Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

LOTSOFTOYS PANDA BUILD

Old 10-27-2011, 06:06 PM   #41
Tommy Tacoma is on a distinguished road

Name: Mitch
Tommy Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
What did you do about blinkers with your new front bumper?
Old 10-28-2011, 06:29 PM   #42
pavement is boring....
lotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jace
lotsoftoys's Tacoma Gallery
i actually did the "fog light mod" kinda.... got a dual filement bulb and socket, has 3 wires coming off of it. power, power and ground. i have my running lights on the dimmer light and blinker on the bright one. i hallowed out the factory hole in the corner light just enough that the larger socket could fit. throw some silcone on it and call it good! i love it, super unique and clean as hell. no one ever notices unless ur really into the first gens
Old 10-30-2011, 06:05 AM   #43
XxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr.Chow
XxTHe FioLOxX's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice taco you got there, the black on white looks awesome
Old 10-31-2011, 10:05 AM   #44
pavement is boring....
lotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shed

thanx man!^ thinkin for the MOAB meet of buying a Kungfu Panda stuffed animal and mounting him to my winch cable lol thoughts?
Old 11-07-2011, 05:18 PM   #45
TacomaV6 is on a distinguished road
TacomaV6's Tacoma Gallery
look awesome.
love the safari snorkel. you cut a hold in the fender to fit that?
Old 11-08-2011, 03:06 PM   #46
pavement is boring....

Yeah its a fully functional snorkel. hole through the fender and air box is water tight.
Old 11-08-2011, 03:10 PM   #47
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
you mean it's not an exhaust?
Old 11-08-2011, 05:26 PM   #48
pavement is boring....

ha ha ha no... sadly that guy at the seven 11 had no idea what he was talking about... lol.
Old 11-27-2011, 12:10 PM   #49
pavement is boring....

so just finshed installing new oem bushing and eccentrics on the lcas and poly budhings on the ucas.... man is the alignment alot better without siezed cams!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh and just bought a new compressor for tires! i love christmas sales.....
Old 11-27-2011, 12:42 PM   #50
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
how's the skids funds coming along? still looking to get those on before moab?
Old 11-27-2011, 01:42 PM   #51
pavement is boring....

yeah ha currently the funds are not growing with xmas and all... itll come tho someday lol
Old 12-14-2011, 07:00 PM   #52
pavement is boring....

so as an update to this boring build ha...
New rack, oem lower control arm bushings and essentrics, and new poly upper control arm bushing. best alignment the truck has ever had since ive owned it

so now what im thinking.... Id really like to have a full Bud Built skid from front to rear of t-case by Moab. Only think im worried about is the weight.... Id like to update my front OME suspension to the new gen nitrochargers and new 882 springs. but even then im thinkin itll still slouch alot in front with the bumper, wnch and now probly 200 pds in skids.... so im thinkin about the new OME's and maybe a 1/4 or 1/2 inch top plate spacers on top???? ideas? im thinkin i should get the skids and new suspension and see how she sits first... im not at all worried about the cv angles they will be just fine.
Old 12-14-2011, 08:52 PM   #53
lonzorizo is a name known to alllonzorizo is a name known to alllonzorizo is a name known to alllonzorizo is a name known to alllonzorizo is a name known to alllonzorizo is a name known to all

Name: Lonnie
lonzorizo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotsoftoys View Post
so as an update to this boring build ha...
New rack, oem lower control arm bushings and essentrics, and new poly upper control arm bushing. best alignment the truck has ever had since ive owned it

so now what im thinking.... Id really like to have a full Bud Built skid from front to rear of t-case by Moab. Only think im worried about is the weight.... Id like to update my front OME suspension to the new gen nitrochargers and new 882 springs. but even then im thinkin itll still slouch alot in front with the bumper, wnch and now probly 200 pds in skids.... so im thinkin about the new OME's and maybe a 1/4 or 1/2 inch top plate spacers on top???? ideas? im thinkin i should get the skids and new suspension and see how she sits first... im not at all worried about the cv angles they will be just fine.
Sick truck! Suprised you dont have more reply's to this build lol. And I think a 10mm trim picker or top plate spacer will keep you lifted around 3" with that amount of weight...same setup box rocket is running. Kurt Williams on expedition portal is running 882's on his first gen dc with a top plate spacer and trim packers...but he has a lot of weight up front (winch, bumper,shower, dual bats, supercharger, welder.)
Old 12-15-2011, 12:14 PM   #54
pavement is boring....

Thanx man, i wish more people replied too but its all good....

yeah thats what im thinking just a top plate spacer but never understood what a trim packer is????
Old 12-15-2011, 12:39 PM   #55
pavement is boring....

so this is from toytec... any other brand i should be searching for? says this will give 3/4" ????? how this are these??
Old 12-15-2011, 01:33 PM   #56
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
From what I gathered is trim packs were one sided to help with the lean caused by most the passenger and gas weight... versus the spacers that add to both sides evenly..
Old 12-15-2011, 03:11 PM   #57
pavement is boring....

ok... iwas thinking trim packers were spacers indies the coil over that contact the spring directly. it just cmpresses the spring more adding lift. im thinking the top spacer like what i posted. mounted ontop of the coilover, not effecting ride quality but still adds lift...
Old 12-15-2011, 08:22 PM   #58
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotsoftoys View Post
I wheeled alot with this setup. did great even with my worn out Cooper's. Had alot of fun though.

Nice... the Coney Creek Crossing on trail 507.

I was there 5 days before you according to the date on the post.
Old 12-16-2011, 01:36 AM   #59
lonzorizo is a name known to alllonzorizo is a name known to alllonzorizo is a name known to alllonzorizo is a name known to alllonzorizo is a name known to alllonzorizo is a name known to all

I'm using a 10mm top plate spacer I got from wheelers...gave me at least half inch of lift on top of my 881's. A trim packer seats under the top plate and adds preload on the springs, affects ride but not sure how noticeably. Top plate spacer would be the better of the options if you asked me. There's a guy on here runnin an elite plate bumper and winch with 882's and a 1/4" toytec top plate spacer and he said he's at "23 1/2 " from the bottom of my fender to the center of the hub give or take." Here's his build http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...et-copy-2.html
Old 12-16-2011, 01:43 AM   #60

And NYCO your kind of right. 5mm trim packers are commonly used on the drivers side strut to compensate for the added weight of the battery, driver etc.
People do use trim packers on both sides though for a little extra lift up front.
Here's a pic from box rockets build showing what a 10mm trim packer looks like in an assembled ome setup...hope he don't mind me sharing the pic: