Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

SCSPerformance - 200k+ miles and still modding build

Old 11-05-2012, 01:54 PM   #61
Stealth Custom Series™
SCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Vin
SCSPerformance's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DD03SR5 View Post
how are you liking the tundra brakes . mine are starting to get spongy and I am thinking of going this route
I love the Tundra caliper upgrade. I wish I had done this as the first mod. It's well worth the investment.
Old 04-01-2013, 05:57 PM   #62
Stealth Custom Series™
SCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shed

It's been a good while since I've updated this thread. I'm about to hit 245k miles any day now.

A couple of months ago I ordered a tube bumper from Addicted Offroads. I made a special request to customize the stinger to my liking. They offer a square and pointed style stinger, but I wanted something in between and made a drawing for them to go off of. I don't think they were too happy to do it, but they made it happen and I'm very pleased with the results.

My brother helped me with the test fitting and once we got everything all squared off, he welded up their bumper crossmember. It's going to Jerry at BAMF in a couple of days to get powder coated

The Addicted bumper weighs roughly 63lbs.

The stock bumper removed

The stock crossmember removed and extension cut and ground down.

New extension tacked for test fitting then welded

The new crossmember slips over the extensions and is welded into place.

We bolted the bumper back on to get one final look.
Old 04-01-2013, 06:09 PM   #63
4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Connor
4Running Daily's Tacoma Gallery
I like the stinger!
Old 04-01-2013, 06:12 PM   #64
McBuckets
RockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Noah
RockyMtnTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Looking good man!
Old 04-01-2013, 06:18 PM   #65
instagram: ATC510
sytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Infantry
Name: Alex
sytfu510's Tacoma Gallery
dam man looks sick!! Time to hit up slick rock next month!
Old 04-01-2013, 07:45 PM   #66
Stealth Custom Series™

Thanks guys.

Alex, I'm still thinking about that trip.

I painted the front end today so it looks a little better(cleaner). I had to temporary zip tie my turn signals for the time being.

Old 04-18-2013, 11:12 AM   #67
meantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andres
meantaco's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Vin why did you go with the f5 instead of the f6s?
Old 04-19-2013, 06:16 PM   #68
Stealth Custom Series™

Quote:
Originally Posted by meantaco View Post
Hey Vin why did you go with the f5 instead of the f6s?
I just prefer the design of the F-5 more on a 1st gen.
Old 04-19-2013, 06:29 PM   #69
meantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSPerformance View Post
I just prefer the design of the F-5 more on a 1st gen.
Do you prefer the f6 on the 2nd gen?
Old 04-19-2013, 06:44 PM   #70
Stealth Custom Series™

Quote:
Do you prefer the f6 on the 2nd gen?
If I owned a 2nd gen, the Stealth 6 would be my preference.
Old 04-28-2013, 03:18 PM   #71

updates?
Old 04-28-2013, 03:40 PM   #72
Alpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Ruben
Alpha Q Up's Tacoma Gallery
What did you paint the front end with? (Color and finish) did you use primer?
Old 04-28-2013, 07:16 PM   #73
Stealth Custom Series™

Quote:
updates?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Q Up View Post
What did you paint the front end with? (Color and finish) did you use primer?
New pics are coming soon.

Ruben, I didn't use anything special just some Rust-Oleum Ultra Cover from Home Depot. I shot a couple coats of primer and then a couple coats of semi-gloss black.
Old 09-10-2013, 12:17 PM   #74
Stealth Custom Series™

The truck has hit 250k+ miles now and it's still running great. These are pics from a few weeks ago with the local TW guys.

Saved by the kickups

I got high-centered for a second