Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

The Frankenstein Build! LT/Expo/Trail rig..and BS

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-16-2013, 05:37 PM   #3641
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
Ya I know.

I prefer it for DD purposes really.

Engage replied already. Base kit is cheap! But LOT of welding..probably can't do that..might but I'd want my own shop again.
Exactly, by then mine won't be a DD but I will be driving it on the highway to get to off road places.

The pricing is awesome. I can't decide between the weld kit or install kit. I can just by my own welder and turn the garage I'll have into my shop. Haha
Old 05-16-2013, 05:39 PM   #3642
Dr. Frankenstien, in surgery
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PcBuilder14 View Post
Exactly, by then mine won't be a DD but I will be driving it on the highway to get to off road places.

The pricing is awesome. I can't decide between the weld kit or install kit. I can just by my own welder and turn the garage I'll have into my shop. Haha
Needs to be GOOD welds tho. So start practicing now haha
Old 05-16-2013, 05:41 PM   #3643
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Needs to be GOOD welds tho. So start practicing now haha
Haha yeah, my welds and the prettiest but they hold well. I'll definitely practice before and if I decide I'd be better off I'll just go with the install kit.
Old 05-16-2013, 05:48 PM   #3645

Quote:
Yea could save a grand or so..

Still gonna run 4k almost.
Yeah, I'm about to attempt to price everything out to get a rough estimate for full LT...
Old 05-16-2013, 06:22 PM   #3647

Quote:
Depends on how deep your going. Basic kit or full out

8-10k basic can be less if you can DIY a lot

10-16k for full out I'd say.
Yeah... The more I look, the more appealing mid-travel looks...

I'd love to have LT, but I'm not sure if I'd be out in the dunes enough to justify the price the more I think about it. I might just end up going with a really nice mid-travel setup....
Old 05-16-2013, 06:36 PM   #3648
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Yeah... The more I look, the more appealing mid-travel looks...

I'd love to have LT, but I'm not sure if I'd be out in the dunes enough to justify the price the more I think about it. I might just end up going with a really nice mid-travel setup....
Nothing wrong with that man. Mid travel will take you many places. Plus it keeps the rig sorta stock so maintenance is easier and the ride stays quiet and smooth.
Old 05-16-2013, 06:41 PM   #3649

Quote:
Nothing wrong with that man. Mid travel will take you many places. Plus it keeps the rig sorta stock so maintenance is easier and the ride stays quiet and smooth.
Yeah it's probably best unfortunately haha with me being in New Mexico this summer I'm going to get the itch for LT again I'm sure!

But I want to turn this thing into a vehicle that I can drive down the road to a trail, make it down the trail, and camp out for the weekend out of my truck. I like my suspension that I have right now, but I'd like a smoother ride when hitting bumps over 10mph haha
Old 05-16-2013, 07:28 PM   #3650

Quote:
Yeah it's probably best unfortunately haha with me being in New Mexico this summer I'm going to get the itch for LT again I'm sure!

But I want to turn this thing into a vehicle that I can drive down the road to a trail, make it down the trail, and camp out for the weekend out of my truck. I like my suspension that I have right now, but I'd like a smoother ride when hitting bumps over 10mph haha
Mid travel will do that man. And more. Really it's the best option for a good comfortable and capable expo rig.

But yea..will always want the crazy stuff haha
Old 05-16-2013, 09:05 PM   #3652

Quote:
Mid travel will do that man. And more. Really it's the best option for a good comfortable and capable expo rig.

But yea..will always want the crazy stuff haha
Yeah, you're right. By this time next year I should have an RTT setup and be spending a lot of my weekends camping! I keep showing my gf the pic of your tent setup, and she gets all excited about me getting one haha
Old 05-16-2013, 09:11 PM   #3653
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I keep showing my gf the pic of yours, and she gets all excited about it haha
*must resist urge*
Old 05-16-2013, 09:19 PM   #3654

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madjik_Man View Post
*must resist urge*
I would have walked right into that one! I changed the wording of my original post....
Old 05-16-2013, 09:30 PM   #3655

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumpskie View Post
Late in this discussion but I say go crawl box then save for a ARB in the rear... but I am biased
I like it haha what I'd want really..

Quote:
Yeah, you're right. By this time next year I should have an RTT setup and be spending a lot of my weekends camping! I keep showing my gf the pic of your tent setup, and she gets all excited about me getting one haha
Lol! Hell ya man they are awesome.

And really if I did extended fun coilovers UCAs I'd have pretty good travel all around to take me many a place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madjik_Man View Post
*must resist urge*
Old 05-16-2013, 09:38 PM   #3656

Quote:
Lol! Hell ya man they are awesome.

And really if I did extended fun coilovers UCAs I'd have pretty good travel all around to take me many a place.

Haha yeah, I'm debating going with Icon or Fox extended coilovers with resies in the rear, and also run expo leafs, and all pro UCA's.

Don't laugh! It only encourages him...
Old 05-16-2013, 09:57 PM   #3658

Quote:
You mean icon or fox extended coilover with resis in the front..and a 11" shocks out back with the expos haha
Hmm, I worded that terribly... Haha

I was thinking I'd go with extended up front and resies in the back. Or do you think I'd be better off with just resies up front. Heck, I'm not even sure if I'll need resies at all haha
Old 05-16-2013, 10:07 PM   #3660

Quote:
Resis all around man! Case you ever want to hit the whoops. Cause you can with a good mid travel setup. Cooling is great for shocks man.
Hmm, curse you and your good reasoning causing me to spend more money in the future!

Seems that I come up with more and more stuff I want to buy every time I post in this thread! Haha

Hmm, $2700 for everything before shipping...

Products Discussed in this Thread