Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

2004 TRD dub cab build. (Project Ruckus.)

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-20-2013, 10:46 PM   #21
Project.paradigm is one of the sharper tools in the shedProject.paradigm is one of the sharper tools in the shedProject.paradigm is one of the sharper tools in the shedProject.paradigm is one of the sharper tools in the shedProject.paradigm is one of the sharper tools in the shedProject.paradigm is one of the sharper tools in the shedProject.paradigm is one of the sharper tools in the shedProject.paradigm is one of the sharper tools in the shedProject.paradigm is one of the sharper tools in the shedProject.paradigm is one of the sharper tools in the shedProject.paradigm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Project.paradigm's Tacoma Gallery
As far as I know it was kept in the garage. But it is fairly humid in their province and has been raining a lot. The rust is very light, I can scrape it off with my finger. Nothing a quick sanding wont take care off. It won't see any more moister till its painted.
Old 05-28-2013, 12:34 PM   #22
TacoLoco98 is on a distinguished road

TacoLoco98's Tacoma Gallery
Hey PP, How did those wheels mount up? I am picking up a set today for my first gen (stock, no lift) and am curious if I will need spacers. Will be running 265-70 tires. They are off a '12 FJ but look the same

Also this is my first post WEEEE!
Old 05-29-2013, 07:48 AM   #23
Project.paradigm is one of the sharper tools in the shedProject.paradigm is one of the sharper tools in the shedProject.paradigm is one of the sharper tools in the shedProject.paradigm is one of the sharper tools in the shedProject.paradigm is one of the sharper tools in the shedProject.paradigm is one of the sharper tools in the shedProject.paradigm is one of the sharper tools in the shedProject.paradigm is one of the sharper tools in the shedProject.paradigm is one of the sharper tools in the shedProject.paradigm is one of the sharper tools in the shedProject.paradigm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

The tires will probably rub the frame at full lock. With a 3" lift I still rub, but the trail grapplers have chunky side walls. I plan on running 1" wheel spacers. What tires are you putting on? The less aggressive the less they'll rub.
Old 05-29-2013, 07:15 PM   #24
TacoLoco98 is on a distinguished road

TacoLoco98's Tacoma Gallery
The wheels came with the stock tires which are not aggressive at all. I have yet to mount them up but I'm thinking wheel spacers at least on the front will help out. Are you running yours without? These are the tires: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....+H%2FT+D684+II
Old 05-31-2013, 06:28 PM   #25

With the stock dunflops you might be okay. I don't have spacers at the moment, It only rubs at full lock.
Old 08-30-2013, 08:30 PM   #26

Got in on the Bora wheel spacer group buy, picked up 4 0.75". Looks much better and no more frame rubbing at full lock.

Before: After:

Before: After:
Old 06-27-2014, 10:46 PM   #27

Got a good price on some KM2s. I need more lift, they rub like crazy just driving around the city.

Got rid of the trail grapplers since I didn't need them anymore. Also wanted something quieter and better on fuel for city/hi way driving. 285/70R17 BFG Rugged Terrian P rated.

Old 06-27-2014, 10:59 PM   #28
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery

Looking good
Old 06-29-2014, 03:37 PM   #29

RTT mounted on the truck.

It's home when not on the truck. I love the low ceiling height in my garage...not.

Products Discussed in this Thread