Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Alpha Q Up's Build

Old 04-06-2013, 05:29 PM   #141
Alpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Ruben
Alpha Q Up's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJonAgs32 View Post
nice bumper! and T emblem!!!
Thanks buddy,

Trying to get as much armor as I can to join you guys camping. I probably won't make this years though.
Old 04-06-2013, 09:05 PM   #142
WUT?
thegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shed

thegame's Tacoma Gallery
Here are different renditions of the same thing I did. Glad you like the bumper!

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...ation-mod.html
Old 04-06-2013, 11:53 PM   #143
Paiza RIder
87Tcyota is on a distinguished road

Name: Joel
87Tcyota's Tacoma Gallery
I really like the truck man. Looks good and functional but yet simple. What wheels are those?
Old 04-07-2013, 11:21 AM   #144
Alpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegame View Post
Here are different renditions of the same thing I did. Glad you like the bumper!

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...ation-mod.html
Thanks I think the way you did it would works best. The bumper swap was perfect timing. Thanks again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87Tcyota View Post
I really like the truck man. Looks good and functional but yet simple. What wheels are those?
Thanks, they are procomp 7089's with duratracs.

I think I may change it up soon though. Maybe go 15's for a wider stance.
Old 04-09-2013, 06:01 PM   #145
WUT?
thegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shed

thegame's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Q Up View Post
Thanks I think the way you did it would works best. The bumper swap was perfect timing. Thanks again.

Thanks, they are procomp 7089's with duratracs.

I think I may change it up soon though. Maybe go 15's for a wider stance.
When I have some time, I will chop out those mounts and save 'em for ya.

I have 15's on my truck and while it was nice to do right off the bat, I would just put wheel spacers on if I were only looking for a wider stance. Just my opinion You'll spend a HELL of a lot more on new tires and wheels than if you just did wheel spacers.

Might be looking into getting rid of this All Pro rear bumper soon...
Old 04-09-2013, 09:51 PM   #146
4runner Troll
SCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
SCRunner12's Tacoma Gallery
Nice Ruben, I was wondering who got that bumper. Looks good and get some sliders and you're good to go.
Old 04-09-2013, 09:57 PM   #147
t4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
t4r4life's Tacoma Gallery
nice dude now we can be bumper buddies, how much did you pay for yours?
Old 04-09-2013, 11:00 PM   #148

EMS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegame View Post
When I have some time, I will chop out those mounts and save 'em for ya.

I have 15's on my truck and while it was nice to do right off the bat, I would just put wheel spacers on if I were only looking for a wider stance. Just my opinion You'll spend a HELL of a lot more on new tires and wheels than if you just did wheel spacers.

Might be looking into getting rid of this All Pro rear bumper soon...
Thanks!

I've heard a hell of a lot of bad things about spacers though...

Uh oh.... How soon? :Spy: I'm still recovering from the front bumper. You need to make a build thread so we can all drool over your truck.
Old 04-09-2013, 11:04 PM   #149

EMS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRunner12 View Post
Nice Ruben, I was wondering who got that bumper. Looks good and get some sliders and you're good to go.
Yeah I jumped on it real quick. I've been wanting this bumper for a while. I need to wait for Jerry to have another group buy and I'll be in on it for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by t4r4life View Post
nice dude now we can be bumper buddies, how much did you pay for yours?
You have the same bumper? Pics?

I paid $320 and my stock bumper. How much did you pay?
Old 04-11-2013, 02:35 PM   #150
I deal with dead animals
meatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
meatman's Tacoma Gallery
Cool build man! How do you like the procomps and how much did you pay?(if you don't mind me asking) Also you actually have my OEM grill on your truck lol Rims is next to go on my truck and i am on the fence with the comps and SCS 5's
Old 04-11-2013, 04:58 PM   #151

EMS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by meatman View Post
Cool build man! How do you like the procomps and how much did you pay?(if you don't mind me asking) Also you actually have my OEM grill on your truck lol Rims is next to go on my truck and i am on the fence with the comps and SCS 5's
Thank you,

The pro comps are good, I think I paid around $160 each. I think they are on sale right now at 4wheel parts.

