Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

The Frankenstein Build! LT/Expo/Trail rig..and BS

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-16-2013, 10:15 PM   #3661
Dr. Frankenstien, in surgery
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PcBuilder14 View Post
Hmm, curse you and your good reasoning causing me to spend more money in the future!

Seems that I come up with more and more stuff I want to buy every time I post in this thread! Haha

Hmm, $2700 for everything before shipping...
Cheaper then just the LT front kit...before shocks...hahahahahahaha

So I'm really saving you money..haha
Old 05-16-2013, 10:25 PM   #3662
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
Cheaper then just the LT front kit...before shocks...hahahahahahaha

So I'm really saving you money..haha
Haha I guess you could say that... Plus that also means I don't have to wait for a new DD before I upgrade the suspension...
Old 05-16-2013, 10:42 PM   #3664
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Exactly!!

Will work great.
Haha yup! Tent setup this year, and either suspesnion or armor next year...

Maybe I'll have a truck that's half as awesome as yours in 2 years... Haha
Old 05-17-2013, 09:30 AM   #3665
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Haha yup! Tent setup this year, and either suspesnion or armor next year...

Maybe I'll have a truck that's half as awesome as yours in 2 years... Haha

Wont take much you'll see! be there before ya know it.

and if your doing tent this year..id do suspension next..or at least the rear to take the extra weight. And then some armor. Maybe rear suspension and sliders and a bumper.
Old 05-17-2013, 09:43 AM   #3666

Quote:
Wont take much you'll see! be there before ya know it.

and if your doing tent this year..id do suspension next..or at least the rear to take the extra weight. And then some armor. Maybe rear suspension and sliders and a bumper.
Yeah, that's kind of what I thought as well. I want to go ahead and do a full size spare, sliders, boxrocket bed rack, then a CVT for this year.

Then next year maybe do expos, Icons, and u-bolt flip kit first. Then work on getting the front done. Depending on how much my tax refund is next year maybe I'll be able to get a rear bumper like yours. The rear bumper with a swingout has grown on me now... Haha
Old 05-17-2013, 09:48 AM   #3667

Quote:
Yeah, that's kind of what I thought as well. I want to go ahead and do a full size spare, sliders, boxrocket bed rack, then a CVT for this year.

Then next year maybe do expos, Icons, and u-bolt flip kit first. Then work on getting the front done. Depending on how much my tax refund is next year maybe I'll be able to get a rear bumper like yours. The rear bumper with a swingout has grown on me now... Haha

Start saving mine cost a ton. IDK if Tim will make another or not. Im sure he will for the right price. Or if adam will..or whoever. If you can weld you can just always add your own to really just about any bumper.

Really the swingout is the best place for a fullsized 33-35'' spare tire. hands down.

Does have its disadvantages..but i love it. Can't wait to add a table to mine. Im going to tweak mine a bit more tho first.

But thats a good plan otherwise man! get too it
Old 05-17-2013, 09:57 AM   #3668

Quote:
Start saving mine cost a ton. IDK if Tim will make another or not. Im sure he will for the right price. Or if adam will..or whoever. If you can weld you can just always add your own to really just about any bumper.

Really the swingout is the best place for a fullsized 33-35'' spare tire. hands down.

Does have its disadvantages..but i love it. Can't wait to add a table to mine. Im going to tweak mine a bit more tho first.

But thats a good plan otherwise man! get too it
Haha that's what I figured... I thought that maybe I could just order an Elite and just have somebody else build me the tiregate and I'd just put the two together... Or maybe even ship an Elite bumper to somebody like BoxRocket to build me one. so many options haha

I really like the idea of the table, would be much simpler than lugging around a fold out table in the bed. Plus I like your jerry can setup. Is there a specific reason why every tiregate I see on 1st gens has the tire at a slight angle?

Haha hopefully I'll start rolling with the plan around the end of June. Unfortunately, I'm going to be at home with the gf in the beginning of June as well as going to Church Camp. Haha So there goes a chunk of my money.
Old 05-17-2013, 10:09 AM   #3669

Quote:
Haha that's what I figured... I thought that maybe I could just order an Elite and just have somebody else build me the tiregate and I'd just put the two together... Or maybe even ship an Elite bumper to somebody like BoxRocket to build me one. so many options haha

I really like the idea of the table, would be much simpler than lugging around a fold out table in the bed. Plus I like your jerry can setup. Is there a specific reason why every tiregate I see on 1st gens has the tire at a slight angle?

Haha hopefully I'll start rolling with the plan around the end of June. Unfortunately, I'm going to be at home with the gf in the beginning of June as well as going to Church Camp. Haha So there goes a chunk of my money.
The reason for tilting the tire forwards is so that it reduces the chances of it dragging on the ground if you go up something really steep. And if it does contact only a small portion contacts.

Adding one to an Elite will be trickier then most. My Spindle (which is freaking HUGE, Tim went over board with it lol) is integrated into the inside of the bumper and i know he had to change the top lip for the swingout arm.

