Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Alpha Q Up's Build

Old 10-24-2011, 08:06 PM   #41
ffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: mike
ffirg's Tacoma Gallery

Awesome looking truck, man. How hard was it to install the front lift after you had the coils mounted? Any issues? I'm looking to do the same lift but might have to stick with 5100s and stock coils for a few months until I get a few more bucks.

I love the looks of the tires too. I'll have to consider them when upgrading mine.
Old 10-24-2011, 08:16 PM   #42
Alpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Ruben
Alpha Q Up's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks.

It wasn't too bad. We did the front right first. And we couldn't get the lower arm to drop enough to line the bottom holes up. After a lot of attempts we finally were able to tap the bottom bolt through. But the left side we did in about 10 min.

I like the lift it gave me. The ride so far seems better. I'm content.

Be sure to order your billy's from DSM if your buying new. Great customer service.

The tires are good. People say they are loud but I don't think so. The shop ended up installing 3 sets of duratracs in one day. That should tell you something. Lol great ratings.
Old 10-24-2011, 08:18 PM   #43
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Nice Ruben! Wheels and tires look great.
I'm pretty sure you will rub full lock/compression. Swing by and I can show you on my truck what I had to do to keep from rubbing (mostly) when wheeling.
Old 10-24-2011, 09:59 PM   #44
Alpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jberry813 View Post
Nice Ruben! Wheels and tires look great.
I'm pretty sure you will rub full lock/compression. Swing by and I can show you on my truck what I had to do to keep from rubbing (mostly) when wheeling.
Yea. I can do that. I ended up going with the 285's and the guy told me it wasn't rubbing. But when I made a sharp left turn I rubbed on (what looks like the frame.)
Old 10-24-2011, 11:25 PM   #45
lonzorizo is a name known to alllonzorizo is a name known to alllonzorizo is a name known to alllonzorizo is a name known to alllonzorizo is a name known to alllonzorizo is a name known to all

Name: Lonnie
lonzorizo's Tacoma Gallery
Sick yota...285 duratracs ftw. Any pics of the grill mounted?
Old 10-25-2011, 12:54 AM   #46

EMS:
Nope. Haven't cut
the color matched yet.
Old 10-25-2011, 01:53 AM   #47
aka Senor Tacorojo
EL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: CORY
EL ROJO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Q Up View Post
Yea. I can do that. I ended up going with the 285's and the guy told me it wasn't rubbing. But when I made a sharp left turn I rubbed on (what looks like the frame.)
Nice truck man, I got same one but red

Ya u need to do the pinch weld mod for sure!
Old 10-25-2011, 03:33 AM   #48

EMS:
Nice build.

Is there a link to doing the pinch weld mod?
Old 10-25-2011, 03:36 AM   #49
The greenmonstah
greenmonstah is on a distinguished road

Firefighter: truck guy/emt
Name: Andy
greenmonstah's Tacoma Gallery
Good look!
Old 10-25-2011, 08:41 AM   #50
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Nice build.

Is there a link to doing the pinch weld mod?

Cut with grinder and hit with a big fucking hammer.
Old 10-28-2011, 09:09 PM   #51

EMS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmonstah View Post
Good look!
Thank you!

Quote:
Cut with grinder and hit with a big fucking hammer.
Lol let's do it!
Old 10-28-2011, 09:11 PM   #52

EMS:
Cutting out the color matched grille surround today. And transferring over the BDF grille.

Old 10-29-2011, 02:12 PM   #54

EMS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EL ROJO View Post
http://www.customtacos.com/tech/inde...ex_v2&id=9&c=3

Grinder would be cleaner, I just used a BFH to pound it flat at hit with paint. Easy fast clearance
Sweet thanks!
Old 10-29-2011, 08:54 PM   #55

EMS:
Old 10-30-2011, 01:28 PM   #56
w3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alvin
w3tw0rks's Tacoma Gallery
Trucks looking good man. I'm in SJ too. I got a 04 silver extended cab.
Old 10-30-2011, 01:42 PM   #57

EMS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by w3tw0rks View Post
Trucks looking good man. I'm in SJ too. I got a 04 silver extended cab.
Thanks.

That's cool. do you have a build page? Always looking to check out new rigs myself.
Old 10-30-2011, 01:59 PM   #58
The Mad Scientist

Quote:
Thanks.

That's cool. do you have a build page? Always looking to check out new rigs myself.
Don't expect a response from Alvin. He only comes on TW once every 3 weeks or so. At his current post rate he will hit 300 posts by this time next year.

I don't think Alvin has a build, it's one of those trucks you just have to see in person.
Old 10-30-2011, 02:00 PM   #59
w3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sorry no build page. I know there are some floating around in the Norcal section somewhere. You can see it in the Norcal section banner, silver 1st gen far left. LOL! I just realized that banner page hasn't changed for like 1.5 years now. LOL!!!
Old 10-30-2011, 02:01 PM   #60

Quote:
Don't expect a response from Alvin. He only comes on TW once every 3 weeks or so. At his current post rate he will hit 300 posts by this time next year.

I don't think Alvin has a build, it's one of those trucks you just have to see in person.
F'n Jason!!! LOL! I knew one of you guys would say something like that!!! I think I actually added 5 posts this afternoon. I need to slow down