Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Taco Me Elmo 2002 Black on Black Build thread.

Old 07-28-2011, 12:00 AM   #21
aka Senor Tacorojo
EL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: CORY
EL ROJO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco me elmo View Post
Added more pics, Going to be installing a few things this weekend I hope, if all goes well.

Rear Icon shocks with resi.
Wheelers offroad greasable longer shackles.
Removal of rear overload springs.
Rear steel braided brake line.

In a few weeks, Rear bedsides from Glassworks Unlimited.

In a month or so, Front and rear tube bumpers.
So is full long travel in ur trucks future?
Old 07-28-2011, 12:04 AM   #22
Who needs roads?
Taco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Micah
Taco me elmo's Tacoma Gallery
Not 100% on long travel just yet, this is still my daily driver.

I was thinking a full mid travel setup for now and see where it goes.
Old 07-29-2011, 07:46 AM   #23
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
hey dude sweet looking truck!

long travel in the future?

EDIT: my bad didnt see there was a second page. just long travel it!
Old 08-04-2011, 10:37 PM   #26
Who needs roads?
Taco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Monday the bedsides go on.

I will most def post pics of that gnarly install.

Who makes a good simple rear bumper?

If I cant find anything I will have Speed Freak make me one.
Old 08-04-2011, 10:49 PM   #27
E-Fabber
Anthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
Anthony250's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Monday the bedsides go on.

I will most def post pics of that gnarly install.

Who makes a good simple rear bumper?

If I cant find anything I will have Speed Freak make me one.
Yeah dont go find one , just have one custom made.
Old 08-13-2011, 12:39 AM   #29
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
You probably have one of the cleanest tacomas I have ever seen. Keep up the work taco me elmo. lol
Old 08-13-2011, 01:27 AM   #30
aka Senor Tacorojo
EL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: CORY
EL ROJO's Tacoma Gallery
Looking good yo! Minus fenders our truck have a very similar setup. Have u romped on those icons yet? I love mine! R those lil bed stiffeners where tailgate goes custom or who made em? Thinking bout throwing.g some on mine so I can leave tailgate off for wheeling.
Old 08-13-2011, 03:43 AM   #31
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Bed sides are on.

Wow, the bed came out great!

I like the idea of no tailgate and rear bumper, looks really clean!
Old 08-13-2011, 06:09 AM   #32
Who needs roads?

The bed brace a ma bobber thinga ma doo hickies were a creation of Jason Speed freak as he installed the rear glass, They turned out great.

They are welded and bent for extra stability.

I am going to run a rear tube bumper soon but in the meantime I pulled the gate and stock stuff off, I chirp the tires a little easier for now though so thats the down side, I must have removed 60-75 lbs back there.
Old 08-13-2011, 06:14 AM   #33
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The bed brace a ma bobber thinga ma doo hickies were a creation of Jason Speed freak as he installed the rear glass, They turned out great.

They are welded and bent for extra stability.

I am going to run a rear tube bumper soon but in the meantime I pulled the gate and stock stuff off, I chirp the tires a little easier for now though so thats the down side, I must have removed 60-75 lbs back there.
That's just the V-tec bro.

Old 08-15-2011, 10:56 PM   #35
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Definately a tough truck! I like those gator flares. Very cool Tacoma neat bike too-years ago I had a Mount Fuji LTD-miss that one. I just bought a KHS Urban Xpress 24-speed for some therapeutic excercise you obviously do some serious trail riding. Good for you man-enjoy the ride!
Old 08-16-2011, 08:00 AM   #36
tacomazach has a spectacular aura abouttacomazach has a spectacular aura about

Name: Zach
tacomazach's Tacoma Gallery
Hey man, do you have any details on the electric fan? Eventually I want to get one for my truck
Old 08-16-2011, 08:22 AM   #37
Who needs roads?

The fans were actually a pretty good investment, I ordered a bunch of stuff from LCengineering at once back in 09 and this was part of the goodies bunch.

They were kind of a pain to install as they are a universal to all Tacoma fit and the old fan and shrouds had to come off.

http://www.toyotacatalog.net/M1WebGe...1-D66950A56CC0

Old 08-18-2011, 05:36 PM   #38
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: A1C
Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
I really like your truck, I want your suspension setup! lol
Old 08-18-2011, 05:46 PM   #39
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
great looking truck man!

for the sake of argument though... your CO's are extended travel, not long travel...
Old 08-18-2011, 05:47 PM   #40
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: A1C
Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
great looking truck man!

for the sake of argument though... your CO's are extended travel, not long travel...
Rude... haha jk he did say he wanted a mid travel though