Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

TacoSid138...gettng ready for DEATH

Old 07-29-2011, 07:35 PM   #1
TacoSID138 is a jewel in the roughTacoSID138 is a jewel in the roughTacoSID138 is a jewel in the rough

EMS:
Name: steven
TacoSID138's Tacoma Gallery
TacoSid138...gettng ready for DEATH build

Since im near to getting my lift gathered/put on, i thought id make a build. I have a 04 auto DEATH PreRunner. upgraded from this.......
A 98 corolla. was my first car and 118k and was running strong. awesome first car, drove the shit out of it. was a b-day gift from my old man. loved that car.

Then i bought Sid.
first week of having him. came with 69314k miles.
already taking it to "E" ive always been like that.

lucikly i got it with this wheel/tire combo
285/75r16 saved me some money there.

Then i stumbled upon the great TW! i then had to start doing mods once i saw the awesome trucks one here.

started with a simple DANZIG sticker.

My dad got me a K&N drop in filter for my b-day, witch goes great with my deck plate mod!

I only park in DEATH spots!!
just kidding, only once in a while

So i check out my skid plate......... whoever used to do the oil changes made a huge ass mess, the thing was stained with oil. so i decided to take it off and paint it black along with the front emblem.
used a degreaser to clean it off as much i could, the used flat black.

my rear is currently stock.
and the front came with some weird spacer i never seen, i think its 2.5

I liked tinted tails, but didnt not want to spend a lot of cash doing it. so i saw a thread for the 2nd gens, and gave it a try.

This is how my truck sits as of now.

I decided on a 3inch lift for the front with the 5100s and eibachs. and 3+inch lift in the rear with AP Expd. leafs, 5150s, and 1.5 AP shackles. Ive been gathering parts slowly at a time soince im not ritch.......

im just waiting on the 5100 struts and U bolts, witch wheelers just called saying its shipping out today!

The only money i need to drop, lift wise is a alignment, the labor to assemble the struts, and a new jack. i would love to have everything on by the end of August, so will see what happens. ima be installing all this along with my dad, so ill be saving a grip of money on that.

To be continued...................
Old 07-29-2011, 10:09 PM   #2
xfrankx is on a distinguished road
xfrankx's Tacoma Gallery
man this is exactly what i want. keep up the good work. thing is lookin tough
Old 07-30-2011, 03:27 AM   #4
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Give me your wheels and tires, now!
Old 07-30-2011, 07:39 AM   #5
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Murdered Tacos are multiplying.
Nice truck!
Old 07-30-2011, 07:40 AM   #6
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jberry813 View Post
Nice truck!
You guys all copied mine.
Old 07-30-2011, 08:02 AM   #7
More Cowbell!
VooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Carter Ivey
VooDoo's Tacoma Gallery
love the wheel/tire setup. Sub'd for lift pics!!

I lol'd at the death parking spot
Old 07-30-2011, 01:16 PM   #8
TacoSID138 is a jewel in the roughTacoSID138 is a jewel in the roughTacoSID138 is a jewel in the rough

EMS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by xfrankx View Post
man this is exactly what i want. keep up the good work. thing is lookin tough
thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomadude89 View Post
Nice truck, and great future lift set up you got there!

Keep us updated!
thanks, i will
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacountryboy-IXI View Post
Give me your wheels and tires, now!
NEVER! hahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by jberry813 View Post
Nice truck!
haha thanks man, ive been checking out your build. that shit is awesome!! if i had the money id go LT. maybe sometime down the road.

Quote:
You guys all copied mine.
hahaha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDoo View Post
love the wheel/tire setup. Sub'd for lift pics!!

I lol'd at the death parking spot
lol thanks. i thought it was pretty cool.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:10 PM   #9

EMS:
osoi got my 5100s today and i just had to assmlbe them myself. was original going to go to a shop and get them done, but i didnt want to spend the cash nor the money.

i feel very accomplished, i was able to do them on my own. this was a first for me.
Old 08-07-2011, 05:41 PM   #10
uscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: AMT3 kodiak 60T jayhawks
Name: coby
uscg2008's Tacoma Gallery
looks good man!! more pics
Old 08-07-2011, 05:47 PM   #11
Cheyenne Trail Crew
AlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 37th Helicopter Squadron
Name: Adam
AlphaEcho2k5's Tacoma Gallery
Nice build and awesome "upgrade".
Old 08-08-2011, 02:56 PM   #12

