LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Drifter - 99 PreRunner Reg. Cab Build

Old 07-13-2011, 12:38 PM   #1
moderately modded
drifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant future

Name: Sam
drifter's Tacoma Gallery
Post 99 Tacoma PreRunner Build

All right, I got my truck around August 2009. It's a 1999 4 cylinder standard cab PreRunner.

This is about how it sat for a year and a half of so.

Ok...
Mods/stuff so far:
31" Adventuro A/T II's
2.5 inch hole in air box
Tool Box
Maglight Mount/other interior accessories
Plasti Dip
OME 880's and front NitroChargers
Diff breather extension
Rebuilt leaf pack lift!
Custom built light bar w/2 Hella 500's
Glasstite conopy
31" Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armors.
BPV valve extension
Custom sway bar disconnects
Gauge cluster light swap
Satoshi mod

Mods to come (hopefully)...
longer rear shocks
rear bumper

After a month or so I got some new tires: Adventuro A/T II's

In the summer of 2010 I bought a tool box for the bed
Also a few stickers here and there...

Did the Maglight mod

Stuck on a recovery shackle. You can see my shot struts in the background. One of them started leaking

Found out about Plasti-Dip and did the grill, emblem, and accents? etc.

Finally, in June 2011 I got some OME NitroChargers and 880's installed. They gave the front end ~1.75 inches of lift. I went with 880's instead of 881's because I didn't want to have to worry about alignment issues. It looked like they would give about 2.5 inches of lift, and around that height some people said there could be issues with alignment so I went with the 880's.

^^ Yes the truck is lifted in that pic ^^ I need to get better pics up though.

Did the diff breather extension mod (finally )

Lifted the back end ~2 inches! We rebuilt the old leaf packs by removing one of the old leaves, and replacing it with two leaves from some other vehicles. It lifted the back end at least 2 inches, and gave a positive arch to my leaf packs

Custom built light bar

Put my canopy on for the winter. The canopy came on the truck when I bought it. I need the toolbox to hold my gear so I strapped it along the edge of the bed.

Flexing the front OME w/swaybar removed:

Had to get new tires so I got the Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armors:

Built some sway bar disconnects:

Swapped out the pea green gauge cluster lights for some blue LED's:

Did the satoshi mod:

Cut some emblems out of aluminum on a cnc plasma cutter:

Thanks for checking out my build more pics to come in the future
Old 09-03-2011, 11:58 PM   #2
moderately modded
drifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant future

drifter's Tacoma Gallery
Ok, I updated the original post with pics etc of my rear lift and diff extension
Old 09-17-2011, 01:19 AM   #3
moderately modded

drifter's Tacoma Gallery
Added custom light bar pics
Old 11-18-2011, 10:34 PM   #4
moderately modded

drifter's Tacoma Gallery
Added more info and pics to the original post
Old 05-11-2013, 08:00 PM   #5
moderately modded

drifter's Tacoma Gallery
More info and pics added to the original post

Old 05-12-2013, 01:30 AM   #6
NW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NW4RUNNER's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck man. Looks bad ass. 143K...still a ton of fun left.