Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Kmok's Build

Old 06-07-2011, 12:15 PM   #41
Nuttier than squirrel shit.
BFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
BFA's Tacoma Gallery
I'm sure you have a BFH.. that will take care of the bedside though the plunger probably won't work. Or just give it a good push with your palm
Old 06-07-2011, 12:22 PM   #42
Plastidipped ma Hootus!
kmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kmok's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFA View Post
I'm sure you have a BFH.. that will take care of the bedside though the plunger probably won't work. Or just give it a good push with your palm
Yes I do, I'm going to try the plunger first then go the hammer route
Old 06-07-2011, 02:30 PM   #43
BFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BFA's Tacoma Gallery
The door looks pushed but in the bedside will require a bit more than a plunger.. I think
Old 06-07-2011, 04:19 PM   #44
Plastidipped ma Hootus!
kmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kmok's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The door looks pushed but in the bedside will require a bit more than a plunger.. I think
Yeah it's going to need more than just the plunger. I'm going to see if I can pull out as much of the dent as I can with the plunger first. I finally found a plunger...walmart and target do not have a normal style plunger for future reference. I found it at meijer.
Old 06-07-2011, 07:11 PM   #45
Plastidipped ma Hootus!

kmok's Tacoma Gallery
Plunger method didn't work, I tried dry ice Sunday night and that didn't work either. I ended up using a bottle jack and a piece of wood to pop out the dent in the bed. There's still a small dent that's not super noticeable but it looks much better. For the door I took off the plastic trim panel and the dent popped out very easy from inside the door just by me pushing on it a little with my hand. I'll post some pics of the results tomorrow.

These came in today

Some high angle Porsche 930 cv boots that I'll probably be installing tomorrow
Old 06-07-2011, 08:29 PM   #46

BFA's Tacoma Gallery
Dude sweet
Old 06-07-2011, 11:56 PM   #47
Don't give up here just yet
2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
2TRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmok View Post
Plunger method didn't work, I tried dry ice Sunday night and that didn't work either. I ended up using a bottle jack and a piece of wood to pop out the dent in the bed. There's still a small dent that's not super noticeable but it looks much better. For the door I took off the plastic trim panel and the dent popped out very easy from inside the door just by me pushing on it a little with my hand. I'll post some pics of the results tomorrow.
I was going to say, buy a Power Pusher.

Same damn thing that you did with the bottle jack though, so.
Old 06-08-2011, 10:43 AM   #48
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
NicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nic
NicNac22's Tacoma Gallery
how fast does it fade? and is there anyway to prevent it or replace it?
Old 06-09-2011, 12:57 PM   #49
Plastidipped ma Hootus!

kmok's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicNac22 View Post
how fast does it fade? and is there anyway to prevent it or replace it?
How fast does what fade?
Old 06-09-2011, 12:59 PM   #50
Plastidipped ma Hootus!

kmok's Tacoma Gallery
So I tried to replace the boots and had a little mishap where the bearings came apart on the inner part of the axle...Anyways the boots don't fit and I have a fucked axle so I'm going to put two Autozone axles in with a life time warranty. I should have just done this in the first place but w/e.
Old 06-09-2011, 03:28 PM   #51

BFA's Tacoma Gallery
Worth a shot lol I wouldn't have tried
Old 06-09-2011, 07:32 PM   #53
Plastidipped ma Hootus!

kmok's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by alove0750 View Post
Nice truck, how do you like the Toytecs?
Thanks man, I really like them. The ride is way better than stock and the adjustability is really nice. It's actually pretty easy to adjust.
Old 06-09-2011, 07:34 PM   #54
Plastidipped ma Hootus!

kmok's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Worth a shot lol I wouldn't have tried
Yeah lol, I was hoping to cure the boot tearing problems all together and still have oem strength axles but w/e. If I destroy a cv axle or boot all I have to do now is get one from autozone, take out the broken one and put in the new one and I won't even have to pay a thing for the axles.
Old 06-12-2011, 05:20 PM   #55
Don't give up here just yet
2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
2TRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So I tried to replace the boots and had a little mishap where the bearings came apart on the inner part of the axle...Anyways the boots don't fit and I have a fucked axle so I'm going to put two Autozone axles in with a life time warranty. I should have just done this in the first place but w/e.
Oops...
Old 06-12-2011, 05:47 PM   #56

BFA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah lol, I was hoping to cure the boot tearing problems all together and still have oem strength axles but w/e. If I destroy a cv axle or boot all I have to do now is get one from autozone, take out the broken one and put in the new one and I won't even have to pay a thing for the axles.
thats what im gunna do. ill just jack it up and run some gnarly angles on my cv's and ill return them every 3 months and tell them i dunno what happened lol
Old 06-12-2011, 07:09 PM   #57
tacomazach has a spectacular aura abouttacomazach has a spectacular aura about

Name: Zach
tacomazach's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Here's my Ultragauge setup and that switch where the clock is, is for my lights up front. Check out the 19.5 Average MPG lol

hey man, how do you like your ultragauge? I've been debating on getting one.
Old 06-12-2011, 10:08 PM   #58
Plastidipped ma Hootus!

kmok's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker View Post
Oops...
Yeah I messed up a little bit..lol. I should have just replaced the whole axles in the 1st place and not messed around with it at all.

Quote:
thats what im gunna do. ill just jack it up and run some gnarly angles on my cv's and ill return them every 3 months and tell them i dunno what happened lol
I didn't think about jacking the truck up more but I definitely could with adjustable coilovers lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomazach View Post
hey man, how do you like your ultragauge? I've been debating on getting one.
I really like it, it's nice to be able to monitor other things going on with the truck besides the stock gauges. The ultragauge has helped me improve my mpgs too imo
Old 06-12-2011, 10:58 PM   #59

BFA's Tacoma Gallery
Well lol cranking up the c/o's within reason.. I love taking advantage of lifetime warranties
Old 06-14-2011, 08:19 AM   #60
Plastidipped ma Hootus!

kmok's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Well lol cranking up the c/o's within reason.. I love taking advantage of lifetime warranties
I'm going for 4-4.5" of lift maybe 5" if I can pull it off warranties like this are awesome lol