EMS:
thanks guys. i put the lift on this weekend, took a few pics. just to lazy to get them up on here. will do tomorrow. the rear is higher than the front, slight rake. but im pleased on the stance.
Old 08-08-2011, 02:57 PM   #13
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
The springs will settle quite a bit. Throw some shit in the bed of your truck and DRIVE. Go down to home depot and buy a few backs of concrete, and then return them in a week.
Old 08-13-2011, 01:28 PM   #14

EMS:
thanks guys. i dont mind the rake look. the drive is better. feels like a truck now. so i finally had sometime to upload the pics up on here. the install was some what easy
Old 08-13-2011, 01:57 PM   #15

EMS:
so hear is the truck on jack stand. did the the day before we did the install. my dad helped me a lot with the install. was a pretty good birthday present.
sprayed the bolts with WD40. all bolts came off pretty easy.

we first did the drivers side leaf, it was a pain. we finally got the bolts to line up with the front eye. the passenger side was a lot easier once we got it figured out.

i wanted to get rid of my big hub caps so i decided to paint the rear drum hubs and the front hubs with flat black. then gave a few coats with some gloss. i liek the look wayy better now without the hub caps.

so we got the leafs on and the shackles.

so now the leafs and shackles are set, we put the rear shocks on. it sucked becasue we forgot the washer on the bottom so we had to take it off. after a while you loose your mind a bit.

so now the rear is set!
its a big difference from when the rear was stock.

so the next day we went for the front. FAIL!! we couyldnt get the bolt to line up witht the bottom eyes. we disconnected the sway bar, and tried for the UCA. but that didnt happen. we tried for little over a half hour trying to figure it out. decided to take it to the shop down the street from my house.

long story short, we took of the spacer on the passenger side just so it was easier to put back on the truck . sp the driver side has the spacer on still since we didnt toucht hat side. take it to the shop, show the guy the struts/coils i have. so he says he can do it. walk back home, get a call saying im missing a spacer for the passenger side. told him we took it off case it was easier to put back on. he tells me he put it back on the drivers side with the eibachs. im like shit, come on. so i tell him how i need that spacer off. i assumed since he does this shit for a living he knows not to do that, guess it was my bad to for not telling him about it from the start. so i had to wait a few more hours. go back and pick my truck up and i love it. finally got eveything done. here is the final result.

havent got any better pics yet. heres a shot of the front.

Old 09-05-2011, 03:13 PM   #16
Über Posre
Slodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Silas
Slodgetto's Tacoma Gallery
Nice. You thinking about getting the u-bolt flip kit in the future?
Old 09-05-2011, 03:35 PM   #17
Whyareyoureadingthis?

I'll tell you a trick that Cmack told me about getting the front struts in. I had the same troubles you did and using this trick took ten minutes to install with the coils.

Don't disconnect anything, leave the upper control arm intact. Simply loosen your three top nuts, then loosen the bottom bolt. When you re-install, slide the strut in place and snug up your top nuts so the strut won't fall out. Then place a bottle jack in between the uca and wheel well to push the uca down and give clearance for the strut. The bottom bolt will slide right in and once tightening up the top nuts and bottom bolt you're done. It takes ten minutes and you don't have to mess with anything but the strut itself.
Old 09-05-2011, 04:01 PM   #18
Über Posre
Slodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Silas
Slodgetto's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'll tell you a trick that Cmack told me about getting the front struts in. I had the same troubles you did and using this trick took ten minutes to install with the coils.

Don't disconnect anything, leave the upper control arm intact. Simply loosen your three top nuts, then loosen the bottom bolt. When you re-install, slide the strut in place and snug up your top nuts so the strut won't fall out. Then place a bottle jack in between the uca and wheel well to push the uca down and give clearance for the strut. The bottom bolt will slide right in and once tightening up the top nuts and bottom bolt you're done. It takes ten minutes and you don't have to mess with anything but the strut itself.
Good tip.

Whe I did mine, I had a hard time with the getting the UCA balljoint out so I took of the 4 bolts on the LCA (A-arm) and used a bottle jack to hold it down in the right spot. Piece o' cake to get the strut in.
Old 09-05-2011, 04:07 PM   #19
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Lookin good! That's the rear setup I'm going for in a bit. Make sure you go wheel a bit to break it all in

The front is gonna ride high for awhile, until it settles (hence the wheeling) Try check out the CV Boot Slide Mod thread... The eibach's they give a lot of lift without plate bumpers, so several members (me included) have had CV boot ruptures before they settled.