Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

The Frankenstein Build! LT/Expo/Trail rig..and BS

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-14-2013, 12:16 AM   #4001
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ipreferwater View Post
I was able to enjoy driving my truck home today because the sliders weren't scratching against the fender flare bolt or thunking like they have in the past. Ahh I missed a peaceful truck ride.

Monte how often do you use your roof lightbar? Something that could be used on the hwy or no?
I use them more then I thought I would. So awesome to drive with. I use them on the hwy here late at night. But kill them well before a car is in range. Just so bright.

But if I'm on a big trip I usually have them folded down on big trips. But so far I've used em a lot. They are just so nice to drive with. And scary too wouldn't believe the deer you see you normally don't

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDtrucks View Post
how was it? Kinda different huh? arc welding was one where I caught my entire crotch of my coveralls on fire. I was finally laying a good puddle and I felt my crotch getting warm, but i figured it was just some slag so i said fuck it im finishing, i finish and look down and there is just a big ball of fire there.

what were you welding? what type of joints? i sucked at arc man, could never consistently get it right.
It was different!! But not to bad. I had a great teacher tho. Master welder. He had me hold the wand then he made the motions for me so I got to watch and feel what good welds are like. I picked it up real fast. But getting the speed of pushing the rod in I'd need work in. My first like 1-3" would be great but then my puddle would get to big.

I was just laying down beads. Not allowed to really fabricate anything up here that's supposed to hold 5000+psi. But I did joints and beads. Just had fun for 15 mins.

Would definitely need a lot more practice to be good. But I feel like I could if I had one available and such.

Pretty sweet tho. Really wanna try TIG now.
Old 07-14-2013, 12:19 AM   #4002
Yeti Hunter
Bennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Bennett707's Tacoma Gallery
the arc welder I saw today used, was so old it had a wheel on top for temperature and it looked like a meat smoker.
Old 07-14-2013, 12:27 AM   #4003
Just out for a rip are ya bud?
IDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
IDtrucks's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
I use them more then I thought I would. So awesome to drive with. I use them on the hwy here late at night. But kill them well before a car is in range. Just so bright.

But if I'm on a big trip I usually have them folded down on big trips. But so far I've used em a lot. They are just so nice to drive with. And scary too wouldn't believe the deer you see you normally don't

It was different!! But not to bad. I had a great teacher tho. Master welder. He had me hold the wand then he made the motions for me so I got to watch and feel what good welds are like. I picked it up real fast. But getting the speed of pushing the rod in I'd need work in. My first like 1-3" would be great but then my puddle would get to big.

I was just laying down beads. Not allowed to really fabricate anything up here that's supposed to hold 5000+psi. But I did joints and beads. Just had fun for 15 mins.

Would definitely need a lot more practice to be good. But I feel like I could if I had one available and such.

Pretty sweet tho. Really wanna try TIG now.
try over head arc welds...those are a bitch!
Old 07-17-2013, 08:36 PM   #4007
Yeti Hunter
Bennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

might get to use my CVT for the first time next weekend if my bed rack shows. Sounded like Adam said it should be done this week and I am hoping shipped as well. Monte it better be easy to set up! I'll be coming to you for answers for sure lol
Old 07-17-2013, 08:39 PM   #4008
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
might get to use my CVT for the first time next weekend if my bed rack shows. Sounded like Adam said it should be done this week and I am hoping shipped as well. Monte it better be easy to set up! I'll be coming to you for answers for sure lol
It is! Well..initial install takes a bit.

But after at. Once you use it 2-4 times it's suuupper easy more then happy to help with anything tho.

Build note: ordered my clutch kit tonight! I will be in Powell next Thursday to start my quick fixes before my big trip. Can't wait!
Old 07-17-2013, 08:43 PM   #4009
Yeti Hunter

I was looking at the awnings, do you have to put those up each time? looked like the fish eye went up topa nd you just have to poke the bottom?
Old 07-17-2013, 08:48 PM   #4010
Dr. Frankenstein

Quote:
I was looking at the awnings, do you have to put those up each time? looked like the fish eye went up topa nd you just have to poke the bottom?
The awnings or annex?

Awning are totally separate from the tent and need setup when ever ya want. Easy to setup nice to have two people.

Annex is the part that hangs off the tent. They are also separate of the tent and do not need setup every time you set up the tent.
Old 07-17-2013, 08:50 PM   #4011
Yeti Hunter

I didn't even see my annex in the box/package but I wasn't looking that hard.

The awning above the door(s) and windows need the rods thru them, thats an every time set up I would imagine and sounds correct by your statement above?
Old 07-17-2013, 08:57 PM   #4012
Dr. Frankenstein

The tarp that covers the tent does need the poles put in every time for the bachelor. Or at least one door to get in and out easily. Windows are optional of course. I often don't set them up.

If you have a Shasta yu won't have to use any poles if your just getting n and crashing. Why? Because the 3' overhang that covers the ladder has a larger curved aluminum pole that holds the whole thing up.

In my setup video at the end point that's how I often sleep just cause it's late and I'm ready to just crash.

If I have time I setup both doors and windows.
Old 07-17-2013, 08:59 PM   #4013
Yeti Hunter

I got the hood. I am super excited to put it all together, I know it will make more sense once I get hands on.
Old 07-17-2013, 10:33 PM   #4015
Yeti Hunter

for 50$ more than I paid for the bachelor I couldn't refuse.
Old 07-17-2013, 11:01 PM   #4017
Yeti Hunter

Defiantly might sacrifice a little bit of storage space, should work out okay. I like having room for guests if need be and also if something ridiculous did happen, i'd rather not buy a new tent.
Old 07-18-2013, 01:13 AM   #4020
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Are you in Laramie now or something?

Products Discussed in this Thread