But i have never seen one with out the swing out..so yea. haha. Steve is going to try adding dual swingouts to his tho pretty soon i believe.

and women..money stealers they are haha
Old 05-17-2013, 10:16 AM   #3670

Quote:
The reason for tilting the tire forwards is so that it reduces the chances of it dragging on the ground if you go up something really steep. And if it does contact only a small portion contacts.

Adding one to an Elite will be trickier then most. My Spindle (which is freaking HUGE, Tim went over board with it lol) is integrated into the inside of the bumper and i know he had to change the top lip for the swingout arm.

But i have never seen one with out the swing out..so yea. haha. Steve is going to try adding dual swingouts to his tho pretty soon i believe.

and women..money stealers they are haha
Got ya, I knew there had to be a reason. Haha

Hmm, yeah. Could be tricky...Hopefully by the time it comes around for me to order one, he'll have it available or somebody will be willing to help me out.

I saw that Steve was attempting dual swingouts. Should be interesting...

Haha women definitely are that!
Old 05-17-2013, 10:18 AM   #3671

Quote:
Got ya, I knew there had to be a reason. Haha

Hmm, yeah. Could be tricky...Hopefully by the time it comes around for me to order one, he'll have it available or somebody will be willing to help me out.

I saw that Steve was attempting dual swingouts. Should be interesting...

Haha women definitely are that!

yea and like i said. Could always ask if he will make another one. He told me after he finished mine i doubted he ever would just cause it took so long..but i was the first one..so maybe he would do it again Worth a shot to ask i guess. just be ready for a big price tag if you get the wrap arounds and receiver mounts and all.
Old 05-17-2013, 10:22 AM   #3672

Quote:
yea and like i said. Could always ask if he will make another one. He told me after he finished mine i doubted he ever would just cause it took so long..but i was the first one..so maybe he would do it again Worth a shot to ask i guess. just be ready for a big price tag if you get the wrap arounds and receiver mounts and all.
This is true. But I've still got another year or so before I get one, so I'm not going to bother him just yet. I know mine will be expensive, as I want all the options he offers. I also want aluminum if possible... Gonna be expensive! I'm wanting to run as much aluminum as I can to keep this thing at a halfway decent weight for a dail driver...
Old 05-17-2013, 10:25 AM   #3673

Quote:
This is true. But I've still got another year or so before I get one, so I'm not going to bother him just yet. I know mine will be expensive, as I want all the options he offers. I also want aluminum if possible... Gonna be expensive! I'm wanting to run as much aluminum as I can to keep this thing at a halfway decent weight for a dail driver...

yea if he had offered the AL discount on the GB i was in..TOTALLY woulda done it.

But when i asked about it for my front it was 250 extra i think. Didn't even want to know what the rear woulda been haha But i wish mine where AL now..truck is a heavy ass beast now..
Old 05-17-2013, 10:37 AM   #3674

Quote:
yea if he had offered the AL discount on the GB i was in..TOTALLY woulda done it.

But when i asked about it for my front it was 250 extra i think. Didn't even want to know what the rear woulda been haha But i wish mine where AL now..truck is a heavy ass beast now..
Yeah, it's still $250 for the aluminum on his site. Since I won't be getting in on the GB it'll run me around $1,260 for the front in aluminum.

I definitely don't want to be as heavy as you are! But I figure with all aluminum bumpers, sliders, and a bed rack that won't always have a tent on it won't hurt me too bad.
Old 05-17-2013, 10:55 AM   #3675

Quote:
Yeah, it's still $250 for the aluminum on his site. Since I won't be getting in on the GB it'll run me around $1,260 for the front in aluminum.

I definitely don't want to be as heavy as you are! But I figure with all aluminum bumpers, sliders, and a bed rack that won't always have a tent on it won't hurt me too bad.

yea probably not.

and thats almost what i paid for the rear..haha
Old 05-17-2013, 12:45 PM   #3677

Quote:
HA!

Was looking at the skid i bought that was screwed up that im going to fix..turns out its 1/4'' steel already! kinda cool haha
Hmm... Does he know this? Haha
Old 05-17-2013, 12:48 PM   #3678

Quote:
Hmm... Does he know this? Haha
i PMed him to let him know to make sure he wasn't getting screwed buy steel prices or so he won't have a pissed off customer.

I sure as hell am not complaining! lol although by the time im done welding the backwards TRD over and a new rear mount...gonna be freakin heavy..my eibachs are gonna be hurting bad..already not liking the winch..
Old 05-17-2013, 12:56 PM   #3679

Quote:
i PMed him to let him know to make sure he wasn't getting screwed buy steel prices or so he won't have a pissed off customer.

I sure as hell am not complaining! lol although by the time im done welding the backwards TRD over and a new rear mount...gonna be freakin heavy..my eibachs are gonna be hurting bad..already not liking the winch..
Sounds like you need some new and shiny coilovers

Products Discussed in this Thread