Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

My Silver/Magnetic Gray build

Old 09-11-2011, 07:03 AM   #1
Boerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: (South Africa) Mechanized Infantry. 1 SAI Btn
Name: Ferdie
Boerseun's Tacoma Gallery
My Silver/Magnetic Gray build

I picked up my truck from the painter yesterday and reinstalled the fender flares, bull bar and nerf bars - all color keyed with the magnetic gray two-tone stripe.

Attached Thumbnails
My Silver/Magnetic Gray build-bakkie-003.jpg   My Silver/Magnetic Gray build-bakkie-025.jpg   My Silver/Magnetic Gray build-bakkie-026.jpg   My Silver/Magnetic Gray build-bakkie-032.jpg   My Silver/Magnetic Gray build-fotoflexer_photo_bakkie_3.jpg  

Old 09-11-2011, 03:13 PM   #2
Boerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Added smoked headlights
Before:

After:

Attached Thumbnails
My Silver/Magnetic Gray build-bakkie-037.jpg  
Old 09-11-2011, 03:15 PM   #3
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery

I love those headlights. Did you get the lower half professionally painted?
Old 09-11-2011, 05:11 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacountryboy-IXI View Post

I love those headlights. Did you get the lower half professionally painted?
I don't know about "professionally". It is a friend of a friend who was supposed to be really good. I had to take it back 3 times before I was satisfied, but after all is done I am happy with it.

He charged me $700.00.
Old 09-11-2011, 05:50 PM   #5
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

It looks fantastic!

My one and only suggestion is clean behind your front wheels. I noticed mine and now I look at every truck like that. lol
Old 09-11-2011, 05:56 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacountryboy-IXI View Post
It looks fantastic!

My one and only suggestion is clean behind your front wheels. I noticed mine and now I look at every truck like that. lol

LOL - I see what you mean. Will do!
Old 09-11-2011, 06:42 PM   #8
Whyareyoureadingthis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boerseun View Post
It's horrible on mine. I usually take my front wheels off at least once a month and clean behind them and wax. Drives me crazy when I notice brake dust back there. I'm obsessed! lol
Old 09-11-2011, 07:26 PM   #10
Qjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Billy
Qjake's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good
Old 09-13-2011, 06:01 PM   #11
Cheyenne Trail Crew
AlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 37th Helicopter Squadron
Name: Adam
AlphaEcho2k5's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good.
Old 09-18-2011, 06:41 AM   #12

Roof Rack install

Start:

Because of the rounding of the front part of the roof I had to cut off 4" from the rails to prevent the front part of the bracket to hang in the air, since the bottom of the brackets are flat, so it won't work on the rounded front part of the roof.

This was the scariest part of it all - drilling holes in my roof. It is kind of weird to think the whole roof rack is only held on the truck by 12 sheet metal screws!

Done!

Closeup:

Before starting the install I cleaned the truck with a clay bar. It was the first time that I used this. After waxing it the roof was so smooth that every time I put my tape measure on the roof it started sliding off! The clay bar is unbelievable!
Attached Thumbnails
My Silver/Magnetic Gray build-bakkie-001.jpg   My Silver/Magnetic Gray build-bakkie-002.jpg   My Silver/Magnetic Gray build-bakkie-003.jpg   My Silver/Magnetic Gray build-bakkie-004.jpg   My Silver/Magnetic Gray build-bakkie-005.jpg  

Old 01-14-2012, 01:25 AM   #14
Afraz is on a distinguished road
Afraz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boerseun View Post
Where did you get the roof rack ?

the TRD 4X4's hjave a sun roof so they dont come with a factory roof rack, where did you get yours ?

I want one too, tahts why
Old 01-16-2012, 11:00 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afraz View Post
Where did you get the roof rack ?

the TRD 4X4's hjave a sun roof so they dont come with a factory roof rack, where did you get yours ?

I want one too, tahts why
It is a Aventura made by Perry Craft. I bought it online from a place in Texas. I think it was $180 - not sure anymore.

If you really want to use it, I would not recommend it. The whole thing attaches to the roof with 3 metal screws at each corner - no bolts, washers or anchors. I was a little surprised, but I only wanted it for looks, so it does not matter. They say it is rated for more than 200 lbs, which is hard for me to believe, sitting on an unreinforced roof. Also, if you load something like surfboards that might experience uplift forces while driving, I would be afraid that the screws might pull out.
Anyway, I like it for what I wanted it for, I just wanted to throw this disclaimer out there that I am not sure about loading this thing up.
Old 02-20-2012, 11:32 AM   #16

I never thought I would see this day, because I was a firm believer that Plasti-Dip is crap, but then finally the dip-bug bit me, so I tried it on my bottom window trim. The old coating was cracked real bad, so this looked like a good place to try the dip.

Before:

After:
Old 02-20-2012, 11:40 AM   #17

I wanted to clean the engine, but there was not much to clean. Not bad for a 10-year old truck! This engine bay has never been detailed - just kept clean. Yeah, I know - mall crawler.

Old 02-20-2012, 11:42 AM   #18

Painted the toneau frame black again.

Old 02-20-2012, 11:44 AM   #19
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good. Paint job is different, I like it. Although I'm partial to magnetic gray.
Old 02-20-2012, 11:45 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtav2002 View Post
Looks good. Paint job is different, I like it. Although I'm partial to magnetic gray.
Thanks. Yes I like the MGM. It is maybe a little dark - lighter gray would have looked good also, but I like it.