Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

SCSPerformance - 200k+ miles and still modding build

Old 08-10-2011, 10:25 PM   #1
Stealth Custom Series™
SCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Vin
SCSPerformance's Tacoma Gallery
SCSPerformance - 200k+ miles and still modding build

As it sits today

Mods

Exterior/Armor
- BAMF Kickup sliders
- Mercer frame reinforcement plates
- 16x8 SCS F-5
- 285/75/16 BFG KM2

Suspension
- Eibach lift springs
- Bilstein 5100 front struts
- Bilstein 5150 8.5" rear shocks
- 2" Wheeler aal
- Wheeler rear extended brake line
- Toytec differential drop
- BAMF BPV bracket
- Energy Suspension 4.5" bump stop

Misc.
- Gray wire mod
- Diff. breather mod
- Tundra 13WL caliper upgrade

I haven't done much to the truck, but appearance wise I think it has come along nicely with minimal funding put into it.

I will keep on adding pics along the way to show the progression, but here's what I have for now.

Btw, as of 8-9-11, it currently has about 226k miles. Here's a picture from a couple of months ago with 224k miles.

Bone stock

Finally some real tires

A member pointed out my faded fender flares and recommended a little paint to freshen it up. It took me all day to do all four flares, the plastic front lower bumper, and to plasti-dip the chrome metal bumper. I also ordered a $35 aftermarket black grille to blackout the front end.

Yup, look closely and you'll see dead bugs on there.

I'm in the process of trying to sell some mustang wheels to fund the parts I need to do a lift. Hopefully, it'll sell soon b/c after seeing everyone's lifted Tacoma, I NEED to do it soon.
Old 08-10-2011, 10:30 PM   #2
Dangerous
ronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ron
ronman737's Tacoma Gallery
Looks awesome man. Id love to black out the chrome on mine too.
Old 08-10-2011, 10:37 PM   #3
Stealth Custom Series™
SCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronman737 View Post
Looks awesome man. Id love to black out the chrome on mine too.
Thanks. Honestly, I wasn't too happy with the feel/texture of the plasti-dip, but it was cheap and easy. I have 1.5 cans left so I'm going to do the rear bumper just for the hell of it when I have some time again.

For the flares and lower front bumper, I used primer and real paint. It turned out really good imo.
Old 08-10-2011, 10:52 PM   #4
Dangerous
ronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ron
ronman737's Tacoma Gallery
I have a can and tried to do my emblems. Its crap man. Trying to get the extra out of the inside of the letters was impossible. Im probably just going to debadge it and spray paint the bumpers. Mine is almost just like yours but red. I saw the flat black grille insert on ebay for about the same price the other night.
Old 08-11-2011, 01:22 PM   #6
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
sweet truck man
Old 09-07-2011, 04:07 AM   #7
meantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andres
meantaco's Tacoma Gallery
I really like how the steelies look on you truck.. For how much did you get them? Size 16s?
Old 09-07-2011, 03:26 PM   #8
Stealth Custom Series™

Quote:
Originally Posted by meantaco View Post
I really like how the steelies look on you truck.. For how much did you got them? Size 16s?
Thanks, I picked them up at a local Toyota meet a few months ago for $200 for 4 wheels and one spare with tire. These are the FJ 17" steelies. I have the center caps for them as well, but I decided not to use them.
Old 09-07-2011, 03:35 PM   #9
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
I absolutely love this truck!
Old 09-07-2011, 03:37 PM   #10
Stealth Custom Series™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacountryboy-IXI View Post
I absolutely love this truck!
thanks, but yours is a better version of it b/c it's already modded.
Old 09-07-2011, 03:44 PM   #11
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I'd take the 01-04 front end over the 98-00 anyday.
Old 10-06-2011, 01:33 PM   #13
Stealth Custom Series™

I picked up a few goodies in the last few weeks:
- front 5100s
- rear 5150s
- eibach springs

I still need a few more parts before I can do the install so I'm pretty excited. Since I know everyone likes pics, I know I do, here are some decal updates .

Old 10-06-2011, 11:10 PM   #15
Stealth Custom Series™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
Hmmm..i wonder where you got that stuff?? lol

Get that lift on!! NOW! lol
there's this member that goes around giving great deals to those that do good deeds. you got any more parts for me?
Old 10-29-2011, 10:13 AM   #17
Dwill817 is on a distinguished road
Name: Drew
Dwill817's Tacoma Gallery
Your truck is one of my favorites on this forum!
Old 10-29-2011, 09:43 PM   #18
Stealth Custom Series™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwill817 View Post
Your truck is one of my favorites on this forum!
thanks, i appreciate the compliment. hopefully in 2-3wks, i'll have some time to install my lift and update this thread with some new pics.
Old 10-29-2011, 10:31 PM   #19
Whyareyoureadingthis?

Can't wait to see the lift, it looks great without it.

Forgive me if I've asked before, but what engine/tranny in equipped on the truck?
Old 10-30-2011, 11:24 AM   #20
Stealth Custom Series™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacountryboy-IXI View Post
Can't wait to see the lift, it looks great without it.

Forgive me if I've asked before, but what engine/tranny in equipped on the truck?
thanks, it's a V6 3.4L with an auto tranny.