1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Connor's Build

Discussion in '1st Gen. Builds (1995-2004)' started by Freshmaker616, Aug 11, 2011.

1. Aug 11, 2011 at 3:56 PM
    Freshmaker616

Freshmaker616 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Connor
    Valdosta, GA
    Vehicle:
    98 Taco ext. Cab 4x4 automatic
    31x10.5 Goodyear Wrangler A/T's
    First ever post so I thought I'd make it a good one,
    I Just picked up this 98 Ext. Cab with the 2.7 automatic yesterday with 160000 miles and I figured I would post some pictures and some plans I may have for it.
    My idea behind this truck is I wanted it to be clean enough that I would like driving it to work everyday, but not be so clean that I would be afraid to take it offroad.
    I'm considering throwing some 15x8 Procomp 87 series on it, has anyone had any experience with them?

[​IMG]
    First day back at home. The previous owner had riveted on some diamond plate bed rails so first thing I did was drill those off and wax the paint underneath, then take off the old torn up mud flaps.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I cleaned off the headlights today with a razor blade and buffing wheel, they came out alright. Not as clear as I was shooting for, but a whole lot better than they were. Moving on to the engine, I found a weird stain on the valve cover, intake manifold.... basically anything on top of the engine made of metal. Anyone have any idea on how to remove it, I tried tire shine and a tooth brush, then degreaser. none of which worked. Has anyone seen it before, if so any pointers to removing it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

What the truck looks like now, I installed a set of Bilstein 5100's on the 1.75 level and a set of 15" gloss black Pro Comp 98 Series with 3.75 backspacing. After install I realized how rusted my rear drums and hubs were so I sanded, primed and painted them along with a little bit of gloss black for the wheel weights.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Nov 9, 2011 at 1:19 PM
    tacoma16

tacoma16 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter
    Ontario
    Vehicle:
    Double cab SR5 4x4
    looking good

3. Nov 9, 2011 at 1:21 PM
    chaz834

chaz834 Tacoma 4 Life.

Member:
    First Name:
    Chase
    Kendrick, Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2012 Sport MGM
    3'' Tuff Counrty Lift, Moromoto Mini H1 Projectors 5000K 35W, BHLM, 30'' LED Light Bar, Black TOYOTA Emblem, Excelon Touch Screen Deck, Hertz Speakers,Excelon AMP, 2 10'' JL Audio Subs, Wet Okle seat covers, Weather Tech Floor Mats.
    Nice pickup man!

Products Discussed in

To Top