Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

The Frankenstein Build! LT/Expo/Trail rig..and BS

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-02-2013, 10:26 PM   #3243
It's alright...They know me here
Digiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Location: Exploring the Pacific NW including ID, MT, WYO & CO
Digiratus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
He forgives you and looks forward to the next adventure with you

And yes. XRC8. Wanted a warn vr8000. But for the deal I made with Jon couldn't pass it up. Ill be very happy to have it.
I can't wait.

I had one that I ended up giving to Mark. Its gone now but was a descent winch for the money.

Does yours have a steel cable or synth rope?
Old 04-02-2013, 10:31 PM   #3244
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digiratus View Post
I can't wait.

I had one that I ended up giving to Mark. Its gone now but was a descent winch for the money.

Does yours have a steel cable or synth rope?
Me too!

And 100' of synth rope from Viking offroad. Plus Jon just replaced the motor bearings and rebuilt it all with better grease. Should work great for me I think.

Might get a 10,000lb one at some point but for a first winch I'm super stoked.

Now I'm not so worried about doing intense stuff alone with my little bro.

Should be sweet
Old 04-02-2013, 10:37 PM   #3245
It's alright...They know me here
Digiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Location: Exploring the Pacific NW including ID, MT, WYO & CO
Digiratus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Me too!

And 100' of synth rope from Viking offroad. Plus Jon just replaced the motor bearings and rebuilt it all with better grease. Should work great for me I think.

Might get a 10,000lb one at some point but for a first winch I'm super stoked.

Now I'm not so worried about doing intense stuff alone with my little bro.

Should be sweet
Very kool on the synth rope. Only way to roll.

The only trouble I had was with the thr free spool lever. It isn't the best design. SB sent me a free replacement when mine wouldn't disengage.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:39 PM   #3246
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Very kool on the synth rope. Only way to roll.

The only trouble I had was with the thr free spool lever. It isn't the best design. SB sent me a free replacement when mine wouldn't disengage.
Think Jon had an issue with his too. Believe he fixed it as well..if not ill fix it haha

The rope will be awesome..save some weight...which is already stupid high.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:47 PM   #3248
Dr. Frankenstein

Quote:
Have you thought about where you will connect the winches power cables. Seems like you have options and there are pros and cons for each.
Main battery. Only way to connect it. It's closest to the alternator which is most important. Everything I found for dual batteries always says main battery to be close to the alternator.

I'm gonna put a hand throttle in too for crawling and winching to keep the alternator at a steady 140 amps. Then link the batteries and ill be good.
Old 04-02-2013, 11:08 PM   #3254
Dr. Frankenstein

Quote:
But stereo, lights and all other accessories <cough> fridge/freezer<cough> will go the the other battery?
Correct!

Well I still have my lf240s hooked up there just cause the wire harness is just made to go there. Probably won't move it as they don't go on a lot anyways.

But yes. Fridge and freez for sure second battery as its isolated and then the fridge can run all night and drain it but your starter stays strong to start the truck in the morning.
Old 04-02-2013, 11:09 PM   #3255
Dr. Frankenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagen View Post
I need to go talk to wyotech. I keep forgetting. I have money for gears and sliders I just need to research my options some more and have a way to install them outside of paying someone a ton of money . Plus I hate making big purchases .
Yea if anything. Get some sliders and then have some one weld them on.

And gears..shit..I want to do that..might or might not happen..
Old 04-02-2013, 11:20 PM   #3256
Dr. Frankenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagen View Post
My dad got a bedrack for his truck made when we were in powell by the college and all he had to pay was for the materials...hoping I can do that.

Gears I really want to do but I want to wait until I can buy the locker too.
That's sweet. Idk if wyothech will do that haha

But yea that's what I wanted to do. But I can't afford a 3k mod.

Gears I should be able to do myself and get parts for under 800 I hope through forums. but I can't afford the 2k for the arbs
Old 04-02-2013, 11:24 PM   #3257
Just out for a rip are ya bud?
IDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
IDtrucks's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That's sweet. Idk if wyothech will do that haha

But yea that's what I wanted to do. But I can't afford a 3k mod.

Gears I should be able to do myself and get parts for under 800 I hope through forums. but I can't afford the 2k for the arbs
you cant lock untill I do. I need someone who is still open to run with

Products Discussed in this Thread