Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

2004 TRD dub cab build. (Project Ruckus.)

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-11-2011, 04:21 PM   #1
Project.paradigm is one of the sharper tools in the shedProject.paradigm is one of the sharper tools in the shedProject.paradigm is one of the sharper tools in the shedProject.paradigm is one of the sharper tools in the shedProject.paradigm is one of the sharper tools in the shedProject.paradigm is one of the sharper tools in the shedProject.paradigm is one of the sharper tools in the shedProject.paradigm is one of the sharper tools in the shedProject.paradigm is one of the sharper tools in the shedProject.paradigm is one of the sharper tools in the shedProject.paradigm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Project.paradigm's Tacoma Gallery
2004 TRD dub cab build. (Project Ruckus.)

Purchased around April of 2011 with 118,000km. I'm the third owner. I was originally looking for white but could not find one in good condition anywhere. Silver was my second choice. Many, many mods planned. I have a budget and usually stick to it so the mods will come slowly.

Completed:
XD Addicts and 265/70R17 terra grapplers (Sold)
Nokian 265/70R16 Hakka 5 studded winter tires on stock rims.(sold tires)
TBC 245/75R16 Arctic Claw winter tires on stock rims (plastidipped) (sold tires)
Nokian 235/85R16 LT2 studded winter tires on stock rims. (Sold tires)
Nokian 265/70R17 hakka 7 studded winter tires on sequoia rims. (Current)
Nitto 265/70R17 Terra grapplers on 4runner trail edition rims.(sold tires)
Nitto 255/75R17 Trail grapplers on 4runner rims (sold tires)
BFG 285/70R17 Rugged Terrain on 4runner rims (current, street/hi way)
Muteki 265/75R16 Mud Hog on stock derped rims. (Trails)
BFG 255/85R16 KM2 on stick rims. (Trail tires once I get a proper lift, they rub way too much.)
Lift Right air bags
Tint (got pulled over,removed)
Sock monkey Zombie decal
Redline hood struts
Yakima Qtower roof rack
Deck plate mod
Painted rear drums black
Extended rear diff breather
Grey wire mod
6000k hi/low HID
Truxxx 3' lift/level kit (temporary)
Wet Okole seat covers
18" magnaflow muffler
BoxRocket bed rack
BORA 0.75" Wheel spacers
All Pro sliders
TRD supercharger (purchased, not installed yet. Going to add the URD 7th injector and possibly mod the trans shift solenoids first. I also want to dyno before and after so that will cost a few bucks.)

Canopy off. I might put it back on in the winter. Not a big fan of them.

Had a thule from a previous vehicle, figured i'd try it out for camping. Can still access the bed from the sides but a little extra dry/secure storage.

New rims/tires about a month later. XD Addicts/Nitto Terra grapplers. Also sold the useless side steps for $100.

Tried with centre caps and without. Ended up going with the caps.

Got some tint on the front windows to match the rear. It turned out darker than i thought. We'll see if i keep it.
Also had them put on my sockmonkey decal.

Hood struts

Put my winter tires on.

Just in time. The roads were covered in ice, car bouncing off curbs all over the place. I had no problems stopping with the studded tires.

Did the deck plate mod. Doesn't look as nice as i'd like with the plate sticking out, but it works and i wasn't about to pay a re-stocking fee for a $20 plate. Over all it's the best mod i've ever done to any vehicle in terms of "bang for the buck". Truck sounds awesome and i think i'm getting better mileage to. Throttle response is noticeably better.

Plastidipped stock (winter rims) This pic was taken 4 months after I sprayed them. They held up well over the winter.

TRD supercharger
Old 09-11-2011, 04:30 PM   #2
tacomazach has a spectacular aura abouttacomazach has a spectacular aura about

Name: Zach
tacomazach's Tacoma Gallery
good looking truck. and a limited. nice find.
Old 09-17-2011, 08:02 AM   #3
I got tiger blood.. WINNING
LBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
LBCdan's Tacoma Gallery
Nice Truck!! I am getting the same exact one.. pretty much. You gonna lift that bad boy?
Old 09-18-2011, 08:19 AM   #4
Project.paradigm is one of the sharper tools in the shedProject.paradigm is one of the sharper tools in the shedProject.paradigm is one of the sharper tools in the shedProject.paradigm is one of the sharper tools in the shedProject.paradigm is one of the sharper tools in the shedProject.paradigm is one of the sharper tools in the shedProject.paradigm is one of the sharper tools in the shedProject.paradigm is one of the sharper tools in the shedProject.paradigm is one of the sharper tools in the shedProject.paradigm is one of the sharper tools in the shedProject.paradigm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBCdmv View Post
Nice Truck!! I am getting the same exact one.. pretty much. You gonna lift that bad boy?
Planning on a 3 inch. Probably go the Bilstien route. Haven't made up my mind or come up the cash yet. I have a quad,pitbike,scooter, and 5 pedal bikes. My "Mods" budget is limited and gets spread between the toys and the truck. My build will be slow.
Old 04-08-2012, 11:43 AM   #6

Put on my 2012 4Runner trail edition rims and 265/70R17 Nitto terra grapplers. This is the last set of rims/tires i'm buying until i get my lift purchased and supercharger installed. I keep coming across wheel or tire deals i just can't pass up.

