Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

97yota's fully caged 4wd long travel build

Old 05-05-2011, 09:02 AM   #1
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
97yota's fully caged 4wd long travel build

so i got a 1997 toyota tacoma 2.7l 4wd 5spd manual. i paid for half and the other half was paid from my first toyota, a 1990 2wd that my parents bought me. i paid 4500 for it so i think i got a good deal!

as of 11/25/2012

How it sits today, July 30th

Mods:

Performance
flow master exhaust
Doug Thorley headers

Front Suspension
Camburg ball joint long travel kit
TC spindle gussets
fox 2.0x2in bump stops
kartek limit straps
10inch c/o
(in the process of being completed)

Rear suspension
sitting in my garage...
50t baja leaf pack
engage 13 inch shackles
engage mounting plates
ext brake lines
engage hardware
waiting on..
2.5x16 tripple bypass
4 in bump stops.

Wheels/Tires
15x8 american racing atx teflon coated aluminum wheels!
33x12.5x15 bfg KM2s
2 33x12.5x15 red letter grabber spares

Interior
renegade racing seats
crowe 5pt harnesses
tube

Sound System:
Stock

Armor
Front tube bumper with full skid plate Painted black
Custom sliders for my flairs
Rear bumper with 2 full size spares
full skids on order

Exterior
front fiberwerx 4.5in flared fenders
rear glassworks 7in Flare bedsides
full custom Paint!
dents scratches and things that show character

Lighting
5 kragen 7 inch hids
2 kc daylighters
soon to be led light bar or 3 4 inch kragens

Drive train
4.88 gears front and rear
lock rite locker in the rear

Misc
1in diff drop (sitting on my headboard)
fully caged

Mods soon to come...
deckplate mod
alignment cam tabs reinforced
reinforce lower control arm frame mounts 3
Old 05-05-2011, 09:02 AM   #2
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
So this is the newest picture of my truck i could find. This picture has my 31 bfgs in it but thats about it. oh and i bought it with a campershell but i took it off.

Shortly after owning it i grew a pair and threw down the cash to get some tires and wheels! 31x10.5x8 bfg a/ts on american racing atx teflon coated wheels

i took off my fenders and front bumper so i could add my fiberglass and a custom tube bumper!

this is the best picture i have of it without fenders haha

finally finished installing my fiberglass. took alot of time i had to fit and sand quite a bit.

the dents arent that bad. just looks like it because my door is open a little haha.

then i started working on my rear fiberglass.... just to get the bedsides off it took ALL day to CUT them off. yeah it sucked for sure!

this is how it looked without fiberglass on haha

i bought and installed billy 1500s with eibach coils! yes the rear is stock

i got my rear glass on after about 6 hours! took tons of fitting, cutting, sanding, drilling. it sucked. i hated it! but it looks sweet! oh and my truck doesnt bro lean this much i just got 2 bikes in the bed and a 1700 lb trailer on back

GOT MY HEADERS!!
i just need to install these bad boys then we are all set!

Got my truck painted! i think it looks great!

Got my front bumper on! i just painted it and put my lights on it, but no pics of that yet!

more of my bumper and paint

added a AAL and bilstein 5125... no pics during the install because i installed it at night.. one side was a major pain in the ass... the AAL was hitting the C thing that holds the leafs together for some reason and i couldnt get all the bolts to line up.. so i took clamps off of the leafs and let them spring open, moved them around got the AAL in there and all lined up, bolted the leafs on that side together...THEN.. i forgot to put the over load spring in. FML. so i had to take it back apart, then i finally got the over load spring in. then the bump stop wouldnt fit because i used a slightly longer bolt. so i put it on my drill press and drilled out rubber about 1/4-1/2 inch down so it would sit flush over the bolt. The other side was really easy cause i actually knew how to do it this time. haha..

Sits a little stink bug right now but i think it will settle in the next day or 2 about a 1/4 inch. then more over time.

BILLYS!

high lift test with my sliders!

finally got my doug thorley headers on! has some problems with a exhaust leak... but its all fixed now!

start of the back bumper!!

and completed!

it will fit 33x12.5s perfectly.

front of the tire basket...

bedside protection FTW!

interior taken out....
before

during....

done! just this and 2 seats.

i also replaced my passenger upper ball joint! it needed to be done...

Attached Thumbnails
97yota's fully caged 4wd long travel build-build-9.jpg   97yota's fully caged 4wd long travel build-build-10.jpg   97yota's fully caged 4wd long travel build-build-11.jpg   97yota's fully caged 4wd long travel build-build-18.jpg   97yota's fully caged 4wd long travel build-build-19.jpg  

97yota's fully caged 4wd long travel build-build-7.jpg   97yota's fully caged 4wd long travel build-build-20.jpg   97yota's fully caged 4wd long travel build-build-4.jpg   97yota's fully caged 4wd long travel build-build-5.jpg   97yota's fully caged 4wd long travel build-bumper.jpg  

Old 05-05-2011, 09:03 AM   #3
Banned
Pics of weelin and stuff!

these ones were of 4 peaks when it snowed a little up there. went for a morning!
more to come when i get home tonight!

went to butcher jones 6/7 for a quick run after work! heres some pics.. this is also my camping spot that i go to all the time!

andddd the scenery shot lol

Old 05-05-2011, 09:03 AM   #4
Banned

i had to get pulled out by this guy lol

i know its a heap but its bad ass

i think this was after the jump... or right before it

uhhhhhhhh, there fixed it

trying to figure out how to get me off of this rock lol

brapppp

hellllooo smashed frame

made the girls get out..

