Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Anthony's 99 Tacoma

Old 05-06-2013, 03:42 PM   #321
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
Here ya go:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0D2dlOo3Dzg
Old 05-09-2013, 08:03 AM   #323
Johnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Johnnie's Tacoma Gallery
Hey- when you welded your rear cross member to the frame, did you cut the tube to give it a flat surface? Also, it looks like you welded some kind of end cap to it, right?
Old 05-09-2013, 05:07 PM   #324
Joels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to behold

Name: joel
Joels98taco's Tacoma Gallery
cut it to size weld on some angle to plug the end then weld the angle to the frame
Old 05-09-2013, 06:29 PM   #325
E-Fabber
Anthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
Anthony250's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnie View Post
Hey- when you welded your rear cross member to the frame, did you cut the tube to give it a flat surface? Also, it looks like you welded some kind of end cap to it, right?
Nope, just cut it to width of frame, weld up all bottom side, then at the ends I welded a light tab for added gusset haha.
Old 05-09-2013, 06:33 PM   #326
Johnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Johnnie's Tacoma Gallery
So you welded it to the top of the frame but didn't cut the tube, right? I thought for sure you cut the tube to make it flat on top of the frame.
Old 05-09-2013, 07:01 PM   #327
E-Fabber
Anthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Nope just welded the tube to frame on both sides and welded the 1/4" tab to the side and to the frame,its been holding strong for a while now!
Old 05-09-2013, 07:23 PM   #328

Navy:
Johnnie's Tacoma Gallery
Nice, makes everything that much easier. what size tube & how much clearance do you have with the bed?
Old 05-09-2013, 07:32 PM   #329
E-Fabber

1.5" Tube, and if you look at the other pics its all the way to the back of the truck,and theres about 1/4" of clearance or less. I did this because its a 12" shock and need all the room
Old 05-09-2013, 07:37 PM   #330

Navy:
Johnnie's Tacoma Gallery
I'm going to be using 10" short bodies so I don't need as much room but I'm not welding my lower mounts as low as yours. I'll probably keep the mounts high as possible on top.

What are you valved at?
Old 05-09-2013, 07:53 PM   #331
E-Fabber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnie View Post
I'm going to be using 10" short bodies so I don't need as much room but I'm not welding my lower mounts as low as yours. I'll probably keep the mounts high as possible on top.

What are you valved at?
Oh okay cool. Its valved at around 0.10" to .012" and 0.15" for progressive compression and 0.08" on rebound but in Bilstein valving which is a metric stack.
Old 05-09-2013, 08:02 PM   #332

Navy:
Johnnie's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for your help. I know I can get shock mounts anywhere but where did you get your upper mounts.
Old 05-09-2013, 08:11 PM   #334

Navy:
Johnnie's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks. I'm going to take a better look at your truck at the next race.
Old 05-09-2013, 08:24 PM   #335
Dezert Toy Fabrication
DTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DTFtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good!
Old 05-09-2013, 09:27 PM   #337
it's about the off-road miles
tacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
tacokid09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony250 View Post
Thanks dude. More changes lol

looks good man, i fell inlove with my truck all over again when i painted it haha. spray gun or what?
Old 05-09-2013, 09:52 PM   #338
FixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
FixedTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Truck looking good Ant.
Old 05-09-2013, 11:26 PM   #339
E-Fabber

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacokid09 View Post
looks good man, i fell inlove with my truck all over again when i painted it haha. spray gun or what?
Thanks , Yup spray gun and a few quarts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FixedTRD View Post
Truck looking good Ant.
Thanks Will.
Old 05-09-2013, 11:38 PM   #340
anthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shed

anthony250f's Tacoma Gallery
where did you get the paint from?