Some HID's. Would prefer 5000k but all they had were 6000k.

Old 09-17-2012, 06:45 AM   #7
Faketannydeluxe
WhiteTacoma09 is a jewel in the roughWhiteTacoma09 is a jewel in the roughWhiteTacoma09 is a jewel in the rough
Name: Curt
WhiteTacoma09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Project.paradigm View Post
Put on my 2012 4Runner trail edition rims and 265/70R17 Nitto trail grapplers. This is the last set of rims/tires i'm buying until i get my lift purchased and supercharger installed. I keep coming across wheel or tire deals i just can't pass up.

looks nice! Picked up a set myself. Coolest wheel yet i think.
Old 10-03-2012, 01:17 AM   #8
DitchDoc is on a distinguished road

EMS: Paramedic
DitchDoc's Tacoma Gallery
Looking good. I have the same truck other than it's an 03. I am looking forward to what you do. I am right behind ya.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:19 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DitchDoc View Post
Looking good. I have the same truck other than it's an 03. I am looking forward to what you do. I am right behind ya.
Thanks, I had the cash saved up for a complete OME lift+rear leaf pack. Ended up going to the bank and doing a lump sum extra payment on the truck instead. Boring i know but i really want to get it payed off by next spring. I've got 2 years left of payments on it or i buckle down and do it in 6 months.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:43 PM   #10

Decided to add my Toyota vehicle history to my build thread, instead of creating a new one.
It all started with my 86 Supra. Super fun car but i was too young and too broke back then to fix it up and keep it.

Got a 92 nissan stanza after the supra. Decided i needed some thing more reliable, fuel efficient and newer.
06 Yaris RS.

Decided i needed a truck so i sold the yaris and got an 04 qc colorado zq8. Was a rattle trap and had intermitent electrical problems so i sold it and got a 94 SR5.

Didn't want to be driving the truck (04) every day and racking up the odometer, plus after adding tires and what not the mediocre mileage got even worse. Time for a cheap daily driver, 99 Corolla.

Drove that for a couple years, served its purpose well. After a while I wanted something a little newer and a little more pep. Stumbled upon a good deal on an 09 Corolla XRS.

Time to get back into a bike. 2013 Victory Judge with stage 1 pipes/tune.
Old 12-16-2012, 10:20 AM   #11
Tacoma 1 is on a distinguished road
Name: Travis
Tacoma 1's Tacoma Gallery
Do you have a lift on that tacoma with the xd addicts and terra grapplers? I'm looking to do the same thing with my tacoma.
Old 05-05-2013, 07:14 PM   #13

Bought a dirt bike with my OME lift money so I put in a Truxxx lift/level for the time being.
Also added some 255/75R17 Trail Grapplers.

Old 05-11-2013, 08:07 AM   #14
99horizonblue is on a distinguished road
99horizonblue's Tacoma Gallery
Rims and tires

What size where the xd addicts with nitto terra grapplers. Looking into getting some and was curious if I would need any kind of lift or leveling kit. And did they scrub?
Old 05-11-2013, 10:41 AM   #15
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Do you have your bedrack yet?
Old 05-12-2013, 09:39 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99horizonblue View Post
What size where the xd addicts with nitto terra grapplers. Looking into getting some and was curious if I would need any kind of lift or leveling kit. And did they scrub?
I believe they were 17x9 with 265/70r17 tires. I did have some rubbing on the frame at full lock. Spacers would help, probably 1 inch would be enough. May want a lift after the spacers but I went with a different setup so I can't say for sure.
Old 05-12-2013, 09:41 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box Rocket View Post
Do you have your bedrack yet?
My parents come to visit in 2 weeks. Ill have it May 19th.
Old 05-19-2013, 11:56 AM   #18

BoxRocket bed rack has arrived.
It came with mounting hardware and fits perfect. Once I make up my mind on how I want the axe/hi-lift/2 storage boxes/2 Rotopax/2 telescoping light bars arranged, ill probably bed line it for durability. I'll be using it for a RTT in the future so ill have to keep that in consideration with the layout.

I did a little mock up with some of the things that will go on it.

I've been trying to figure out how I could have a telescoping pole to put a rechargeable LED light on. I stumbled upon this one day and figured it would be perfect. It has 3 height settings and cost $20.00, I bought 2. Now I just need to figure out how I want it mounted.
Mock up.

Old 05-20-2013, 09:05 AM   #20
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Project.paradigm View Post
BoxRocket bed rack has arrived.
It came with mounting hardware and fits perfect. Once I make up my mind on how I want the axe/hi-lift/2 storage boxes/2 Rotopax/2 telescoping light bars arranged, ill probably bed line it for durability. I'll be using it for a RTT in the future so ill have to keep that in consideration with the layout.

I did a little mock up with some of the things that will go on it.

I've been trying to figure out how I could have a telescoping pole to put a rechargeable LED light on. I stumbled upon this one day and figured it would be perfect. It has 3 height settings and cost $20.00, I bought 2. Now I just need to figure out how I want it mounted.
Mock up.

Looking good. But it looks like your parents left that sitting outside for a while. There was no rust on it when I shipped it.

Products Discussed in this Thread