Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

SupraT's Build

Old 07-26-2011, 10:25 AM   #41
tired
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupraT View Post
I used a manual tube bender and that is as good as it gets with 1 1/4 gas pipe that has 1/4+ thick wall. For the first thing I have ever fabed that is that big I thought I did pretty good Found some caps today...

Don't take me wrong.....I'm all for building your own stuff so nice work on that! I was just making an observation on the bends and wondering how you did it, and then maybe making suggestions for improving the results for the next time.

Like I said before, they're better than nothing for sure. So go beat on them and if they don't hold up, you can build another set and try to make them better. Everyone is the same. I build stuff sometimes that I think is gonna rock but it doesn't live up to my expectations and I have to build it again. No biggie, just part of the process, and why it's fun to build your own stuff.
Old 07-26-2011, 02:27 PM   #42
Tacoma Lover
SupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
SupraT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Box Rocket View Post
Don't take me wrong.....I'm all for building your own stuff so nice work on that! I was just making an observation on the bends and wondering how you did it, and then maybe making suggestions for improving the results for the next time.

Like I said before, they're better than nothing for sure. So go beat on them and if they don't hold up, you can build another set and try to make them better. Everyone is the same. I build stuff sometimes that I think is gonna rock but it doesn't live up to my expectations and I have to build it again. No biggie, just part of the process, and why it's fun to build your own stuff.

I did learn alot just building those and there is a few things that I would like to do differently.. I see on your sig that you've fabed a few things, but no pics in your gallery? Got any ideas on a tire mount for the bed?
Old 07-26-2011, 02:50 PM   #43
My best is the truth, and u can't handle the truth
Glock is on a distinguished road

Name: Tyler
Glock's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Installed bumper lights, new headlights, painted grill and bumper.

Is there a reason you didn't paint the chrome on the bumper?
Old 07-26-2011, 02:55 PM   #44
Tacoma Lover
SupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SupraT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock View Post
Is there a reason you didn't paint the chrome on the bumper?

At the time my back one was still chrome but I have regreted not paiting it ever since but now I am waiting on a Relenless bumper so I'm not going to worry about it
Old 08-08-2011, 01:49 PM   #45
Tacoma Lover

SupraT's Tacoma Gallery
Update on what I did over this weekend. Fabbed up a bracket for my cruise control, changed upper and lower ball joints, new CV axels, new hiem bushings in the bottom of my coil overs, fixed my front t-case seal, rebuilt my locker actuator.
I have over heated twice( ounce it was barely in the red and yesterday I caught it before that) in the past two weeks do to blowing my fuse giong to my elec fans After doing some research today I found that this is a known problem from flex a lite and they have designed a variable speed controler that replaces the one that I have now so I ordered it today.

What I learned over the weekend was that a ball joint press is a big piece of shit( rented on for nothing) Ended up pulling the hole hub assy and beating it out
Old 08-08-2011, 02:57 PM   #46
Tacoma Lover

SupraT's Tacoma Gallery
A few new pics of my baby

Old 08-17-2011, 09:35 AM   #47
Tacoma Lover

SupraT's Tacoma Gallery

Over the weekend i pressure washed my pin striping and my TRD labels off not sure If I will be putting new TRD labels on?

Plans for this week are: Install sliders, install Ultra guage, change my rear diff out with Royal Purple, fab a couple brkts for mounting my high lift, and changing my battery terminals. More pics to come as I start to finish things..
Old 08-17-2011, 04:09 PM   #49
Tacoma Lover

SupraT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
What brand of Sliders you goin with man??

And check out Sockmonkeys TRD sticker stuff! Some great stuff in there

I made some there is a pic on the second page.
Old 08-17-2011, 06:05 PM   #50
Tacoma Lover

SupraT's Tacoma Gallery
Installed new battery terminals today.

The lugs came with clear shrink tube to make them water tight still have to go back and do that.
Old 08-17-2011, 06:09 PM   #52
Tacoma Lover

SupraT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by memario1214 View Post
Aaaaand how's the S/C run? You haven't really told us yet
I am not disappointed
Old 08-17-2011, 09:59 PM   #53
99tacosupreme has a spectacular aura about99tacosupreme has a spectacular aura about

Name: Kyle
99tacosupreme's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupraT View Post
I am not disappointed
Video please!
Old 09-29-2011, 08:54 AM   #55
Tacoma Lover

SupraT's Tacoma Gallery
Got my truck detailed yesterday Now its parked in the garage until I get a chance to pull the supercharger off to test out my knock sensors, got code PO330 going off and its making my truck run like shit.

Old 10-26-2011, 07:51 PM   #57
ColombianTaco97 is on a distinguished road
Name: JD
ColombianTaco97's Tacoma Gallery
hey man how did you painted that chrome grill.. i noe u used bed liner black sprayer but did u had to sand down that grill or u just painted right on top pf the chrome... i dont like chrome myself and painted my 97 taco grill black, it would make it look sick!!! thanks for the infoooo
Old 10-27-2011, 06:34 AM   #58
Tacoma Lover

SupraT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColombianTaco97 View Post
hey man how did you painted that chrome grill.. i noe u used bed liner black sprayer but did u had to sand down that grill or u just painted right on top pf the chrome... i dont like chrome myself and painted my 97 taco grill black, it would make it look sick!!! thanks for the infoooo

I sanded it down then cleaned it with brake cleaner before i bedlinered it.
Old 10-28-2011, 11:29 AM   #59
ColombianTaco97 is on a distinguished road
Name: JD
ColombianTaco97's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

hey man thanks for that info.. one more thing thou ; what numbers of grit paper did you use.. a litle bit of your info will def help broda!! thanks!
Old 10-31-2011, 02:59 PM   #60
Tacoma Lover

SupraT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColombianTaco97 View Post
hey man thanks for that info.. one more thing thou ; what numbers of grit paper did you use.. a litle bit of your info will def help broda!! thanks!

Depends on what your going to paint it with? If your just going bed liner like I did all you want to do is rough it up.