Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Kmok's Build

Old 06-03-2011, 11:02 AM   #1
Plastidipped ma Hootus!
kmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kmok's Tacoma Gallery
Kmok's Build

How the truck looks now

My truck is a 2003 V6 5 Speed 4x4 TRD Extra cab. I bought it a few years ago with 82,000 miles on it.

Mods

Adjustable Toytec Coilovers
Differential Drop
Old Man Emu Leaf Packs
Bilstein 5125s

Trail Gear Rear Bumper
Light Bar with Hella 700ffs made by snobord552
Herculined Rocker Panels
Blacked out Badges
Tinted windows
Black stock wheels
265/75/16 BFG All Terrains (Hopefully 285s soon)

Pictures from when I first got it:

After the lift:

Light Bar Made by snobord552

Herculined Rocker Panels and window tint

Trail Gear Rear Bumper

Took off the diamond plate tool box and put in these boxes I found at the surplus store

Painted the stock wheels

Picked this up last night. Found it on craigslist for $30

Cap on the truck coated in herculiner:

How she sits now with TG front bumper and 4xinnovations DOM sliders:

Old 06-03-2011, 11:05 AM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Sweet. I wish I saved money and went with a 1st gen sometimes.

But wait. I do not see a bit of Plasti-dip on your truck. That means your truck is a fail my friend.
Old 06-03-2011, 11:09 AM   #3
Plastidipped ma Hootus!
kmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kmok's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Sweet. I wish I saved money and went with a 1st gen sometimes.

But wait. I do not see a bit of Plasti-dip on your truck. That means your truck is a fail my friend.
The wheels are "painted" with plastidip, the emblems and grille are also plastidipped lol. Oh and my front bumper too. I just need to take more pictures of my truck
Old 06-03-2011, 11:14 AM   #4
Don't give up here just yet
2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
2TRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Call me dumb, but did you paint those wheels since I saw your truck last or were they painted when we met up?
Old 06-03-2011, 11:16 AM   #5
Plastidipped ma Hootus!

kmok's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker View Post
Call me dumb, but did you paint those wheels since I saw your truck last or were they painted when we met up?
I just painted them Wednesday night, they were the stock silver when we met up lol
Old 06-03-2011, 11:18 AM   #6
Nuttier than squirrel shit.
BFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
BFA's Tacoma Gallery
Finally
Old 06-03-2011, 11:28 AM   #7
2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmok View Post
I just painted them Wednesday night, they were the stock silver when we met up lol
F'in sweet.

Can't wait to see them!
Old 06-03-2011, 11:41 AM   #8
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmok View Post
The wheels are "painted" with plastidip, the emblems and grille are also plastidipped lol. Oh and my front bumper too. I just need to take more pictures of my truck
Paint and Plasti-dip aren't the same thing.

I think you should collect all the used up cans of Plasti-dip from the forum members to see how many times you could fill up your bed.
Old 06-03-2011, 08:29 PM   #9
Plastidipped ma Hootus!

kmok's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFA View Post
Finally
I thought it was about time too lol
Old 06-03-2011, 08:29 PM   #10
Plastidipped ma Hootus!

kmok's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker View Post
F'in sweet.

Can't wait to see them!
Hopefully you will like them when you see them tomorrow lol
Old 06-03-2011, 08:31 PM   #11
Plastidipped ma Hootus!

kmok's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Paint and Plasti-dip aren't the same thing.

I think you should collect all the used up cans of Plasti-dip from the forum members to see how many times you could fill up your bed.
Yes they are!

All those cans would fill so many Tacomas lol. I'll empty out the little bit in each can and I will have moar to spray on shit! :
Old 06-03-2011, 08:47 PM   #12
Plastidipped ma Hootus!

kmok's Tacoma Gallery
Herculined the cap I just bought last night

Also did my bed rails since I had a little left over from the cap

Old 06-03-2011, 08:50 PM   #13
Plastidipped ma Hootus!

kmok's Tacoma Gallery
Here's my Ultragauge setup and that switch where the clock is, is for my lights up front. Check out the 19.5 Average MPG lol

Old 06-04-2011, 12:26 AM   #14

A pic of Kyle's truck...

Taken from insidde my truck...
Attached Thumbnails
Kmok's Build-100_0547.jpg  
Old 06-04-2011, 12:29 AM   #15
Nightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Felipe
Nightstr's Tacoma Gallery
I want to see the cap on the truck.
Old 06-04-2011, 12:09 PM   #16
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Cool truck. I like where you're headed, but I'll never understand why anyone would choose to use Herculiner. I have never seen a Herculiner job that didn't look plain aweful. There is no way to get a good finish with that stuff and it fades and looks bad way too quickly.

Not trying to knock your truck because I honestly like it. I just hate Herculiner.

Carry on.
Old 06-04-2011, 12:13 PM   #17
Nuttier than squirrel shit.
BFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
BFA's Tacoma Gallery
i think you shoulda had the cap repainted
just my .02
Old 06-04-2011, 06:27 PM   #18
Plastidipped ma Hootus!

kmok's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightstr View Post
I want to see the cap on the truck.
I'll post a pic as soon as I get the stuff to secure it to the bed
Old 06-04-2011, 06:30 PM   #19
Plastidipped ma Hootus!

kmok's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Box Rocket View Post
Cool truck. I like where you're headed, but I'll never understand why anyone would choose to use Herculiner. I have never seen a Herculiner job that didn't look plain aweful. There is no way to get a good finish with that stuff and it fades and looks bad way too quickly.

Not trying to knock your truck because I honestly like it. I just hate Herculiner.

Carry on.
I have herculiner on my rocker panels too and it looks good imo, even though it has faded. It looks sort of like a flat black instead of a gloss black when it fades. If you mix and apply it right it will come out looking good and even.
Old 06-04-2011, 06:33 PM   #20
Plastidipped ma Hootus!

kmok's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFA View Post
i think you shoulda had the cap repainted
just my .02
I thought about that but I didn't want to spend a lot of money to fix it up. If I used the spray paint it probably wouldn't hold up well and wouldn't match very well. Getting it professionally repainted would be pretty expensive. The herculiner will basically match my rocker panels and it will be very durable. I thought through all my options before I herculined it and that seems like the best of all the options to me.