Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

98ToyWheeler's Low Budget Build

Old 07-27-2011, 12:39 PM   #1
98ToyWheeler is on a distinguished road
Name: Tyler
98ToyWheeler's Tacoma Gallery
Arrow 98ToyWheeler's Low Budget Build

Just starting my build, please let me know what you think. Any suggestions are also welcome

Currents Mods
-Stereo-Jvc head unit (kw-xr810), Polk audio (DXi 650), Pioneer (TS-G1643R)
-Fixed Window strip
-Tool box
-Plasti Dipped Grill, Emblems, Bumpers, Fender Flares
-Stickers
-Phython Alarm, Keyless entry
-Tinted Windows
-Bed Liner

Mods in progress:
.... Im broke

Mods to come:
-Dark headlights
-Black tail lights
-Dark Corner lights
-Lift
-New Wheels

How she sits now

Grill, Bumpers

(after first coat)

Emblems

Tool Box

Stereo:

(Sub not pictured yet)
Old 07-27-2011, 01:50 PM   #2
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
sweet truck dude
Old 07-27-2011, 01:56 PM   #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97yota4wd View Post
sweet truck dude
Thanks, Just started so I don't really have anything done yet.. Hoping to get a bunch of mods done by around November.
Old 07-27-2011, 02:36 PM   #4
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
its a never ending list buddy hopefully my list will end close to 10k from now!
Old 07-27-2011, 03:36 PM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97yota4wd View Post
its a never ending list buddy hopefully my list will end close to 10k from now!
Well im on a tight budget, so unfortunately the list does end for me.
Old 07-27-2011, 04:03 PM   #6
Newb
ERG80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedERG80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedERG80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedERG80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedERG80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedERG80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedERG80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedERG80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedERG80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedERG80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedERG80 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ERG80's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98ToyWheeler View Post
Just starting my build, please let me know what you think. Any suggestions are also welcome

Currents Mods
Stereo-Jvc head unit (kw-xr810), Polk audio (DXi 650), Pioneer (TS-G1643R)
-Fixed Window strip
-Tool box
-Plasti Dip Grill
-Stickers

Emblems

Tool Box

Stereo:

Nice truck. I mounted the same radio in my Cruiser and it has been fantastic so far. Are you going to use the USB port on the front of the radio for your bluetooth interface or use the wire and put it someplace else?
Old 07-28-2011, 07:26 AM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ERG80 View Post
Nice truck. I mounted the same radio in my Cruiser and it has been fantastic so far. Are you going to use the USB port on the front of the radio for your bluetooth interface or use the wire and put it someplace else?
Right now im using the AUX cable, or the bluetooth that is built into the radio to play the music off my phone, and have the "usb wire"(dont know what that is called) running into my glove box.
Old 07-28-2011, 08:27 AM   #8
Tacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
Tacoma mud's Tacoma Gallery
What kind of glue are you gonna use to stick the emblems back on???
Old 07-28-2011, 02:20 PM   #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma mud View Post
What kind of glue are you gonna use to stick the emblems back on???
I am either going to use double sided tape or some sort of glue. I have not decided yet. Probably going to go with double sided tape though.
Old 07-28-2011, 02:22 PM   #10
Tacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I think im just gonna plasti dip mine, save me all the trouble
Old 07-28-2011, 04:24 PM   #11
I'll let you know how it is when I put mine back on, might do it tonight or tomorrow.
Old 07-28-2011, 05:36 PM   #12

Alright when you do, post some pics
Old 07-28-2011, 07:01 PM   #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma mud View Post
Alright when you do, post some pics
Will do. I had to put another coat on, so I will post them tomorrow when I put them on.
Old 07-30-2011, 08:28 PM   #14
trdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

trdracing5's Tacoma Gallery
So give us a review of the JVC KW-XR810. I have been waiting for someone to install one of these and give me some feedback. I am particularly interested in how well the unit works with an Ipod.
Old 09-04-2011, 05:05 PM   #15
Painting my bumpers next weekend, and doing my rims the weekend after that. Any suggestions let me know!
Old 11-30-2011, 06:00 PM   #16
TACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
TACOMABOSS's Tacoma Gallery
nice dude! ive been looking for a picture of that stereo in a 1st gen for a while. now im going to go buy one
Old 11-30-2011, 06:45 PM   #17
TACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by trdracing5 View Post
So give us a review of the JVC KW-XR810. I have been waiting for someone to install one of these and give me some feedback. I am particularly interested in how well the unit works with an Ipod.
X2
Old 12-15-2011, 05:42 PM   #18
homer96 is on a distinguished road

Name: Josh...or Homer
homer96's Tacoma Gallery
Did your polk speakers fit in the door panel or did you have to cut them out?
Old 12-18-2011, 02:02 PM   #19
Quote:
Originally Posted by homer96 View Post
Did your polk speakers fit in the door panel or did you have to cut them out?
They fit without cutting
Old 12-26-2011, 08:42 PM   #20
Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by trdracing5 View Post
I just got the same stereo. really nice, I have an iphone and id say the ipod/iphone capability is quite nice and easy to use