The SCS's are so cool. If i could do it again, I would definitely pick those over the pro comps. That or 15's. unfortunately SCS didn't have any wheels in production at the time.

Maybe this will help also... I bought my wheels off of 4wheel parts and they were a hassle to deal with. (PIA) and I've actually met Vin (owner of SCS) and he's a straight down to earth dude. Best of luck with your decision.
Old 04-11-2013, 05:02 PM   #152

EMS:
Trimmed my wheel well. Looks way better.

Also threw the softtopper on.
I'll get a better pic
Old 04-11-2013, 07:53 PM   #153
Stealth Custom Series™
SCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Vin
SCSPerformance's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice Ruben! I just picked up an Addicted Offroad tube bumper myself. That's a great deal that you got for the bumper. Have you thought about shooting the exposed silver area in black? I think that would help blend the front end better.

Keep up the nice work!
Old 04-11-2013, 09:17 PM   #154

EMS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSPerformance View Post
Very nice Ruben! I just picked up an Addicted Offroad tube bumper myself. That's a great deal that you got for the bumper. Have you thought about shooting the exposed silver area in black? I think that would help blend the front end better.

Keep up the nice work!
Thanks Vin, Nice! Did you get it new or used?

Yeah I was stoked when the deal came up and jumped on it, it wouldn't have lasted long that's for sure.

I'm considering painting the silver. But it seems time consuming and a hassle (maybe just being lazy lol) i still have to sand and paint the bumper. You're lucky you won't have to deal with painting any exposed areas.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:24 PM   #155
Stealth Custom Series™
SCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Vin
SCSPerformance's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks Vin, Nice! Did you get it new or used?

Yeah I was stoked when the deal came up and jumped on it, it wouldn't have lasted long that's for sure.

I'm considering painting the silver. But it seems time consuming and a hassle (maybe just being lazy lol) i still have to sand and paint the bumper. You're lucky you won't have to deal with painting any exposed areas.

I ordered the bumper new. I remember seeing this particular TG bumper up for sale a couple of weeks after I paid for mine, but it was too late for me. I waited about a month for delivery.

Although my truck is black, I still went ahead and painted the exposed area semi-gloss black to blend everything in. I also had Jerry powdercoat the bumper. You should talk to him and see what he can do for you.

Old 04-11-2013, 09:31 PM   #156
t4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:

You have the same bumper? Pics?

I paid $320 and my stock bumper. How much did you pay?

I paid 300 new from low range off-road when they had their 15% off sale.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:38 PM   #157
'MERICA
TacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: PO2
Name: Steven
TacoSkeet's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great man! Very clean truck
Old 04-11-2013, 09:38 PM   #158

EMS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSPerformance View Post
I ordered the bumper new. I remember seeing this particular TG bumper up for sale a couple of weeks after I paid for mine, but it was too late for me. I waited about a month for delivery.

Although my truck is black, I still went ahead and painted the exposed area semi-gloss black to blend everything in. I also had Jerry powdercoat the bumper. You should talk to him and see what he can do for you.
Wow a month? That's a long time...

You did a really good job with painting. What paint did you use? I'm curious as to why you didn't paint the radiator... Any particular reason?

If I would have gotten the bumper new I would def gone with Jerry. Since it already has paint I'm most likely going to throw some bed liner on it. But I'll give him a pm and see what he can do.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:40 PM   #159

Quote:
Wow a month? That's a long time...

You did a really good job with painting. What paint did you use? I'm curious as to why you didn't paint the radiator... Any particular reason?

If I would have gotten the bumper new I would def gone with Jerry. Since it already has paint I'm most likely going to throw some bed liner on it. But I'll give him a pm and see what he can do.
got mine powdercoated at jerrys, looks way better than my bedlinered rear bumper
Old 04-11-2013, 09:41 PM   #160

EMS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by t4r4life View Post

I paid 300 new from low range off-road when they had their 15% off sale.
Hell-of-a deal! Is it powder coated?

Edit: just saw you did powder coat it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoSkeet View Post
Looks great man! Very clean truck
Thanks.