Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

AlphaEcho's Build

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-26-2011, 08:17 PM   #1
Cheyenne Trail Crew
AlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 37th Helicopter Squadron
Name: Adam
AlphaEcho2k5's Tacoma Gallery
AlphaEcho's Build

Here it goes... I purchased this 2004 PreRunner from Ken & Colby (04taco2wd) in FEB '11 w/ 40k and change on the odometer. Great guys and along with USAA made the whole process smooth as hell, Thanks again guys. Here are some pics from the Craiglist add.

Below: How truck was purchased.

First, I decided to de-badge.

Added a aFe Pro Dry S Filter

Deckplate... well call it a 75% fix.

Magnaflow 12245 Stainless Steel 2.25" muffler added.

Wheels + had the white walls turned to the inside.

*If interested in the wheels please see this thread* http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/buy...-offroads.html

JdMeF9SiR2 was a pleasure doing business with great comms and info.

Sanded & Painted wheels hubs w/ grille high temp matte black.

*I didn't have a jack high enough to remove the wheels, so I taped between the hubs and rim and added more paper to cover the entire rim after taking this shot.

Added Kumoto Drain Plug.

Plasti-Dip'd front emblem.

There were some rub marks on the front bumper, I decided to take it off sand it down w/ 400 and spray it with

Grillcraft Installed.

Ultra-Gauge Install, modified the stock mounting bracket so I could still have the freedom to adjust then angle. I also ran the wire through the dash and under to the OBDII port.

Nite Shaded the taillights and 3rd brake light.

Nerf Bars powder coated, I wanted aftermarkets but due to cost I decided to have them coated.

B&M 70268 SuperCooler Automatic Transmission Cooler

Window trim was starting to take a dump, so I sanded and used some left over

I wasn't digging how the bed cage stood out so I decided to sand and spray... you say plasti-dip, I say Dupli-color bed liner

*Yes, I know I have the rails swapped; however I'm thinking about hitting them with a heat gun on low to counter the fading.

Windows tinted to match the rear.

Black bedside decals on, Yes I understand I removed the stock decals earlier on in this build; however I was going for a Red / Black look. I ordered the decals with red background and as I figured that looked like shat so I removed the shadowing and still like how it came out.

Fenderwells with yes.. the dupli-color.

Before

After

You can see the before in the third pic in this thread.

Future plans. Spray in-liner and who the hell knows after that. Huge thanks to you the TW members for the motivation, advice and knowledge that you've shared.
Old 08-26-2011, 08:31 PM   #2
Tacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
Tacoma mud's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck
Old 08-26-2011, 09:53 PM   #3
Honey badger hits whatever tree he wants to hit!!
Honey badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 99 Zulu
Name: Bon
Honey badger's Tacoma Gallery
Damn man very nice truck! I like the color a lot and those sick rims really set the whole truck off.
Old 08-27-2011, 02:59 PM   #4
Cheyenne Trail Crew
AlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbm32 View Post
Damn man very nice truck! I like the color a lot and those sick rims really set the whole truck off.
Thanks, man.
Old 08-27-2011, 03:04 PM   #5
"Change is inevitable, but growth is optional."
tacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
tacomarotto's Tacoma Gallery
so clean....
Old 08-27-2011, 03:08 PM   #6
"Change is inevitable, but growth is optional."
tacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
tacomarotto's Tacoma Gallery
those wheels are badass as well. one of my favorite designs

im surprised you haven't done anything with the front corner lights
Old 08-27-2011, 07:54 PM   #8
Cheyenne Trail Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
Loooooooks good!

Are you gonna emblem the grillcraft? Or just leave it clean?
I've thought about that and actually purchased an after-market emblem but I prefer this look. Thanks for looking.
Old 08-28-2011, 01:24 PM   #9
4wd tacoma
trd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
trd7's Tacoma Gallery
wow clean truck
Old 08-28-2011, 04:38 PM   #10
greatbody CHUCK
greatbody CHUCK is on a distinguished road

Name: Chuck
greatbody CHUCK's Tacoma Gallery
Those wheels kickass!!!
Old 08-30-2011, 07:22 PM   #11
Take your flame, ignite the world!!!!
04taco2wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed04taco2wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed04taco2wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed04taco2wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed04taco2wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed04taco2wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed04taco2wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed04taco2wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed04taco2wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed04taco2wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed04taco2wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colby
04taco2wd's Tacoma Gallery
Its lookin great Adam. Shes in good hands!
Old 08-30-2011, 07:31 PM   #12
I bring the feel goods
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TeamSarcasm
awesome truck, well done!
Old 09-10-2011, 05:42 AM   #13
Live Fast, Die Young
superwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

superwhite10's Tacoma Gallery
lookin good! love yer wheels
Old 09-10-2011, 06:47 PM   #14
supremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of light
supremetaco2's Tacoma Gallery
Clean taco bro good job
Old 09-22-2011, 08:26 AM   #15
Cheyenne Trail Crew

Completed the deckplate install, Head Unit comes in today will have that in asap.
Old 09-22-2011, 08:36 AM   #16
FISH08 is on a distinguished road

Name: Christian
FISH08's Tacoma Gallery
sweet looking truck bro!!!!!!.................thanks again for the wheels
Old 09-22-2011, 10:48 AM   #17
Cheyenne Trail Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by FISH08 View Post
sweet looking truck bro!!!!!!.................thanks again for the wheels
thanks man, now get those things mounted and post some pics!
Old 09-22-2011, 10:57 AM   #18
caffeine nicotine gasoline
livel0veryde is on a distinguished road

Name: josh Rockett
livel0veryde's Tacoma Gallery
looking good.
Old 09-23-2011, 08:57 PM   #19
Tommy Tacoma is on a distinguished road

Name: Mitch
Tommy Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Did your clock come red?
Old 09-25-2011, 03:32 PM   #20
ALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Senior Airman
Name: Andrew
ALawrence's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaEcho2k5 View Post

Completed the deckplate install, Head Unit comes in today will have that in asap.

now i may sound kinda stupid... i'm not sure what your doing here? i like the idea of cutting a hole in the air box, for increased air flow, but what did you screw in the hole? it looks like its threaded?

Products Discussed in this Thread