Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

The Frankenstein Build! LT/Expo/Trail rig..and BS

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-01-2013, 12:27 AM   #2661
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Holy crap long night.

Wired stuff up loosely to see how it worked..didn't at first. Spent a long long time going over and over stuff...turns out I had 3 diodes backwards fixed now tho and works great!! I have two bad switches tho I think. One stays on unless you single the back terminals and one won't come on unless you wiggle the terminals..so that sucks. Ill get new ones tomorrow...well..maybe if the store is open.

Then it's just spicing in the switch power..and then running power wires...whew..

Old 01-01-2013, 08:46 AM   #2662
Paint me back in Wyoming again...
45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
45acp's Tacoma Gallery
I see you have your battery bolted down this time.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:37 PM   #2665
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Klein tools, uses lighter for heat shrink... oh lord
Old 01-02-2013, 02:43 AM   #2667
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Me neither.
Old 01-02-2013, 02:34 PM   #2668
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Co2 baby!!!!! BEST XMAS GIFT EVER!!!

Thank you Dad! Love you tons pops

not as big i thought it was going to be since it syas its supposed to be 36'' tall..seems more like 30..but ill take it

also ran around to all the thrift stores today and electronics stores to get my cable for camp lights.

and here is my new idea for the lights.

im going to weld these brackes and runa bolt to hold the alum piece. Granted it won't move at all due to it being only like 1/32 from the rail.

this will allow me to just screw them onto the bed rail when i need them and the will be solid mounted

where will they go for storage? the bed rack of course the lights will be right behind the cab angled out so i can use them as rear side fills i bout 4 mini quick fist mounts that work PERFECT for holding them on the bed rack up out of the way. On top of that..i can use them as kind of portable lights to stick under the truck or someone elses if i ever i am on a trail and helping fix aonther rig(JON!) so..kinda turned into super mulitpurpose lights

i also ordered more rock lights after seeing Chads on his rig..i knew 12 wouldn't be bright enough. So i order 20 and got 5 free..so..should have around 20 rock lights now i think. Plus 4-6 in the tent and 1-2 under neath it at the ladder area. Sad thing is that they were cheaper then the place i ordered from before..and they won't take a month to get here.

Lots to do now!
Old 01-02-2013, 02:39 PM   #2669
pavement is boring....
lotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jace
lotsoftoys's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post

Co2 baby!!!!! BEST XMAS GIFT EVER!!!

Thank you Dad! Love you tons pops

not as big i thought it was going to be since it syas its supposed to be 36'' tall..seems more like 30..but ill take it

also ran around to all the thrift stores today and electronics stores to get my cable for camp lights.

and here is my new idea for the lights.

im going to weld these brackes and runa bolt to hold the alum piece. Granted it won't move at all due to it being only like 1/32 from the rail.

this will allow me to just screw them onto the bed rail when i need them and the will be solid mounted

where will they go for storage? the bed rack of course the lights will be right behind the cab angled out so i can use them as rear side fills i bout 4 mini quick fist mounts that work PERFECT for holding them on the bed rack up out of the way. On top of that..i can use them as kind of portable lights to stick under the truck or someone elses if i ever i am on a trail and helping fix aonther rig(JON!) so..kinda turned into super mulitpurpose lights

i also ordered more rock lights after seeing Chads on his rig..i knew 12 wouldn't be bright enough. So i order 20 and got 5 free..so..should have around 20 rock lights now i think. Plus 4-6 in the tent and 1-2 under neath it at the ladder area. Sad thing is that they were cheaper then the place i ordered from before..and they won't take a month to get here.

Lots to do now!

dude! u complain about money for not going to moab, then u continue to buy lights and stuff! come on man!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-02-2013, 04:30 PM   #2671
tired
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats on the CO2. I love my tank for the trails. So much better than a solid mounted compressor/tank IMO. You'll love it.
Old 01-02-2013, 05:50 PM   #2673
pavement is boring....
lotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jace
lotsoftoys's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
dude..it was 20 bucks..haha which yes..is like what..1/2 gas if that??

Don't worry Jace..i will try and be there somehow..
let the force be with u sir:-)
Old 01-03-2013, 12:07 AM   #2674
Dr. Frankenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotsoftoys View Post
let the force be with u sir:-)
And also with you..haha

Pulled wires tonight to start getting everything wired up.

Left for a bit and came back to one of the dogs in a box

My switch for the camp/utility lights...don't love the location..but it's not bad.

Wired up my two extra switch for the bed lights and utility lights. And got power wires run from the other relay..wow..

Wire!!

All be nice and tucked away when down

Old 01-03-2013, 07:38 AM   #2675
N7MCS
Chipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 31R, HHB, 2/43 ADA Battalian, 108th ADA Brigade, XVIII Airborne Corps
Name: Chip
Chipskip's Tacoma Gallery
12/10/2012 @ 1416:
Quote:
Lol no I'm done buying lights. I have everything I think I'll need lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipskip View Post
Saved for future reference!
Quote:

Lots to do now!

Old 01-03-2013, 07:42 AM   #2676
Paint me back in Wyoming again...
45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
45acp's Tacoma Gallery
^
Old 01-03-2013, 11:35 PM   #2678
Dr. Frankenstein

Got the Hellas wiring all done!!

Relays and switches work perfect..however..I'm getting some arcing I think and nt all the lights will come on. One in particular seems to never want too. But some times two or three wont come on. I only got all 4 to light up once..so looks like I have to pull the harnes for those on the roof rack not sure why they are arcing. Everything is nicely sealed and in wire loom..

However..I can say the light output is now on the verge of biblical haha

But I get a full 2v drop though with the high beams on and the LFs and Hellas..dual batteries is basically a must now. I'm going to pick up a GM CS144 180amp alternator as well to replace the stock 80amp one. Then ill get all new wire too..basically do the big three upgrade as well and a 500amp battery relay and a yellow top optimum..sigh..money money..shit. Oh well.

Anyways. If someone has any info on the HIDs arcing out please post up!! Thinking about running a better ground to the bed rack too..
Old 01-04-2013, 01:25 AM   #2679
Dr. Frankenstein

Think I figured it out.

The insulation isn't thick enough on the wire I used to extend the post ballast wires is too thin..so I wrapped two of the lights wires in electrical tape like a mofo. Problem solved..sorta. As long as. Don't flip the switch super fast they come on every time..used pretty much a full roll of of tape though so that sucks haha gotta go get another one tomorrow..

Still can't believe how bright these are..
Old 01-04-2013, 07:22 AM   #2680
N7MCS
Chipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 31R, HHB, 2/43 ADA Battalian, 108th ADA Brigade, XVIII Airborne Corps
Name: Chip
Chipskip's Tacoma Gallery

Products Discussed in this Thread