Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Taco Me Elmo 2002 Black on Black Build thread.

Old 07-25-2011, 09:05 PM   #1
Who needs roads?
Taco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Micah
Taco me elmo's Tacoma Gallery
Taco Me Elmo 2002 Black on Black Build thread.

As it sits April 27th 2014.
New stuff, had 2 light tabs welded on thr front for rigid duallies

Had a new rear bumper made with a flip down hidden hitch.

Also had mud flaps added in the rear so johnny law stays off my case.

Bought the truck new in June 2009 with 110k miles and only one previous owner.

Truck was BONE stock with only like 2 light scratches on the entire thing and some paint wear on the roof from wiper fluid.

Less than 2 weeks after buying it I got new tires and a mild lift kit and new shocks including Bilstien 5100 up front set at the tallest setting and some KYB mono max rear shocks, Alpine stero, Viper alarm and a URD short shifter.

I didnt start anything major on it till summer of 2011

Here are some progress pics from oldest to newest.

Now the installed Goodies.
Hella micro fogs under main tube bar up front.
Fox front coil overs with Total Chaos UCA
Total Chaos Spindle gussets
Clevis mounts for 7 inch limit straps.
Icon rear shocks with resi, Deaver J59 - 8 pack.
AEM brute force intake, Doug thorley Headers and custom 18 inch Magnaflow muffler.
Glassworks unlimited 4.5 flare 3 inch rise front glass, 3.5 flare 3 inch rise rear glass.
Vinyl wrapped hood and roof
American racing Chamber Telfon 16x8 rins with 265/75/16 BFG Mud terrain KM2 and 2 full size spare with 265/75/16 BFG All terrain
High lift jack mounted to rear bumper.
Red energy suspension urethane body mounts.
Brian (Beefed Taco) Front tube bumper, Rear bumper and tire carrier.
Tyler (socalduckslayer) Low pro sliders and bike rack.
Frame plate re enforcement
full tint all around with strip on windshield.
In channel vent visors.
Uniden CB
Diff breather mod
BPF relocate.
Ultra gauge.
7 inch limit straps.

Bed cage for 2.0 10 inch fox smoothies with RR And tire carrier.

LOL one side is brushed aluminum and the other is chrome, One of the aluminum ones was trashed and wouldn't thread so DSMS traded me for the old parts.

2.5 10 inch bypass is next.

Old 07-25-2011, 09:11 PM   #2
Styx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Petty Officer
Name: Terrance
Styx586's Tacoma Gallery
Great looking truck bro... If only I had the money to put into my truck like that. Nice job...
Old 07-27-2011, 12:08 AM   #7
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
More boar wants moar
Old 07-27-2011, 12:28 AM   #9
Who needs roads?
Taco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thanks, You were one of the first to ride in it when I bought it.. looks a little different now hahah
Old 07-27-2011, 10:15 PM   #11
Who needs roads?

Added more pics, Going to be installing a few things this weekend I hope, if all goes well.

Rear Icon shocks with resi.
Wheelers offroad greasable longer shackles.
Removal of rear overload springs.
Rear steel braided brake line.

In a few weeks, Rear bedsides from Glassworks Unlimited.

In a month or so, Front and rear tube bumpers.
Old 07-27-2011, 10:58 PM   #12
E-Fabber
Anthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
Anthony250's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great! Just my luck i cant find nobody with glassworks fenders for sale. , just one person a member on here but hes not sure if he wants to sell, im doing my best convincing.
Old 07-27-2011, 11:00 PM   #13
Who needs roads?

Once all body work and bumpers are done, it's going to get a new paint make over. All black... not sure if I want to go flat black like the hot rods or BSP again..
Old 07-27-2011, 11:01 PM   #14
Mr. President
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TeamSarcasm
looks good man!
Old 07-27-2011, 11:08 PM   #15
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
I like that truck! I Don't say that often. Your truck does the 1st-gen proud. I would love to know what a difference those headers made if any.
Old 07-27-2011, 11:11 PM   #16
Who needs roads?

They were my first step to prep the motor for the Super charger I have yet to find .. haha

They made it a little louder and a little more snappier climbing RPM's.

I tried to change the front O2 sensor and broke the mounts so a set of headers were actually cheaper than a stock replacement manifold.

Could have always welded but.. it was an excuse haha
Old 07-27-2011, 11:19 PM   #17
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco me elmo View Post
They were my first step to prep the motor for the Super charger I have yet to find .. haha

They made it a little louder and a little more snappier climbing RPM's.

I tried to change the front O2 sensor and broke the mounts so a set of headers were actually cheaper than a stock replacement manifold.

Could have always welded but.. it was an excuse haha
Well they just add coolness to that truck-I sure wouldn't mind them on my truck-your build gets me thinking. Thanks for sharing the process!
Old 07-27-2011, 11:33 PM   #19
E-Fabber
Anthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
Anthony250's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco me elmo View Post
I was inspired by other builds so I am glad I can do the same.
Look for ThomasTheTrain on here his truck looks similar. hahah