Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

TRDChris's Build

Old 06-10-2011, 08:01 PM   #1
TRDChris is a splendid one to beholdTRDChris is a splendid one to beholdTRDChris is a splendid one to beholdTRDChris is a splendid one to beholdTRDChris is a splendid one to beholdTRDChris is a splendid one to beholdTRDChris is a splendid one to behold

Name: Chris
TRDChris's Tacoma Gallery
TRDChris's Build

This is my 2001 5 lugger

Suspension mods
Front
Fabtech 3 inch spindles

Daystar 1.5 coil spacers

Rear
Fabtech shackles (2 inches)

Pro comp AAL (1.5 inches)
Pro comp es3000 shocks

Other Mods
Deck plate mod

H.I.D 6000k
turn signal/fog light mod
Goodyear wrangler tires (235/75/15)
Fog lights behind my grill
warrior tire carrier

Clear corners
AVS Window vent visors

As of today....

First thing I did was paint my stock rims black.. they were on 225/70/15 Hankook radials and upgraded to the good year wrangler radials 235/75/15

I upgraded my stock grill to a billet grill and I also got a trd emblem off eBay.

I like the eyelids on the 2nd gens and have always wanted some for my first gen although they don't make them for the first gen. I made my own out of carbon fiber vinyl...small but makes a difference.

I plastidipped the back bumper, grille surround, grille, bumper. and added the fog lights behind the grill. I got a little crazy with the plastidip

I tinted the my fogs yellow and I used heat resistant paint to do the muffler black

Installed dust light

Next came the spacer lift to get some height up in the front and even it up with the back. They're daystar 1.5 spacers. Thanks to Joel for installing them for me

Thanks Joel i owe you buddy

The result

...Then came the lift
Waiting for it felt like forever but it was well worth it

Results...
3 inch spindles in the front ( daystar spacers helped achieve more lift)

2 inch shackles in the rear

I installed a tire carrier by warrior products
Old 06-10-2011, 08:06 PM   #2
Styx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Ship Serviceman 3rd Class
Name: Terrance
Styx586's Tacoma Gallery
truck looks good... good idea ditching those other wheels. lol... i like the TRD patch on the headrest too. What was the reason for plastidipping the interior?
Old 06-10-2011, 08:09 PM   #3
TRDChris is a splendid one to beholdTRDChris is a splendid one to beholdTRDChris is a splendid one to beholdTRDChris is a splendid one to beholdTRDChris is a splendid one to beholdTRDChris is a splendid one to beholdTRDChris is a splendid one to behold

Thanks man appreciate that! I just wanted to try something different you know. I was tired of the same interior and I wanted some change! I want to black out the interior.
Old 07-19-2011, 12:01 PM   #4
Joels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to behold

Name: joel
Joels98taco's Tacoma Gallery
looks good man. i need money so so i can do some more stuff and start my build thread
Old 07-20-2011, 02:13 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joels98taco View Post
looks good man. i need money so so i can do some more stuff and start my build thread
Thanks a lot man and shop on ebay man you get alot of great stuff cheap there! your truck is coming along really good man you should make a build thread already
Old 07-20-2011, 09:15 PM   #6
Joels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to behold

maybe i will soon so are you picking up beefed taco's lift shackles?
Old 07-21-2011, 11:53 AM   #7

Quote:
maybe i will soon so are you picking up beefed taco's lift shackles?
Hey man what happened? did you find out what was wrong with your truck? I'm not sure yet? I'm considering it....
Old 07-21-2011, 10:20 PM   #8

my ball joints are basically done. boots are completely torn. just gotta grease them so they dont squeak till i can afford new ones haha
Old 07-25-2011, 10:05 AM   #9
awwwwww yeeeeeeeeahhhhh
mountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cory
mountainman94's Tacoma Gallery
lookin good man!
Old 07-25-2011, 05:33 PM   #10

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman94 View Post
lookin good man!
Thanks alot bud! Appreciate that
Old 07-26-2011, 12:55 AM   #12

Quote:
going to get lifted very soon
Hell yea!!! I cant wait bud so we can catch dirt
Old 07-26-2011, 08:57 PM   #13

i got a sick idea in my head right now ill tell you about it soon when i take measurements
Old 07-27-2011, 05:54 PM   #14

Quote:
i got a sick idea in my head right now ill tell you about it soon when i take measurements
dude!!! let me know asap I'm interested now.... im in the process of making a bike rack for my taco...just got a bike!
Old 07-27-2011, 08:48 PM   #15

ill text you about it lol what kind of bike?
Old 07-28-2011, 12:26 AM   #16

Quote:
ill text you about it lol what kind of bike?
What happened man lol? It's a mongoose mountain bike
Old 12-19-2011, 12:18 AM   #19

As soon as I install the lift and get wheels and tires which should be soon