys. I suppose you two are a bit partial to the 01-04 impulse red Tacos though. haha
Old 04-09-2011, 09:44 AM   #5
4wd tacoma
trd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
trd7's Tacoma Gallery
keep it comin looks good
Old 04-09-2011, 10:07 AM   #6
Pingo is a splendid one to beholdPingo is a splendid one to beholdPingo is a splendid one to beholdPingo is a splendid one to beholdPingo is a splendid one to beholdPingo is a splendid one to beholdPingo is a splendid one to behold

Pingo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
haha thanks guys. I suppose you two are a bit partial to the 01-04 impulse red Tacos though. haha

maaaaybe =p.... I actually wasn't a huge fan of impulse red until I got one. Now it's growing on me more and more everday. Also the more black I add the better it looks it seems.
Old 04-09-2011, 12:10 PM   #7

Snowman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingo View Post
maaaaybe =p.... I actually wasn't a huge fan of impulse red until I got one. Now it's growing on me more and more everday. Also the more black I add the better it looks it seems.
x2. I wasnt a big fan until it was the color I got. Im going to black out the wheels and grille this summer.
Old 04-09-2011, 02:58 PM   #8
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
How high is the front with the 882's and the second notch? Is it a full 3 inches or more?

It looks really good Im sure it rides like a dream.
Old 04-09-2011, 03:03 PM   #9
beartrack is on a distinguished road
beartrack's Tacoma Gallery
She looks great man...nice going
Old 04-09-2011, 03:07 PM   #10
What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz? CHICKEN?
moto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
moto932's Tacoma Gallery
nice work craig. truck's looking great, keep it up
Old 04-09-2011, 05:02 PM   #11

Snowman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacountryboy-IXI View Post
How high is the front with the 882's and the second notch? Is it a full 3 inches or more?

It looks really good Im sure it rides like a dream.
Its 881s on the 2nd notch and its about 3.25-3.5" but it will settle some.
Old 04-09-2011, 05:08 PM   #12
Plastidipped ma Hootus!
kmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kmok's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good man, do you know what brand wheels those are?
Old 04-12-2011, 02:46 PM   #13

Snowman's Tacoma Gallery
Nah, I dont know the brand of the wheels. They were cheap though, $600 for wheels and tires. (so the guy I bought the truck from said)
Old 04-12-2011, 06:15 PM   #14

Snowman's Tacoma Gallery
I also did a white LED mod to my cluster using the cheapest eBay LEDs I could find. I think they turned out great! I normally run them dimmed, but I took pics of both to show the difference.
Dim:

Bright:

Shifter (Dim):

Shifter (Bright):

Glove Box:

Ash Tray:
Old 04-13-2011, 08:24 PM   #15
Bash Fabriction & Off-Road
01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
01Tac0ma's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good! What LED's did you use behind the cluster? Just a standard 194 bulb?
Old 04-13-2011, 10:00 PM   #16

Snowman's Tacoma Gallery
Found the cheapest ones on eBay. Total cost was probably $10 shipped.
194 LEDs behind the gauges:

T4 Neo Wedge behind the temp control. Which didnt really work because the faceplate is painted orange inside. (The middle 10mm ones)

And 74 LEDs for the shifter, ashtray and glovebox.
Attached Thumbnails
Snowman's '04 TRD Build-neo2.jpg   Snowman's '04 TRD Build-p1010137.jpg   Snowman's '04 TRD Build-ek-t5-smd1w-2.jpg  
Old 04-13-2011, 10:27 PM   #18

Snowman's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks!
Old 04-14-2011, 12:09 PM   #19
Bash Fabriction & Off-Road
01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
01Tac0ma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
Found the cheapest ones on eBay. Total cost was probably $10 shipped.
194 LEDs behind the gauges:

T4 Neo Wedge behind the temp control. Which didnt really work because the faceplate is painted orange inside. (The middle 10mm ones)

And 74 LEDs for the shifter, ashtray and glovebox.
Nice, i just wasnt sure if it was basically a normal 194 bulb with LED's or a special 194, Thanks. The white didnt show through the temp control plate? I scraped a good bit of the orange off the back of mine so they look almost white now, so maybe it will be a little brighter.