Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

SCSPerformance - 200k+ miles and still modding build

Old 10-30-2011, 12:28 PM   #21
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Damn your Taco is the same year as my 4Runner and has 100,000 more miles!

Looks good.
Old 10-30-2011, 12:42 PM   #22
Stealth Custom Series™
SCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Vin
SCSPerformance's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekabraham View Post
Damn your Taco is the same year as my 4Runner and has 100,000 more miles!

Looks good.
these engines are durable and trouble free. i just wish it had more power. my work is a lot closer nowadays, but i'm at ~230k miles.
Old 11-23-2011, 08:25 PM   #24
Stealth Custom Series™
SCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I finally did it!!! After accumulating a bunch of parts over the last couple of months, I finally got down and dirty over the weekend to install the lift. Special thanks to my brother for helping with everything.

Unfortunately, I did not have my digital slr at the time so I had to use the good ole point and shoot camera.

Lift setup:
- Eibach lift springs
- Bilstein 5100 front struts
- Bilstein 5150 8.5" rear shocks
- 2" Wheeler aal
- Wheeler rear extended brake line
- Toytec differential drop
- BAMF BPV bracket
- Energy Suspension 4.5" bump stop

The front setup went in pretty quick since we had power tools. We did the driver side first with the Billys set at 0. Once the truck was lowered, I took a quick measurement and it seemed like I only got 2.5" of lift so I was a little stumped.

I then decided to see how it would look on the passenger side if we set the Billys on the middle setting. I know, I know.

The angle is pretty steep, but damn did it look good. Now my measurements shows that it's close to 4" up front. So we took out the driver side and matched it up. I couldn't resist the extra lift. We tackled the rear and installed the 2" aal, rear bump stops, rear brake line, but I forgot to snaps some pics along the way. It was getting dark by then anyways.

More pics to come soon to show you guys how it looks with the 2" aal. It does ride a little stiff, but better than my stock setup. I'm sure if the Billys were set at 0 it would soften up the front end a little. I'm going to drive it like this for a week and then decided to either leave it in the middle setting or drop it back down to 0.

Now I wished I would have gotten 285/70/17 instead of 265/70/17.
Old 11-23-2011, 08:33 PM   #25
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bad Vin!!

You take those shocks off right now and install them correctly! You will KILL your CVs in days with that much lift. They are made to only be on the 0'' setting man. It even looks like you got over 3'' of lift with it on 0 so..idk why you didn't like it that high..

Trust me man..your just setting up your truck for some MAJOR pain.

Do it right..or don't do it at all...

The tires will help tho once you get them.

Other then that. Can't wait to see more pics as i pretty much provided 1/4 of this lift lol

but please!!!! Put the Eibachs on right..
Old 11-23-2011, 10:23 PM   #26
Stealth Custom Series™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post

Bad Vin!!
LOL, how did I know you were going to be the first one to respond to this. I hear ya Monte. I will decide by this weekend whether I bring it back down or not. I'm 60/40 leaning towards bringing it down.
Old 01-16-2012, 07:48 PM   #28
Stealth Custom Series™

I've been slacking in the photo department. I don't have any nice shots yet post lift, but here's a few shots that I took while testing fitting some BAMF sliders.

Old 01-17-2012, 08:36 PM   #30
Stealth Custom Series™

Quote:
YOU STILL HAVEN'T FIXED THE FRONT COILS!!!! $#%@#%@$%@#$!@$!@#%!#!#@$@$#$*()&)@#$%*@#$%@)(&@#$ *%@$*(&^@)#$(*&.........

But bad ass sliders m8
Monte, I though you had better eyes than that man. They are set at 0 buddy. I think my 265/70s are too small, selling your 33s anytime soon??? HAHAHA.
Old 02-04-2012, 10:06 PM   #32
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
You get them sliders installed yet
Old 02-05-2012, 12:22 PM   #33
Stealth Custom Series™

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
You get them sliders installed yet
i got the brackets and gussets welded on. next week, i plan to paint them and get them welded onto the frame. pics coming next week.
Old 02-08-2012, 03:02 PM   #36
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSPerformance View Post
i got the brackets and gussets welded on. next week, i plan to paint them and get them welded onto the frame. pics coming next week.
Quote:
HURRY UP VIN! get them sliders on. They are gonna be sweeeetttt
X2 man I need to finished pics of those bad boys
Old 02-08-2012, 08:22 PM   #37
Stealth Custom Series™

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
X2 man I need to finished pics of those bad boys
They are sweet and I will send them your way once they're on.
Old 02-09-2012, 12:59 AM   #38
Alpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Ruben
Alpha Q Up's Tacoma Gallery
The build looks good! And some cool sliders!