Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

1jz tacoma swap help

Old 09-12-2011, 03:40 AM   #1
colby8100 is on a distinguished road
Name: Colby
colby8100's Tacoma Gallery
1jz tacoma swap help

Ok I have an 01 tacoma I'm putting a 1jz vvti in and I lost my mechanic and I don't know how to wire it. I have a pin out for the 6extra plugs on the 1jz but I need to know exactly which 1s have to be wired and I need a diagram for the Tacoma and I need a diagram for the igniter 3 pins pulled out when I got the motor in someone please help me
Old 09-12-2011, 07:12 AM   #2
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
bump....
Old 09-12-2011, 05:44 PM   #3
Tacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
Tacoma mud's Tacoma Gallery
...PMUB
Old 09-12-2011, 07:25 PM   #4
colby8100 is on a distinguished road
Name: Colby
colby8100's Tacoma Gallery
WTF does bump mean I've spent 14 hrs researching this motor and can't find any info obviously you guys don't know what to do are else you could've answered the damn questions that's what forums are for to discuss topic and questions not to write bump on this is my project and i need help doing it but it looks like I got to track a jdm tech down I've done plenty of chevy v8 swaps in toyotas but I want a jdm motor in it so someone please answer my questions
Old 09-12-2011, 07:30 PM   #5
That's some tight butthole
malander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: max
malander's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by colby8100 View Post
WTF does bump mean I've spent 14 hrs researching this motor and can't find any info obviously you guys don't know what to do are else you could've answered the damn questions that's what forums are for to discuss topic and questions not to write bump on this is my project and i need help doing it but it looks like I got to track a jdm tech down I've done plenty of chevy v8 swaps in toyotas but I want a jdm motor in it so someone please answer my questions
Let's take a deep breath. "bump" means to "bump" a thread back to the top of the list of recently viewed threads. So people that "bump" your thread or ttt (to the top) are just trying to expose your thread to more people so you can find an answer. The majority of members here haven't done swaps but there are a few. I don't know anyone here who has a 1jz or 2jz. You'd probably be better off posting this question in a more hardcore mod forum such as ttora.com (Toyota Territory Off-Road Association) or Pirate4x4.com they will probably have more info on your issue. Good luck with the swap!
Old 09-12-2011, 07:30 PM   #6
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Dude don't be such a tool. The BUMP was to HELP you.
It bumps the thead to the top of the forum to get other people's attention. The PMUB is a backwards bump....still a bump nonetheless.

But I'm sure now that everyone else see's you're second post to TW I'm sure they can't wait to help you out. I'm quoting it just in case
Old 09-12-2011, 07:36 PM   #9
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnw View Post
this guy is starting off good so far pass the

We're good.

For what it's worth OP, you talk about "what forums are for" but you don't (or didn't) know one of the basic and most common post functions...Also. You're going into a full motor swap with 14 hours of research?

And it's not like everybody and their grandmother have done motor swaps, your answer may take some time.-The rest of our BS comments are all in good fun, and will keep your thread at the top until you have an answer
Old 09-12-2011, 07:39 PM   #10
Plastidipped ma Hootus!
kmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kmok's Tacoma Gallery
Not enought Jzs is your problem.

Old 09-12-2011, 07:45 PM   #12
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
You forgot that's a 2jz WITH NAS!

Cody I think we're gonna need more than popcorn. My contribution:

Old 09-12-2011, 07:45 PM   #13
That's some tight butthole
malander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: max
malander's Tacoma Gallery
I really would love to watch this thread blow up but I'm calling it a night.
Old 09-12-2011, 07:47 PM   #14
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jberry813 View Post

Cody I think we're gonna need more than popcorn.
*Pulls up in

You were saying?
THE CHAMP IS HEA!
Old 09-12-2011, 07:51 PM   #15
ATriplett513 has much to be proud ofATriplett513 has much to be proud ofATriplett513 has much to be proud ofATriplett513 has much to be proud ofATriplett513 has much to be proud ofATriplett513 has much to be proud ofATriplett513 has much to be proud ofATriplett513 has much to be proud of
Army:
ATriplett513's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Just because you pose a question DOES NOT mean it will be answered. It's a courtesy that someone with the information you need will take the time to reply.

Take a deep breath and try not to be a dick when you're asking for help. Please and thank you would be a nice thing to see.

I don't think he's coming back.
Old 09-12-2011, 07:52 PM   #16
I'll eat all your food.
UndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
UndefinedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
There is probably 3 people with JZ swaps on here.
None are active probably.

Try CustomTacos..there are like four or five JZ swapped trucks running around on their..2 are active(1 bought the truck, other did it himself..including rear irs and all kinds of other shit..his name is burke)
Old 09-12-2011, 07:52 PM   #17
t4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
t4r4life's Tacoma Gallery
jigga plz
Old 09-12-2011, 07:54 PM   #18
The Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
You were saying?
THE CHAMP IS HEA!
I suppose nuts are better than the hot dog stand I was expecting from you.
Old 09-12-2011, 07:58 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jberry813 View Post
I suppose nuts are better than the hot dog stand I was expecting from you.

Good thing I got this on standby...

I'll just advertise with this guy too.

Old 09-12-2011, 08:01 PM   #20
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
douche noob alert! get out teh hamma of ban