Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Two-tone paint - to be or not to be?

Old 07-25-2011, 07:54 PM   #1
Boerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: (South Africa) Mechanized Infantry. 1 SAI Btn
Name: Ferdie
Boerseun's Tacoma Gallery
Question Two-tone paint - to be or not to be?

My 02 double cab is silver. I like the look of 2-tone with metalic gray at bottom and also same gray bumpers and wheel flares. I see a lot of Ford F-150 and F-250 2-tone trucks, and thought it might look good on my Tacoma, but since I don't see any others do it, I wonder if others think it looks cheezy or something.
How do you all feel about 2-tone? I am also not sure if it is a good idea to paint the plastic valance. I know a lot of bumpers nowadays are plastic, but I don't want to paint it if the paint won't stick.