Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

The beefcake build

Old 04-09-2011, 06:45 PM   #1
J-rob
beefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: J-Rob
beefcake's Tacoma Gallery
The beefcake build

I bought the truck in August of 2009, it had been kind of neglected. I changed the stock plugs and wires on it and everything original from the factory. It did have a supercharger on it, but was taken off long before I bought... once i payed it off in Dec of 2010 i finally started showing it love.
Specs:
1998 Tacoma
Access Cab
4WD, Standard
V6 3.4
When i bought it

How it sits today

Mods:Interior
New Dash lights, superbrightled cool white, ultragauge, gps, cb radio, mounted mag light

Mods: Exterior
2nd gen wheels powdercoated
toolbox
grillecraft grille
tailights
headlight housing and corner lamps
cb radio
spidertrax 1.25 on all 4

Debadged
Rhino lined front and rear bumpers (dechromed)
Fog light mod

Mods: Performance
URD short throw shifter
Deckplate mod
Magnaflow 2 chamber w/ 5 inch dumped exhaust
Rear differential breather mod

Mods: Suspension
Bilstein 5100's on the front
Everything else stock (hoping to change that soon)

Rear: Shitty monroe shocks and had leafs re-arched

Wheels

Toolbox

Grill and new lights, also rhino lined front and rear bumpers

New Tails

Exhaust:

Other pics of snow and Pismo

Future Mods:
Brute force fab front and rear plate bumper
Eibach/Toytec 3in coils (ordered)
AllPro expedition 8 leaf pack (ordered)
Bilstein 5150 rear shocks (ordered)
AllPro skid plate
On board air
Camburg UCA's
Old 04-09-2011, 06:55 PM   #2
Bazinga
ckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ckeeton's Tacoma Gallery
nice build man!
its clean and simple
Old 04-09-2011, 08:05 PM   #3
Victory is reserved...
THExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: GOO5E
THExBUSxDRIVER's Tacoma Gallery
Dude I want this color on my 2nd gen. Im glad to say that I've molested this truck, helped him trim fenders haha
Old 04-09-2011, 10:26 PM   #4
J-rob
beefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by THExBUSxDRIVER View Post
Dude I want this color on my 2nd gen. Im glad to say that I've molested this truck, helped him trim fenders haha
you took advantage of it!
Old 04-10-2011, 04:59 PM   #6
Tacoma 4 Life.
chaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chase
chaz834's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good man! Where did you buy your clear corner lights?
Old 04-10-2011, 05:05 PM   #7
J-rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaz834 View Post
Looks good man! Where did you buy your clear corner lights?
they came with the headlights from ebay, they're clear but have a black housing so they have a smoked look to them
click here for link
Old 04-10-2011, 08:18 PM   #9
Honey badger hits whatever tree he wants to hit!!
Honey badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 99 Zulu
Name: Bon
Honey badger's Tacoma Gallery
Nice build and good looking truck I do like that color a lot! So why did you remove the charger?
Old 04-10-2011, 08:31 PM   #10
ilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gavin
ilovetacos's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to ilovetacos
Nice 1st gen!

What's the color called and is it a factory color?
Old 04-11-2011, 08:42 AM   #11
J-rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbm32 View Post
Nice build and good looking truck I do like that color a lot! So why did you remove the charger?
the previous owner took it off before i bought it he bought it for 3000 and sold a year later for 3600...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetacos View Post
Nice 1st gen!

What's the color called and is it a factory color?
Cool Steel Metallic and yes it is factory, but they only made it for the 1998 year
Old 04-13-2011, 05:40 PM   #12
J-rob

UPDATE: Cb antenna install/relocation

I was re-routing my cb antenna wire today and making a new mount for it. I looked for the a moment and found an area where no drilling is required. I searched and didnt find anything on this so here you go
Ran the antenna wire along the top of the frame and ran the wire up through the stock access to behind taillights
Click for full-size image (1024 x 768)

Had to remove the tailights but that was easy 4 bolts and it's off

then i wriggles the wire through the top of the bed, where the end piece of the bed and the top of the bed meet, there is an opening about a 1/2 inch in diameter,

fnished, a nice clean look, with no drilling required at least no drilling into your truck for the wires
Old 04-13-2011, 08:15 PM   #13
Bash Fabriction & Off-Road
01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
01Tac0ma's Tacoma Gallery
Nice lookin truck, you got any vids of the exhaust?
Old 04-13-2011, 08:22 PM   #14
J-rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Tac0ma View Post
Nice lookin truck, you got any vids of the exhaust?
i can try i have a digital camera that records video, not sure of the quality but i'll see what i can do for you
Old 04-13-2011, 08:45 PM   #15
Bash Fabriction & Off-Road
01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
01Tac0ma's Tacoma Gallery
Good deal I have always wanted to hear a magnaflow, btu hardly all you can find anymore is flowmaster
Old 04-14-2011, 05:49 PM   #16
J-rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Tac0ma View Post
Good deal I have always wanted to hear a magnaflow, btu hardly all you can find anymore is flowmaster
i did a video of the exhaust today, turns out my camera doesnt record audio
Old 04-14-2011, 05:50 PM   #17
dmz1241 is on a distinguished road

Name: Dan
dmz1241's Tacoma Gallery
wow awesome truck, i want that color as well. nice job dude.
Old 04-27-2011, 09:17 PM   #18
J-rob

new update: removed sway bar last week and so far i like the feel of it
Old 04-28-2011, 04:19 PM   #20
J-rob

you mean how did i do the mod? Just buy a deckplate from a local marine shop or from ebay for like $4
cut a hole out to fit the "ring" inside of, you'll need something to seal the space between your deckplate and air box, i used plumbers putty to seal it and a hole saw to cut it out

once you've had it sealed you can screw in the screws provided with the deckplate (you'll need to drill the screws)
after that the deckplate can be put it or left out i usually run mine open unless im in sand/mud

A pic of the deckplate covered up