Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

03 taco daily driver build

Old 05-04-2011, 09:47 AM   #1
No Road. No Problem.
03TRDtacotrucker will become famous soon enough03TRDtacotrucker will become famous soon enough

Name: Alex
03TRDtacotrucker's Tacoma Gallery
03 taco daily driver build

Truck after mudding still stock

just brought it home from the dealership

all pro bumper, first mod done replacing 1st honda kill carnage bumper

bumper now painted & installed with reverse lights mounted in gaps

before lift

after lift

ARB bumper and winch

Truck before ARB bumper install

ARB bumper as of now

Smitty built 8k winch

4.88 gears, G2 in the front, Yukons in the rear w/ royal purple fluid

the old 4.10 gears

My box of scrap parts after the new front differential and gears were installed

Rear diff mod

Breather for rear diff relocated to inside gas cap

Front diff breather relocation to the right of the master cylinder

used some plumbing fittings to extend the lines for the front breather mod

K&N intake and red top Optima battery (I know I used B-caps ran out of heat shrink and been to lazy to get more and fix it )

Flowmaster 40 series exhaust

Hi Lift jack, strapped and chained to side of bed

New rock crawler rims on 35" pro comp x terrain tires

Rear window decals

Truck as of now with new rims and N-fab step

Just ordered the prerunner tiregate so will have a full size spare soon, have the pics of the tiregate attached below, also taking off N-fab steps and getting sliders instead. will update thread once I get them installed.

other future mods are radflo front coilovers, new rear shocks(undecided with brand), internal roll cage, and custom front skid plate

So thats my build

(Have tons of new pictures up on my profile of the old mods and mosier valley trips with the beattle buggy check it out)

(attached some pictures from the OHV bridgeport trail meet below)

Made a build thread in the Texas thread so if pictures dont show up go to the link below

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tex...you-think.html

figured I would post it where its supposed to be
going to update it when I get the sliders and pre runner tiregate installed.
Attached Thumbnails
03 taco daily driver build-tiregate-right-shot.jpg   03 taco daily driver build-tirgate-back-shot.jpg   03 taco daily driver build-tiregate-left-shot.jpg   03 taco daily driver build-taco-group-shot-hill-climb.jpg   03 taco daily driver build-taco-hill-climb-2.jpg  

03 taco daily driver build-taco-hill-climb.jpg   03 taco daily driver build-taco-hill-picture.jpg   03 taco daily driver build-taco-rear-sus-flex-2.jpg  
Old 05-05-2011, 07:41 PM   #3
jeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: BM3 1st Div.
Name: Jeff
jeff b's Tacoma Gallery
Truck is slick bro! What tire gate did you go with?
Old 05-05-2011, 07:45 PM   #4
Bash Fabriction & Off-Road
01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
01Tac0ma's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good! Good move on ditching the N-Fab steps for sliders
Old 05-05-2011, 07:53 PM   #5
4wd tacoma
trd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
trd7's Tacoma Gallery
nice
Old 05-07-2011, 01:21 PM   #7
RPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
RPain's Tacoma Gallery
nice build!
Old 05-07-2011, 04:36 PM   #8
jeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: BM3 1st Div.
Name: Jeff
jeff b's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03TRDtacotrucker View Post
went with the pre runner style going to mount it inboard for now, supposed to be delivered to my door tomorrow so im freaking excited
Prerunner style. Home fab? Forum vendor? Who made it? Im looking at a few myself so im wondering who you went with?
Old 05-07-2011, 07:14 PM   #9
tilec4 is on a distinguished road
Firefighter: fire rescue
tilec4's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice built Bro !
Old 05-07-2011, 07:39 PM   #10
TRDChris is a splendid one to beholdTRDChris is a splendid one to beholdTRDChris is a splendid one to beholdTRDChris is a splendid one to beholdTRDChris is a splendid one to beholdTRDChris is a splendid one to beholdTRDChris is a splendid one to behold

Name: Chris
TRDChris's Tacoma Gallery
Nice build man..and cool decals too!
Old 05-08-2011, 10:07 PM   #11
No Road. No Problem.
03TRDtacotrucker will become famous soon enough03TRDtacotrucker will become famous soon enough

Name: Alex
03TRDtacotrucker's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff b View Post
Prerunner style. Home fab? Forum vendor? Who made it? Im looking at a few myself so im wondering who you went with?
tiregate is the only maker for the tail gate tire carrier replacements, they carry the current patent that makes them the only people allowed to make a tire carrier that can replace your tailgate. many vedors such as 4xinnovations tried to make a cheaper version, but were threatend by tiregate so had to stop production. Thats why you will see some guys have different kinds of tiregate knock off's, but those will most likely be one of a kinds....the tiregates are sold everywhere, just have to research to find the best price. bought mine from james oaks online store for 773.00 shipped to my door so they are not cheap, but thats because tiregate has the current monopoly on them so can charge that price and unless you can fab your own, your going to have to pay the high price. ill post the pictures of mine tomorrow during lunch dont feel like messing with getting them off my phone right now cause its late, but the tiregate looks awesome and have gotten numerous thumbs up since even a hour after installation, so definitely a head turning upgrade thats for sure.
Old 05-09-2011, 06:22 AM   #13
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Dude I love your truck
Old 05-09-2011, 06:46 AM   #14
Jag/Nole Fanatic!
Rippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to behold

Name: John
Rippin101's Tacoma Gallery
Great build, good choices!
Old 03-11-2012, 12:34 PM   #16
noneill is on a distinguished road
Army: 1 BCT, 82nd ABN DIV
Name: nick
noneill's Tacoma Gallery
Great Rig man!
Old 04-23-2012, 05:50 PM   #17
Andrew33 is on a distinguished road
Andrew33's Tacoma Gallery
how much lift are you running
Old 04-23-2012, 06:10 PM   #18
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like 6" fabtech. Truck looks great other than the lift. Not trying to be a dick, I'm just not a fan of DB lifts. But if it's working for you, keep rockin it.
Old 04-23-2012, 06:14 PM   #19
Swerve for nothing
saundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
saundern's Tacoma Gallery
looks bad ass, what wheels are those?
Old 09-15-2012, 10:14 AM   #20
DC TRD MallRunner
Taco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
Taco Man in HD's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck!

PM sent about help with a tiregate measurement.