Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

The Frankenstein Build! LT/Expo/Trail rig..and BS

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-05-2011, 10:59 PM   #41
Drunk Canadian
MapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
MapleMoose's Tacoma Gallery
Did you do the brake proportioning adjustment?
Old 08-05-2011, 11:46 PM   #42
Dr. Frankenstien, in surgery
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue View Post
What size tires are you going to bump up to? 33s?
Yea i think...or 32s...not sure yet. Ima gonna see how my 10.5s look with wheel spacers. If i like the look ill go 33x10.5. If i want wider ill go 32x11.5. I dont really want 12.5 wide tires, even tho they look freakin bad ass! i just don't want to have to worry about triming tooo much and the gas hit too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr97tacoma View Post
Did you do the brake proportioning adjustment?
Do tell???
Old 08-06-2011, 05:41 PM   #44
Drunk Canadian
MapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
Do tell???
Here's a link, http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...ition-122.html

I havent gotten around to doing it yet either.
Old 08-06-2011, 05:49 PM   #45
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Wheel spacers came!

Hubs were pretty dirty

Using a wire brush, scotch bright pad, WD40 and a rag latter

Much cleaner.

Spacer installed at 90ft/lbs, i used Allpro 1.5'' spacers and also Used the Allpro ET nuts. Didn't REALLY need them for the back...defiantly glad i got them for the front.

Here is a ET nut next to a standard thread nut

Rear driverside tire with spacer

rear pass side tire without spacer

The fronts were much cleaner then the backs. Cleaned up better too

Driverside with spacer

pass side with out spacer

Driver side with spacers

passenger side with out spacers

Over all im very happy with the look and parts. I will be checking the torque tomorrow to make sure everything is still snug. Defiantly made my truck look more aggressive and meaner. Just putting around i have already noticed ppl lookin at it. Sorry i dont have any good pics of it but they will come!

next big thing is my Elite bumper, whenever Tim finishes it, plus color match grill, satoshi, think ill paint the skid plate too, and im gonna get exhaust too i think. im tired of not being able to hear it. Also Deckplate mod will come very soon, just waiting for the deckplate to show up. I have been talking with Marco of DSM to see if i need 10'' 5150s. Will have an update on that soon.

thanks for looking!

Old 08-06-2011, 05:52 PM   #46
Drunk Canadian

Spacers!!!

looks good though
Old 08-06-2011, 06:07 PM   #48
You're my boy blue
Blue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Dylan
Blue's Tacoma Gallery
Bad ass man! Looks 10x better. Do you know what you want to do with the exhaust? I have the wicked flow 13 and it sounds good IMO
Old 08-06-2011, 08:01 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr97tacoma View Post
Here's a link, http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...ition-122.html

I havent gotten around to doing it yet either.
hmmm i still dont see what it is exactly???

Quote:
Bad ass man! Looks 10x better. Do you know what you want to do with the exhaust? I have the wicked flow 13 and it sounds good IMO
Thanks man! defiantly looks better for sure. I'll defiantly be getting 33x10.5s now i think when i get tires. And i don't really know yet...im going to go talk to the exhaust shop, he knows his shit for sure. Trying to really decide if i want dual exit pipes or not. muffler tho...not sure..heard you get 6-8hp from the dynomaxx turbo one..my dad has a maganaflow..so idk haha we will see.

On a side note, shock mount to shock mount in the rear at rest is 22 1/4'' VERY VERY bad! as my current 5150s max out at 22.5''...sooooo looks like ill be getting new rear shocks...again..lol had em on for a week..lol
Old 08-06-2011, 08:25 PM   #51
You're my boy blue
Blue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Blue's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I've heard the dynomax is one of the only mufflers that show hp gains
Old 08-06-2011, 08:31 PM   #52

Quote:
Yeah I've heard the dynomax is one of the only mufflers that show hp gains
exactly, can't complain with that! lol but i do what a pretty aggressive sound..so we shall see what goes down when i talk to the guy. If anything im thinkin like a big resonator before the muffler...still can't decide if i want dual exit tho..
Old 08-06-2011, 08:46 PM   #53
You're my boy blue

Firefighter:
Blue's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I just cut mine off right after the axle. I kept hitting shit with it when wheeling
Old 08-06-2011, 09:17 PM   #55
You're my boy blue

Firefighter:
Blue's Tacoma Gallery
You ever get around to doing the deck plate mod?
Old 08-06-2011, 10:25 PM   #57
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery

That looks great! I'm very jelly of your brushgaurd and hella's.
Old 08-06-2011, 10:34 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacountryboy-IXI View Post
That looks great! I'm very jelly of your brushgaurd and hella's.

Thanks man! I had to measure out all the holes and drill em myself. Came predrilled with 2 but not in the right spots.

Im getting an Elite bumper tho so if ya want it i could sell it to you for pretty cheap as its got a couple whiskey dents in it..
Old 08-06-2011, 10:41 PM   #59
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks man! I had to measure out all the holes and drill em myself. Came predrilled with 2 but not in the right spots.

Im getting an Elite bumper tho so if ya want it i could sell it to you for pretty cheap as its got a couple whiskey dents in it..
Would it fit a 99? The gaurds look too narrow for my front end, I'm not sure if it would look good on mine.
Old 08-06-2011, 10:43 PM   #60
Drunk Canadian

Quote:
Okay so basicly its raising this thingy?
Yeah, thats the brake proportion valve. It balances the braking pressure for the rear brakes. If you lift too much, you can loose braking power in the rear.

Your suppose to raise the same aboum you lift your truck. (eg. 3" lift - raise it 3")

Products Discussed in this Thread