Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

The Frankenstein Build! LT/Expo/Trail rig..and BS

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-17-2013, 06:48 PM   #3681
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
Haha no kidding!

Some 2.5x8 with 700lb coils would be nice...

Yes! I still can't decide if I want to go Fox, King, or Icon in the future... Or whatever other brand there is out there I should look at. I've decided I don't want SAWs. Just don't hear enough good things about them. I'm leaning towards Icons.
Old 05-17-2013, 07:41 PM   #3683
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PcBuilder14 View Post

Yes! I still can't decide if I want to go Fox, King, or Icon in the future... Or whatever other brand there is out there I should look at. I've decided I don't want SAWs. Just don't hear enough good things about them. I'm leaning towards Icons.
I'm going foxes I think all around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumpskie View Post
Hey Blackdawg,

What spring rate are you running up front now? (too lazy to look for myself, sorry)
Toytech eibachs. 620lb spring rate. Have worked great. Just getting tired from wheeling with all the weight.
Old 05-17-2013, 07:59 PM   #3684
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
I'm going foxes I think all around.
I actually think Foxes are slightly cheaper than Icons.
Old 05-18-2013, 09:16 AM   #3686
Hailing from the land of bucking broncos...
farmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: farmerjon
farmerjon's Tacoma Gallery
I think you're just getting older... and deafer!
Old 05-18-2013, 09:28 AM   #3687
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
I actually think Foxes are slightly cheaper than Icons.
They are a bit. And different valving too i believe so they ride a bit different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digiratus View Post
I think I need a louder muffler. I can't hear mine any more.
lol chop that shit off! or get a 14'' magna like me

I actually find it funny driving my double cab now..stock exhaust..its actually kinda nice sounding..i mean..its quite as shit compared to Frankenstein..but it doesn't sound bad either..

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmerjon View Post
Old 05-18-2013, 10:16 AM   #3688

Yeah, I've seen that Icon is digressive while most others like Fox are progressive. I can't decide what would be better for me. Digressive would be smoother on the highway but rougher on the trails, while progressive would be the exact opposite.

And I second the 14" Magnaflow! I love mine. Gives a nice sound while driving around but isn't obnoxious when driving on the highway. Mine's dumped.
Old 05-18-2013, 10:25 AM   #3689
Über Posre
Slodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Silas
Slodgetto's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
HA!

Was looking at the skid i bought that was screwed up that im going to fix..turns out its 1/4'' steel already! kinda cool haha
Nice!
Quote:
Haha no kidding!

Some 2.5x8 with 700lb coils would be nice...
x2
Old 05-18-2013, 12:02 PM   #3690
Dr. Frankenstein

Quote:
Yeah, I've seen that Icon is digressive while most others like Fox are progressive. I can't decide what would be better for me. Digressive would be smoother on the highway but rougher on the trails, while progressive would be the exact opposite.

And I second the 14" Magnaflow! I love mine. Gives a nice sound while driving around but isn't obnoxious when driving on the highway. Mine's dumped.
Yea for me foxes will be better. Icons are supposed to be awesome on washboards and whoops tho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slodgetto View Post
Nice!

x2

NO!!!

You SAS that freaking thing!!! NO LT FOR YOU!
Old 05-18-2013, 05:44 PM   #3691
Modified Glamper Extraordinaire
Digiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Location: Exploring the Pacific NW including ID, MT, WYO & CO
Digiratus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by farmerjon View Post
This is true. And can't see as well at night and can't keep it up as long and ...

Quote:

lol chop that shit off! or get a 14'' magna like me

I actually find it funny driving my double cab now..stock exhaust..its actually kinda nice sounding..i mean..its quite as shit compared to Frankenstein..but it doesn't sound bad either..
There is nothing wrong with my 18, just can't hear it over the stereo any more.
Old 05-18-2013, 06:13 PM   #3695
Dr. Frankenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumpskie View Post
Tweak could mean good or bad... hmmm
Sorta both in this case

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digiratus View Post
did you take it off?
Yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagen View Post
Did you glue a giant dildo on it so your truck could be a Frankenstein unicorn?

That would be an awesome tweak

edit: It would be more of a frankenstein rhino though...cool none the less.
Lol gtfo of here gage hahaha
Old 05-18-2013, 06:36 PM   #3696
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I like the quiet gurgle of the stock exhaust. And it's not obnoxious to my ears or anyone else's.

The only thing I will probably do is cut it off somewhere behind(?) the rear axle because the exhaust tip is just an ugly rusty looking POS. So for pure aesthetic reasons only.
Old 05-18-2013, 06:59 PM   #3697
Dr. Frankenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madjik_Man View Post
I like the quiet gurgle of the stock exhaust. And it's not obnoxious to my ears or anyone else's.

The only thing I will probably do is cut it off somewhere behind(?) the rear axle because the exhaust tip is just an ugly rusty looking POS. So for pure aesthetic reasons only.
Yea it's not bad.

But I love my 14" magna with the custom piping. It's awesome.
Old 05-18-2013, 07:07 PM   #3698
Professional Web Wheeler
m3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Captain Jack Sparrow
m3bassman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madjik_Man View Post

you would like the 18" magnaflow. its quietish
Old 05-18-2013, 07:40 PM   #3700
Professional Web Wheeler
m3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Captain Jack Sparrow
m3bassman's Tacoma Gallery
mines louder because of its location.

Products Discussed in this Thread