Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Greensystemsgo's Build Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 05:53 PM   #21
Self Proclaimed first gen expert :doh:
Greensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Greensystemsgo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGloryFades View Post
They look much better than they did that night at Walmart

Hell yeah they do! I need to make a new adjuster but that's a different day.
Old 09-15-2011, 04:27 PM   #22
TACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
TACOMABOSS's Tacoma Gallery
no Loctite? why not? btw. head lights look way better. you cleaned the inside?
Old 09-17-2011, 08:52 AM   #23
Greensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACOMABOSS View Post
no Loctite? why not? btw. head lights look way better. you cleaned the inside?
Wasnt aware i needed any. i used red, the strongest.

Yup, took em out, threw some water and shook em around.

Poured it all out, shoved a papertowell inside and used the airhose to blow water all around, changed out papertowels, that got all the water out in a few minutes, now their awesome
Old 09-18-2011, 05:50 PM   #24

got into a little wreck. smooshed my, and her bumper. my fault. but id like to claim outside sources.

info here http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/ari...c-etc-etc.html

depending on how it goes, I may get enough for both bumpers, and maybe even sliders. Id be building them with brian and robert, so labors a decent price
Old 09-23-2011, 09:09 PM   #25

so, as im cruising around without a bumper, i decided to put turn signals into my corner markers. followed this guide, which wasn't really necessary. http://www.lieblweb.com/blinkerconversion.html i just paired up either ground wire on the ground tab, and put the brighter filament for the turn signals, weaker for driving lights.

On a side note the breaks are holding up great, all solid lines

imma take off my badges here soon to put on the second gen badges i got.
Old 10-03-2011, 08:29 PM   #26

Badges are off.

And bumper is in the process. Got my old man all excited for it which is great, hes great with attention to detail and is the perfect mentor through this, as neither one of us have ever done a bumper. hes given me a 2 1/2" thick tube hitch, which were gonna use as a cross member from frame rail to frame rail, also on board are 1/4" brackets, which were gonna use as, well brackets to the bumper mounting points. The hitch part will stay, will be sunken in, but available as an attachment point in the event of recover, or trailer maneuvering.

Also, my rear diff cover is spitting oil bad. i need to apply some rtv, anyone whos done this, how hard is it?

Attached Thumbnails
Greensystemsgo's Build Thread-2011-10-03_19-45-18_240.jpg  
Old 10-09-2011, 08:12 PM   #27

put on second gen badges, and plasti dipped them.

Also did the locker anytime mod.

This week imma redo the seal on the rear diff cover/third member cover thing, its leaking, bad.
Old 11-13-2011, 10:53 AM   #28

head a rear bearing crumble on me. pulled it and got it changed relatively quickly for three guys whom have never done a toyota rear end.

had to cut off the abs speed sensor cuffs, (like the fsm states), and then pounded axle on the ground to pop the hub outta the bearing. had some pipe layin aroudn that fit perfectly to pound on the new cuffs and bearing. just need to bleed brakes after work and all is well
Old 11-13-2011, 11:11 AM   #29
XxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr.Chow
XxTHe FioLOxX's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good man, keep up the good work, One thing I would do is put the Toyota emblem back on the grille
Old 11-14-2011, 10:50 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxTRDxxx View Post
Looks good man, keep up the good work, One thing I would do is put the Toyota emblem back on the grille
yeah, soon. unfortunately aesthetics is so far down the list.

here in a few weeks imma rebuild the rear end

also, got axle back in, brakes bled, all is well. all in all a 4 hour job if you have never done it before. I did NOT take it to a shop to be pressed. i had perfect fitting pipe, and slammed it down on ground.
Old 11-15-2011, 07:56 PM   #31
scalfee90 is on a distinguished road

Name: Shane
scalfee90's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greensystemsgo View Post
Little update, this happened.

backing out of a slot at frys food. Had to call for help, jacked her up, put in 4 bolts and drove her home. It busted the cv boots, and break lines.

Had to retorque the damn bolts, but this time with loctite. That side was easy.

The otherside was also lose, busted a head off of number three bolt. After a failed extraction i drilled it larger and put in a 16mm grade 8+ bolt. Then changed break lines, put in stainless woven lines. All in all helluva a oops.
This happened to me about a month ago, and what do ya know we have to same truck lol
Old 11-15-2011, 09:27 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by scalfee90 View Post
This happened to me about a month ago, and what do ya know we have to same truck lol
haha ha yeah. use stock hardware, or new grade 8 hardware. NOT the shit that came with the duralcrap ball joints.
Old 11-17-2011, 09:28 AM   #33

did the ujoint and carrier bearing on that piece of drive shaft. decent little job.
Old 12-01-2011, 08:30 PM   #34

Scored an awesome job, be prepared to see this truck really start to shine
Old 12-01-2011, 08:34 PM   #35
TACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
TACOMABOSS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greensystemsgo View Post
Scored an awesome job, be prepared to see this truck really start to shine
cant wait
Old 12-01-2011, 08:51 PM   #36

just got to play with locker anytime mod. pulled off road to jot down some information as i was talking to a client. I only planned on pulling half way off the road, but as soon as i did i sunk and hit the burm of dirt, But that atleast straightened me out. so i took the information i needed and when i gassed it i didnt move at all, but one wheel spun. so i locked it, crawled out at 3000rpm going 2mph, and technically played in mud
Old 01-12-2012, 09:57 AM   #37

Gas day is the worse day...

my optima, with wood shim.

slim cubby hid!

stainless break line, and stock uca, for now

5125 and all pro expo

the coveted diff lock

custom radiator mounts, and no toyota badge

2nd gen blacked badges

TRD OFFROAD FOTHAMUCKER!

rear end

22lr casings on my straight rear bumper even after getting rearended

trailer wire mess that ill clean one day, aaaand the license plate light dangling, i have one working

leaky rear diff, and stupid ebrake rise bracket.

aero turbine at2525

this is normal right, to have holes in your bed

front half of driveshaft, and disgusting scraped clean t-case

back view

torn passenger side cv boot

torn driver side cv boot

currently how she looks with the bug in the background

fresh driveshaft from az driveshaft. 490 bucks for new back half, and complete rebuild/balance

broken double-cardan

in back of truck ready to go
Old 01-12-2012, 10:18 AM   #38
G scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Garrett
G scott04's Tacoma Gallery
Ah yes very good
Old 01-12-2012, 11:10 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by G scott04 View Post
Ah yes very good
ummm which part?
Old 01-12-2012, 11:14 AM   #40
G scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Garrett
G scott04's Tacoma Gallery
The new driveshaft of course