Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Anthony's 99 Tacoma

Old 10-07-2011, 07:36 AM   #21
E-Fabber
Anthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
Anthony250's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryhi View Post
yo i think i spotted u at the 76 today lol
Yeah, were you the dark blue 4 runner? Lets see some pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post
Very nice transformation Anthony !!......
Thanks Doug!
Old 10-08-2011, 04:36 AM   #22
ryhi is on a distinguished road

ryhi's Tacoma Gallery
yea that was me in the blurple 4runner. u can see pics in my sig.
Old 10-08-2011, 06:06 PM   #25
Chriskn1690 is on a distinguished road

Name: Chris
Chriskn1690's Tacoma Gallery
Nice lookin truck, I really like it. . . Hey I have a question for you. . I need some tires for my truck soon, and I really want to get new wheels as well. I've been thinking about buying a set of the 2nd gen wheels like you had off craigslist to put the new tires on, but I'm not sure if they fit. Do they fit without any customization? I know you bought it with them already on, but did it look like they just went right on no problem?
Old 10-08-2011, 06:34 PM   #27

I see, I see. I'm thinking about it. I'm just a broke college kid right now and honestly the job prospects after school aren't lookin to great, so I am trying to cheaply make the truck better. . It probably won't ever be lifted because I want to do it right, and that can get expensive. Thanks for the reply.
Old 10-12-2011, 04:54 PM   #29

Looks awesome painted!
Old 10-18-2011, 08:32 PM   #32
rcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rcfreak201's Tacoma Gallery
sweet! how do they compare to the last set of coilovers you had? i say loose the front plate
Old 10-18-2011, 08:34 PM   #33
E-Fabber
Anthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
Anthony250's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfreak201 View Post
sweet! how do they compare to the last set of coilovers you had? i say loose the front plate
They are softer, and more plush. But im yet to really test them out, right now they got shop air in them at like 130 psi, im going to get nitrogen thursday set them to 200psi , plus i cant push it becuase i got no straps
Old 10-18-2011, 08:49 PM   #34
precoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: corey
precoma's Tacoma Gallery
the fenders look good painted man
Old 10-19-2011, 01:19 AM   #36
ryhi is on a distinguished road

ryhi's Tacoma Gallery
looks good man. now where are your corner lights? lol
Old 10-19-2011, 06:30 AM   #37
onesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
onesixseven's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony250 View Post
Here it is..

CURRENT

Bought the truck in June of 2010 a couple weeks before i finished Highschool for
$5000, with 174k Miles. Basically no mods what so ever , except Newer Trd Sport wheels which were on Bald Tires and a Rhino Bedliner.
1999 Tacoma Prerunner V6
Automatic, 2 Wheel Drive , Non Trd.
Here is what it looked like stock, the day i brought it home

First Mod was Stereo , Everything i bought was Budget prices and used. I got a Kenwood stereo, 800 watt amp, and a Jl Audio Sub 12" , I custom made a box for it to fit in the back inbetween the two seats, also as a arm rest.
Dont have pics right now, ill get some tomorow.

My next mod was Painting the wheels black, so i painted them using Duplicolor wheel paint satin Black.

Shortly after i added a lightbar on the front, which was a mistake i should have never got it.

A little after that i added , window tint, and rancho shocks with a 2.5" spacer lift up front. Yes all this on budget, $16 window tint precut off ebay installed by a friend. And the lift and shocks off craigs for $60 bucks installed myself. Sometime after aswell i added a Flowmaster 40 , for $40 bucks lol.

Then after that me and my friend built a tube bumper for myself which he designed off Solidworks, which came out to $70 or so in materials.

Some time passed and i needed tires badly, so i found a set of Eagle alloys wheels and Goodyear tires 265/75/16 with 80 percent tread for $380 off craigslist.

Added led lights for turn signals becuase the front bumper is gone,

Also got some Plasti Dip and covered the emblems and grill, I also added some cheap rancho shocks i got off craigslist too.

After some trips out offroading and in the desert knew i needed to redo the suspension. So i got a pair of Add a leafs off a member here for $20 bucks.

I knew i had to get better shocks , somehow i found some Fabtech "yes i know they suck but they are just as good as fox , etc" Shocks for up to about 3" of lift for $45 bucks off craigslist in Georgia, one needed to be rebuilt , so i bought them and rebuilt the shock. Which these are 2.25 nitrogen charged, huge 7/8" shaft.

Truck sat like a stinkbug , high in the rear for a little bit, about a month or so when i knew i had to do something to the front.
I searched and searched and found some Racerunner coilovers 2.0's on craigslist for $200 needing to be rebuilt, off a lady about 1 15 minutes away from me. So i took a drive down there which took 2 hours in traffic trying to get them before 4 o clock before the next potential buyer was going to get them, i got them and took them home and rebuilt them, the seller gave me a gallon of oil and seal kit.

And cranked them up to about 3"

Next, i got some Hella 500ff', and converted them to Hid. I knew i wanted to get fiberglass , for my future Long travel. So i got some Glassworks 3.5" fenders for $140 , and running some 1.5" wheel spacers. And added a dust light. Also added cheap air horns, Deckplate mod.

As far as Maintence parts added, I have added new oxygen sensor, timing belt, water pump, thermostat, tranny mount, carrier bearing, air filter, two core radiator,
And recently installed Total Chaos Steering rack bushings.

I think i have about a little over $2000 into it now, mostly thanks to school financial aid.
Thats it for now. Thanks for looking.
In regards to your financial aid... glad my money could buy your truck parts dick
Old 10-21-2011, 05:25 PM   #39
is one of the sharper tools in the shed
truckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
truckboattruck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by onesixseven View Post
In regards to your financial aid... glad my money could buy your truck parts dick
Old 10-22-2011, 10:39 AM   #40
onesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
onesixseven's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by truckboattruck View Post
juss sayin, do u enjoy that? cuz i certainly dont