Old 05-05-2011, 04:44 PM   #5
Über Posre
Slodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Silas
Slodgetto's Tacoma Gallery
Unique! haha jk looking good.
Old 05-05-2011, 05:49 PM   #6
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slodgetto View Post
Unique! haha jk looking good.
thanks!!

so my custom front bumper and my custom sliders will be done from avid in about a week! trucks in paint right now, i dont have pics of this up yet, gotta wait till after work but i have my rear fiberglass on!
Old 05-05-2011, 05:54 PM   #7
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Dang you must be one ballin 18 year old!

did I seriously just use the word ballin?
Old 05-05-2011, 05:56 PM   #8
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
Dang you must be one ballin 18 year old!

did I seriously just use the word ballin?
let me check..

oh shit. yes you did!

haha yeah im lucky to have a great job!
Old 05-05-2011, 05:56 PM   #9
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97yota4wd View Post
let me check..

oh shit. yes you did!

haha yeah im lucky to have a great job!
lol, sounds good. Truck's looking good, can't wait to see some progress.
Old 05-05-2011, 05:58 PM   #10
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
lol, sounds good. Truck's looking good, can't wait to see some progress.
thanks! trucks starting to move along real good.... got the bedsides installed like 2 weeks ago, dropped my truck off at avid so brandon could mock up a bumper and sliders, had my truck back for 3 days. i droppedm off my truck at paint on monday. gonna be about 2 weeks till i get it back ):
hes doing it as a side job thats why its going to take so long
Old 05-05-2011, 07:04 PM   #11
Über Posre
Slodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
thanks!!

so my custom front bumper and my custom sliders will be done from avid in about a week! trucks in paint right now, i dont have pics of this up yet, gotta wait till after work but i have my rear fiberglass on!
Seriously?? I can't wait to seem 'them!!! I'm getting ready to order a front bumper from avid in a few months! Great prices for good work! How different are you having yours made from the one pictured on their website? I kinda like that prototype as is, so I spoke to the owner of that taco; he said he loves it and it's held up very well.
Old 05-05-2011, 07:08 PM   #12
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slodgetto View Post
Seriously?? I can't wait to seem 'them!!! I'm getting ready to order a front bumper from avid in a few months! Great prices for good work! How different are you having yours made from the one pictured on their website? I kinda like that prototype as is, so I spoke to the owner of that taco; he said he loves it and it's held up very well.
yeah im stoked!!

its going to replace the stock skid so it will like all be one piece. im not really sure how to explain it but its badass. i like it way better than the one on their sight. that is mainly for looks,lights. the one im getting has a skid and stuff so i can plow over stuff and not be worried ya know? ill text him and ask him if he could send me a picture of it and ill show you. its looking really good last time i saw it. but i told him to take his time because i dont have my truck anyways
Old 05-05-2011, 07:10 PM   #13
Über Posre

Quote:
yeah im stoked!!

its going to replace the stock skid so it will like all be one piece. im not really sure how to explain it but its badass. i like it way better than the one on their sight. that is mainly for looks,lights. the one im getting has a skid and stuff so i can plow over stuff and not be worried ya know? ill text him and ask him if he could send me a picture of it and ill show you. its looking really good last time i saw it. but i told him to take his time because i dont have my truck anyways
That'd be awesome, thanks!
Old 05-06-2011, 09:13 AM   #14
Banned
post 2 updated!

ill get the pic of the bumper soon!
Old 05-06-2011, 09:46 AM   #15
4wd tacoma
trd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
trd7's Tacoma Gallery
sweet truck
Old 05-06-2011, 10:12 AM   #16
Nuttier than squirrel shit.
BFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
BFA's Tacoma Gallery
dude. i need to work this deal with the steel yard... then lets get a cage all up in that bitch.
Old 05-06-2011, 10:36 AM   #17
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by trd7 View Post
sweet truck
thanks!
im about 2 weeks its gonna be SWEET!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFA View Post
dude. i need to work this deal with the steel yard... then lets get a cage all up in that bitch.
hell yeah man! i just dont have the money right now..
Old 05-06-2011, 11:23 AM   #19
Über Posre

Quote:
post 2 updated!

ill get the pic of the bumper soon!
Sweet. The funny thing is... I actually e-mailed Brandon about the tube bumper on the avid website about 2 months ago... we emailed back and forth a couple times and then I asked him if he had done anything with a larger skid on the front for a little more protection.... i didn't get a reply. i didn't push it cause I know he's busy and i wont be ready to order for another few months anyway... so yeah.... I looking foward to see the one he's doing for you.
Old 05-06-2011, 12:01 PM   #20
Nuttier than squirrel shit.
BFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
BFA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
thanks!
im about 2 weeks its gonna be SWEET!

hell yeah man! i just dont have the money right now..
Dude... its called I can help a brother out