Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

97 tacoma build (ideas and advice)

Old 07-26-2011, 07:48 PM   #1
Tacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
Tacoma mud's Tacoma Gallery
Arrow 97 tacoma build (ideas and advice)

So heres what i got so far:
Traction bars w/ mounting kit- 500
Xenon fender flares front/rear - 400
Bushwaker 400
Warn fender flares 350
K&N air filter 300
33x13.5x16-9 super swamper ltb- 250
33x12.5x16.5 super swamper tsl- 315
33x12.5x16 super swamper trxus- 300

Westin Bullbar- 300
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bilstein 5100 shocks with toytec coilover (front) 600 3"
Ultimate tacoma lift with bilstein shocks front/rear 1400 3"
Old man emu tacoma lift HD front/rear 950 3"

At everything it comes out to 3000$, is that cheap and am i missing anything??? This is just exterior so no interior advice/ideas. Could you tell me which of the wheels/flares/lifts are the better out of the bunch or if their is a better could you list that???
Old 07-28-2011, 07:56 AM   #2
98ToyWheeler is on a distinguished road
Name: Tyler
98ToyWheeler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma mud View Post
Bushwaker 400
Warn fender flares 350
K&N air filter 300

Westin Bullbar- 300

At everything it comes out to 3000$, is that cheap and am i missing anything??? This is just exterior so no interior advice/ideas. Could you tell me which of the wheels/flares/lifts are the better out of the bunch or if their is a better could you list that???
What kind of air filter are you planning on getting for 300?!
Old 07-28-2011, 08:23 AM   #3
Tacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

The k&n one from 4wheelparts
Old 07-28-2011, 08:33 AM   #4

Yea i just checked its 275 and the stores close to my house so no s&h

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Performan...ormal&EngVin=N
Old 07-28-2011, 08:48 AM   #5
KBToyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedKBToyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedKBToyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedKBToyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedKBToyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedKBToyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedKBToyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedKBToyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedKBToyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedKBToyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedKBToyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sgt (DD-214), 3d Marine Division
Name: Kurt
KBToyota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma mud View Post
Bushwaker 400
Warn fender flares 350
K&N air filter 300

Westin Bullbar- 300

Lift - OME springs and shocks with new rear leafs.
traction bars - Skip what for
Fender flares - ehh to each his own but I would skip
Air filter - Skip, doest add power, only adds dirt into engine
Tires - Unless your in the mud all day everyday Good year MTR would be cheaper
Westin bull bar - JUNK!! get a real custom bumber from relentless with the $$ saved from the K&N
Old 07-28-2011, 09:49 AM   #6

So i dont need the traction bar and i dont really want a huge front bumber/ guard

Should i just do that mod to the air filter or just leave it alone, and yea ill probably be in the mud alot so tires are a must
Old 07-28-2011, 10:49 AM   #7
KBToyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedKBToyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedKBToyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedKBToyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedKBToyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedKBToyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedKBToyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedKBToyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedKBToyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedKBToyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedKBToyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sgt (DD-214), 3d Marine Division
Name: Kurt
KBToyota's Tacoma Gallery
Do the deck plate mod with a toyota filter. http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...-question.html its claimed to be the most effective.
Old 07-28-2011, 11:09 AM   #8

Yea ive seen it on a couple builds, thanks for the help