Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

My first truck

Old 05-28-2011, 04:37 PM   #1
mall crawler
Rebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Parker
Rebel Taco 22's Tacoma Gallery
My first truck

I have been into tacomas since I was 10. I was lurking on all the forums and pretty much new what I wanted to do with my tacoma before I even got one. A month before I turned 16 I found the perfect one and my dad and I went to get it. Here it is when we brought it home.

The truck already had:

Shrockworks front bumper
Shrockworks sliders
Moto metal rims
Cooper discoverer tires
AEM cold air intake

As it sits today with:
Shrockworks front bumper
Shrockworks sliders
17'' Tacoma Sport rims painted gunmetal grey
285/70/17 BFG KM2
Spidertrax 1.25'' wheel spacers
AEM cold air intake
Grey wire mod
Donahoe/Icon coilovers
4crawler 1'' BL
CBI cutbed rear bumper
Bud-Built skids
Inchworm e-locker skid

I learned to drive it (5spd) at my grandfathers land.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SETO

After that my dad and I went to Southeast takeover a couple days before i turned 16. It was great and we had a blast but I found out i really needed some front shocks and aftermarket skidplates. Heres some pictures:

Before the next ride at Windrock I got some Donahoe 2.5'' coilovers. They made a huge difference. I got a CBI cutbed rear bumper from another member on here at the same time. He helped me put the bumper and a 1'' BL on. Thanks Logan!
Before:

After:

GSMTR/ECORS

After the Windrock ride, I got some bud built skids. I had some trouble getting those on and it took me a while. But, I finally got them on. After that, I sold my rims and tires to get some new ones. I found a good deal on some tacoma sport rims painted grey so i drove 4 hours to get them. I got some 285/70/17 BFG KM2s to go along with that. Shortly after I got the rims and tires I went to the ECORS race in Auburn Alabama at the Great American Park to test them out. I didnt bring my camera so I didnt get to take any pictures. A couple weeks later I went to GSMTR at Golden Mountain Park in Sparta TN. The trails were great and I had a good time. Here are some pictures:

Future mods:
UWS low profile black toolbox
Demello bed bar
CB radio and PA
On board air inside toolbox
Marlin crawl box
Take off the BL and have ATO build me a rear bumper with winch and all the goodies
Winches front/rear
Lights Fog/backup/rock/bed
35s and 4:88
Camburg LT or SAS. Depends on what I want to do way down the road.
Old 05-28-2011, 04:52 PM   #3
mall crawler
Rebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
Nice!

Golden MTN has some tough trails. The creek bed off of trail 2, I think its #16 if i remember correctly, thats fun! Have also seen some crazy stuff on bounty hill.
Thanks! Golden MTN does have some hard trails. We had a good bit of carnage. The last day we got in a little over our heads with trail 5 and broke mirrors and dented bedsides. Someone also broke some spider gears. But it was fun! Bounty Hill is insane. I couldnt believe it when I saw it.
Old 05-28-2011, 05:06 PM   #5
mall crawler
Thats awesome! I bet that was amazing to watch!
Old 05-28-2011, 05:31 PM   #6
Max's Canadian Twin
theduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
theduck911's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck
Old 05-28-2011, 06:18 PM   #7
FJ Cruiser
KEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kurt
KEG'sTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to KEG'sTACO
Nice rig! You should come down to the GAP more often for some crawling.
Old 05-28-2011, 06:35 PM   #8
mall crawler
Quote:
Originally Posted by KEG'sTACO View Post
Nice rig! You should come down to the GAP more often for some crawling.
Thanks man! I would love to, we should have a meet there sometime. I want to try to run some more of the mariana trench. I wimped out last time around one of the tough turns.

Larry I cant wait to wheel with you either, just need to find an event that we both can make it to.

theduck911: do you have a build thread or some pictures of your truck? I want to see it.
Old 05-28-2011, 07:24 PM   #9
FJ Cruiser
KEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kurt
KEG'sTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to KEG'sTACO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel Taco 22 View Post
Thanks man! I would love to, we should have a meet there sometime. I want to try to run some more of the mariana trench. I wimped out last time around one of the tough turns.
Definitely! Just PM sometime and let me know, my friends and I are always at the park.
Old 05-28-2011, 07:26 PM   #10
Max's Canadian Twin
theduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

No I don't...I haven't spend the time too...but there are some pictures in my gallery!
Old 05-28-2011, 07:27 PM   #11
mall crawler
Quote:
Originally Posted by KEG'sTACO View Post
Definitely! Just PM sometime and let me know, my friends and I are always at the park.
Will do!
Old 05-28-2011, 07:28 PM   #12
mall crawler
Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck911 View Post
No I don't...I haven't spend the time too...but there are some pictures in my gallery!
I understand. Ill check it out, thanks!
Old 05-28-2011, 07:33 PM   #13
Max's Canadian Twin

Yea, next time I do something to the truck i'll probably start one!
Old 05-29-2011, 02:25 PM   #15
mall crawler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
nice truck man!
Thanks!
Old 05-29-2011, 03:40 PM   #16
You can't fix stupid
Drew5387 is a jewel in the roughDrew5387 is a jewel in the roughDrew5387 is a jewel in the roughDrew5387 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Drew
Drew5387's Tacoma Gallery
Me and you are pretty lucky to have a tacoma as our first truck. I'm liking your build
Old 05-29-2011, 05:07 PM   #17
mall crawler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew5387 View Post
Me and you are pretty lucky to have a tacoma as our first truck. I'm liking your build
I would agree. Thanks for the compliment. So you did a 4wd conversion? You have a build or anything? Sounds like a sweet ride!
Old 05-29-2011, 07:20 PM   #18
You can't fix stupid
Drew5387 is a jewel in the roughDrew5387 is a jewel in the roughDrew5387 is a jewel in the roughDrew5387 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Drew
Drew5387's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel Taco 22 View Post
I would agree. Thanks for the compliment. So you did a 4wd conversion? You have a build or anything? Sounds like a sweet ride!
I haven't did the conversion yet, but I am this summer when i get the money too. I have a build page. http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...onversion.html
Old 05-30-2011, 07:50 PM   #19
mall crawler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew5387 View Post
I haven't did the conversion yet, but I am this summer when i get the money too. I have a build page. http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...onversion.html
Awesome! I posted in your thread.
Old 06-20-2011, 10:51 PM   #20
mall crawler
Did a little wheeling at Mountainside Offroad park in Gadsden Alabama saturday with a guy with a swapped tao on 37s and another guy with an FJ. Heres a video. Im not a professional videoer so bare with me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pk2vcl-l0iY