LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Alpha Q Up's Build

Old 04-11-2013, 09:47 PM   #161
t4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
t4r4life's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Q Up View Post
Hell-of-a deal! Is it powder coated?

Edit: just saw you did powder coat it.

Yeah when i first ordered it i had my doubts being its a trail queer bumper, but when i got it i was impressed, the welds, the metal, the design is pretty baller. and for 3 bills it was worth the money.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:52 PM   #162
Stealth Custom Series™
SCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Vin
SCSPerformance's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Wow a month? That's a long time...

You did a really good job with painting. What paint did you use? I'm curious as to why you didn't paint the radiator... Any particular reason?

If I would have gotten the bumper new I would def gone with Jerry. Since it already has paint I'm most likely going to throw some bed liner on it. But I'll give him a pm and see what he can do.
Good question. I was afraid of clogging up the radiator's ability to transfer heat so I left it alone. Now, after researching about this a bit more, it seems like it's perfectly safe to shoot a couple of lights coats on it with no ill affects.
Old 07-01-2013, 09:16 PM   #163
Alpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Ruben
Alpha Q Up's Tacoma Gallery
Before:

After:

Going to be mounting my TG bumper back on
Old 07-13-2013, 06:53 PM   #164
Alpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:

Old 07-13-2013, 08:18 PM   #165
4runner Troll
SCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
SCRunner12's Tacoma Gallery
Nice pictures Ruben! Where's the bumper?
Old 07-13-2013, 08:36 PM   #166

EMS:
Thanks Rob,

Jerry just finished powder coating it. And my brother picked it up but took it to Sac. And it's now at my parents in Tracy waiting to get picked up.
Old 07-14-2013, 01:29 AM   #167
BlackSportD has much to be proud ofBlackSportD has much to be proud ofBlackSportD has much to be proud ofBlackSportD has much to be proud ofBlackSportD has much to be proud ofBlackSportD has much to be proud ofBlackSportD has much to be proud ofBlackSportD has much to be proud ofBlackSportD has much to be proud of
Navy: EM1 Coastal Warfare
BlackSportD's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to BlackSportD
Do you have any rubbing with your wheel/tire setup?
Old 07-14-2013, 08:55 AM   #168

EMS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSportD View Post
Do you have any rubbing with your wheel/tire setup?
Yes, I have rubbing in front at full turn (tire on frame) and at the rear when the tire is stuffed (tire to fender)
Old 07-20-2013, 12:15 PM   #169

EMS:
Got my bumper back, freshly powder coated from BAMF, and installed.

I couldn't get one bolt in. Think it will be a problem?

Old 07-20-2013, 12:21 PM   #170
Student / Vol. FF
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MGMTacoFF's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Got my bumper back, freshly powder coated from BAMF, and installed.

I couldn't get one bolt in. Think it will be a problem?
If you winch off of it, then yes, definitely you need to get that bolt in and also get some plates to tie it down farther down the frame. (unless you have some already)

Bumper looks really good though.

Matt
Old 07-20-2013, 07:08 PM   #171
02 TRD Tacoma has a brilliant future02 TRD Tacoma has a brilliant future02 TRD Tacoma has a brilliant future02 TRD Tacoma has a brilliant future02 TRD Tacoma has a brilliant future02 TRD Tacoma has a brilliant future02 TRD Tacoma has a brilliant future02 TRD Tacoma has a brilliant future02 TRD Tacoma has a brilliant future02 TRD Tacoma has a brilliant future02 TRD Tacoma has a brilliant future

Name: Nathan
02 TRD Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Subed!! Ruben truck looks awesome man. i have watched u progress an what a build. i especially like the topper on the bed it makes the truck along with the bumper an wheels tires. i tried to make that front emblem u have out of square pieces of aluminum but didn't turn out so great. Haha!! head on over to my build an see what u think. got sliders to weld on soon.
Old 07-20-2013, 08:26 PM   #172

EMS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacoFF View Post
If you winch off of it, then yes, definitely you need to get that bolt in and also get some plates to tie it down farther down the frame. (unless you have some already)

Bumper looks really good though.

Matt
Thanks Matt, I will definitely be using this to winch off of. Not sure about the the plates though. I'll look into that.

Would you recommend getting a new bolt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02 TRD Tacoma View Post
Subed!! Ruben truck looks awesome man. i have watched u progress an what a build. i especially like the topper on the bed it makes the truck along with the bumper an wheels tires. i tried to make that front emblem u have out of square pieces of aluminum but didn't turn out so great. Haha!! head on over to my build an see what u think. got sliders to weld on soon.
Thanks. I just saw your truck. It's definitely a great build. Can't wait to see the sliders. I just ordered a pair of BAMF sliders myself. Hopefully get those soon.
Old 07-23-2013, 06:45 PM   #173
Student / Vol. FF
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MGMTacoFF's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks Matt, I will definitely be using this to winch off of. Not sure about the the plates though. I'll look into that.

Would you recommend getting a new bolt?

Thanks. I just saw your truck. It's definitely a great build. Can't wait to see the sliders. I just ordered a pair of BAMF sliders myself. Hopefully get those soon.
Does it not line up or something? You need all the strength you can get if you're going to be winching from the bumper. Call / PM JLee (B.A.M.F) who is a vendor on here about the bumper brackets. He should be able to help you out if you give him some pictures and/or measurements of what you need.

These are mine from B.A.M.F to give you an idea of what they look like if you've never seen them before.

Matt
Old 07-25-2013, 07:54 PM   #174

EMS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacoFF View Post
Does it not line up or something? You need all the strength you can get if you're going to be winching from the bumper. Call / PM JLee (B.A.M.F) who is a vendor on here about the bumper brackets. He should be able to help you out if you give him some pictures and/or measurements of what you need.

These are mine from B.A.M.F to give you an idea of what they look like if you've never seen them before.

Matt
The thread seems to be damaged.

I'll definitely talk to JLee about the brackets thanks.
Old 08-26-2013, 11:37 AM   #175

EMS:
Took the truck camping. Primarily what I bought it for. Dirt bikes and family fun

Jerry's and Alex's

Greg's and my truck
Old 12-01-2013, 09:41 PM   #176

EMS:
Got some pics from my BAMF sliders getting installed. I still need to get some after pics.

Old 12-12-2013, 06:45 PM   #177
johnboyTRD is on a distinguished road

Name: John
johnboyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Still waiting patiently for after pics!! By the way, I have been lurking your build, looks real nice! Maybe I'll see you around the bay some time, I'm in Morgan hill.
Old 01-03-2014, 02:03 PM   #178

EMS:
Hey thanks. We are actually riding around Morgan hill today. Found a photo op so I got some pics today.

BAMF Sliders
Old 01-03-2014, 03:23 PM   #179
Long time lurker
Tacoma Dave is on a distinguished road
Name: David
Tacoma Dave's Tacoma Gallery
Nice taco. Are your tail lights tinted? If so how many coats of spray did you use?
Old 01-03-2014, 04:04 PM   #180

EMS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma Dave View Post
Nice taco. Are your tail lights tinted? If so how many coats of spray did you use?
Thanks.

Yup. They have like 2 light coats.