Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

My 2003 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner Build

Old 06-21-2011, 02:16 PM   #1
xtyharvey is on a distinguished road

xtyharvey's Tacoma Gallery
My 2003 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner Build

Finally decided to make a build thread, here we gooooo
The only known picture of my truck before I started fixing her up, stock everything except for my bro fenders haha

The best looking meal to ever be on my table

All bolted up, with the necessary beer can

Front end all done, Dad and I built a bumper and installed some KC Daylighters

Got rid of the 4.5 inch fenders and put on 6 inch ones to fill out the front end

Time for the rear end build

Fenders painted to match, rear end done, AFE Air Filter, Full Flowmaster Exhaust, all set to Pre-run and Chase for the 2010 Mint 400

More to come....
Old 06-21-2011, 02:18 PM   #2
Styx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Petty Officer
Name: Terrance
Styx586's Tacoma Gallery
nice truck... thats a badass front end setup. u got any pics without the trailer on there?
Old 06-21-2011, 02:21 PM   #3
ERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
ERIC's Tacoma Gallery
Sick truck. I like how you set up the rear so you dont have to cut into the bed. How much rear travel do you get with a set up like that?
Old 06-21-2011, 06:05 PM   #4
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck. Im wondering the same thing as above. How did you get the shocks to fit outside the frame without a T100 axle?
Old 06-21-2011, 06:08 PM   #5
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Aha not SUA. those are lifted but still above the axle.

Old 06-21-2011, 06:19 PM   #6
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
i think those shock hoops are solo motorsports, or they are custom and very similar

the shock is a 2.0"... fits on stock axle, but space is very tight

nice looking truck harvey
Old 06-21-2011, 10:21 PM   #7

Thanks guys, more pictures and videos soon.
But yeah those hoops were built in like 10 minutes by my dad and I haha
The rear is strapped at 12.
Old 06-23-2011, 12:05 PM   #8

Taco got a mustache, as well as 9in HID's on the way
Old 06-23-2011, 01:41 PM   #10
your TW web developer!
rondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ronnie
rondog's Tacoma Gallery
verrr nice
Old 06-25-2011, 09:34 PM   #11
Mr. President
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TeamSarcasm
nice build, i like how you still have a bed as well
Old 07-08-2011, 03:33 PM   #12

9in. HIDS got here today, gotta go aim them tonight =]

Old 07-08-2011, 05:35 PM   #13
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pro comps?
Old 07-08-2011, 07:08 PM   #14
StampedePasser is on a distinguished road

Name: Eric
StampedePasser's Tacoma Gallery
That is a mean stance!!
Old 07-08-2011, 07:13 PM   #15
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Where are your corner lights?
Old 07-08-2011, 07:32 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacountryboy-IXI View Post
Where are your corner lights?
most people ditch them when the install fiberglass fenders... they are just going to fall out and break once the stock metal is gone
Old 07-09-2011, 06:30 PM   #17

Yeah, theyre pro comps and amazingly bright haha I broke my first pair of corner lights when I blew a turn, i have new ones sitting here I'm just to lazy to put them in and brace everything.
Old 07-09-2011, 06:40 PM   #19
jeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: BM3 1st Div.
Name: Jeff
jeff b's Tacoma Gallery
Nicely done and time for me to get HIDS!
Old 09-21-2011, 10:49 AM   #20
Livin' the taco life
jcemitte is on a distinguished road

Name: Jake
jcemitte's Tacoma Gallery
that video was coooooool. looks like to much fun

as far as your trailer with your buggy on it, do you think you could turn the buggy the other way to reduce the tounge wieght so you not super saggy? im sure you had a reason i was just curious. it probably doesnt matter with you gnarley ass suspension lol